1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

1 season other than Watkins who was out 9 games this year any ways and we lost Hunt too for the year. So even Mahomes did not get a full year. Weak excuse here.

Smith was 5-0 in 2018 'without Watkins'. It's pretty cool to have a guy on the field that can allow Hill to perform in a WR2 role. He wasn't a good WR1.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Alex, could never reach the levels of a QB like Colin Kaepernick.  Such a travesty that Colin had to take a knee to right that wrong placed upon thy elite QB and make the ultimate sacrifice of the rest of his career.  But he can rest easy knowing he was the more successful in the long run.

12 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

Yes. His acumen is not impeccable. He got away with a lot of dangerous throws. There were dropped interceptions, and plenty of other throws that he never should have attempted, and that he won't get away with in future years.

Lol ok bud. He took chances, what Reid believes in him to do and wanted Smith to do. He also learned from his first year. I guess throwing TDs to 12 different players this year meant he was just all luck. 5 different WRs caught TDs. I distinctly remember a year where Smith threw  none to a WR. He at least took chances, Smith never really tried until his last year here, a career year of 26 tds and just over 4k in yards. Even then he failed to score in the 2nd half when they blew an 18 point lead against the Titans at home. Did not score at all in the half, which you pointed out earlier about Mahomes  but we did at least have a FG that half.

• 4 weeks later...

22 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Wonder what he got too?

Dude has signed 120 million dollars in contracts during his career, and then has the nerve to float out there he wants a multi year deal after we released him. I guess reality set in quickly. 

11 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Dude has signed 120 million dollars in contracts during his career, and then has the nerve to float out there he wants a multi year deal after we released him. I guess reality set in quickly. 

Well he could have restructured here and did so knowing he would have years to go. Karma is a bitch, but he is playing in the 1 year deal so if he is out again a lot he will be done or a back up 1 year rental guy again.

On 4/15/2019 at 8:34 AM, kkuenn said:

Well he could have restructured here and did so knowing he would have years to go. Karma is a bitch, but he is playing in the 1 year deal so if he is out again a lot he will be done or a back up 1 year rental guy again.

It is possible that KC did not offer to restructure? They may have simply cut him with no offer.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

It is possible that KC did not offer to restructure? They may have simply cut him with no offer.

and I really hope thats the case..If I were Hunt/Reid or Veach I'd pretty much consider his bridge Burnt 

24 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Surgery wasn't on the table last year since they felt he could play at some point.

Do we really know what was and wasn't on the table.  I'd say by the way we cut him we can't really trust anything that was said about him last year.   

7 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Do we really know what was and wasn't on the table.  I'd say by the way we cut him we can't really trust anything that was said about him last year.   

Yeah they were open about hoping he would be contributing in 2018.  If he had surgery done, that would have been impossible.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

Yeah they were open about hoping he would be contributing in 2018.  If he had surgery done, that would have been impossible.

Thats entirely possible but its also possible he refused and because of who he is they went along and hoped for the best, but when it didn't work and he refused surgery in the offseason then he was cut.   I just don't think you cut a guy who is beloved in KC if he does something you suggest like not having surgery, but rather you cut him when he doesn't follow your suggestion because not having it surgically repaired didn't work last season.

5 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Thats entirely possible but its also possible he refused and because of who he is they went along and hoped for the best, but when it didn't work and he refused surgery in the offseason then he was cut.   I just don't think you cut a guy who is beloved in KC if he does something you suggest like not having surgery, but rather you cut him when he doesn't follow your suggestion because not having it surgically repaired didn't work last season.

He was too expensive and too much of a risk that his heel would get sore again without the surgery.  This isn't really that hard to figure out. Its a business. "Belovedness" has nothing to do with it.  Chiefs are going to have to pay Mahomes a second contract.  You can't afford that kind of expensive risk on this team.

17 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Surgery wasn't on the table last year since they felt he could play at some point.

He already spent as much time on the sideline as he would have with the surgery. I'm guessing there were some complications with the surgery that led to him not having it. 

The problem really didn't become aggravated till early into TC and the initial thought was he'd be ready to go by the second month of the season.  That turned into the bye week which turned into his spirit wasn't into it and on and on.

Having the procedure done after it flared up could have potentially locked them into him still being here for another season.

Archived