Projected Starters on D

Mloe asked for it, you got it:

DLINE: speaks, nnadi, jones, kpass(?) | Bench: Williams

LB: Ragland, Hitchens, Wilson  | Bench: DOD, Niemann 

CB: Ward, Fuller | Bench: Smith

S: HB, Watts | Bench: Lucas 

Assuming Dirty Dan is gone as well (hard to imagine him sticking around at this point).  This is flat-out crazy!

So we need two starting caliber dbs.  One capable starter from the draft and a vet on a one year prove it deal.  We need another starting caliber safety from the draft.  We need another starting caliber lb and imo the most important piece on D that we can hopefully fill in FA is a pass rusher.   And another Dlineman which we can get in the draft.   6 over players needed to round out the roster and 4 picked up in the draft.   Gotta believe Sorenson gets cut yo to fill one of those spots as well.  We will be young and hungry.  Should be exciting!

1 hour ago, Marleydawg said:

Mloe asked for it, you got it:

DLINE: speaks, nnadi, jones, kpass(?) | Bench: Williams

LB: Ragland, Hitchens, Wilson  | Bench: DOD, Niemann 

CB: Ward, Fuller | Bench: Smith

S: HB, Watts | Bench: Lucas 

Assuming Dirty Dan is gone as well (hard to imagine him sticking around at this point).  This is flat-out crazy!

Accurate for the moment, but I doubt Veach is done and the Chiefs will certainly expect to gain several starters from the draft with four pick on the first two days.   Need CB, LB, DE, and FS.

I think we are on the right track. Veach has got some balls. He made some unpopular decisions. Almost half of your starting defense, gone. Honestly I think we will befine.

By the way, Darby (cb) will be in kc tomorrow. Expected for the chiefs to make a strong push to get him

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Accurate for the moment, but I doubt Veach is done and the Chiefs will certainly expect to gain several starters from the draft with four pick on the first two days.   Need CB, LB, DE, and FS.

I Hope we are not done.  This looks grim.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Maybe he'll play better in a 4-3 and a different scheme.  Gotta hope for something.  Also, the Chiefs could get the 'Bama LB in the draft. 

He sucked in the 43 before and why he was traded to us.

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

He sucked in the 43 before and why he was traded to us.

We have Hitchens who could easily fill that spot.  Obviously that opens another spot, but I wouldn't be surprised if we wouldn't cut Ragland if there was an older vet who wanted a play on a prove it deal or wanted to chase a ring.   

18 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

We have Hitchens who could easily fill that spot.  Obviously that opens another spot, but I wouldn't be surprised if we wouldn't cut Ragland if there was an older vet who wanted a play on a prove it deal or wanted to chase a ring.   

Hitchens will be the thumper. We have DOD and the new guy Wilson as for starters. I think a good signing here to compete for those two and draft for more depth and competition too. Wish we drafted Jewell last year lol

9 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Hitchens will be the thumper. We have DOD and the new guy Wilson as for starters. I think a good signing here to compete for those two and draft for more depth and competition too. Wish we drafted Jewell last year lol

A good draft choice might beat out Wilson.  I look at him about like Amerson last year.

50 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Or get him and keep Ragland. He looked pretty bad last year, but he is cheap, in a contract year and showed some flashes his first year. Be good depth anyway.

I don't get what the deal with Ragland is.  He didn't look that bad late in 2017 but looked slow and confused last season.  Was he hurt or was it the scheme or is he just that hopeless?  Would be nice to know what Spags thinks of him and if he sees a use for him. 

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I don't get what the deal with Ragland is.  He didn't look that bad late in 2017 but looked slow and confused last season.  Was he hurt or was it the scheme or is he just that hopeless?  Would be nice to know what Spags thinks of him and if he sees a use for him. 

I agree, why are so many people wanting Raglund gone. He is dirt cheap. Maybe he excels in this scheme and if not he is quality depth.

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Last year the defense was atrocious. It can’t get worse. Put some of these younger, Hungry guys, like Ward out there. 

During the year everyone wanted it blown up. So here ya go.

Agree.  Hate to see four starters dropped from the D including the three most counted on, but it had to be done for long term success.  The down side is that the new D may not look so good this season and if the O is clicking, we could see a repeat of last year.  A few years down the road will be the real test and the Chiefs have to keep the offense at the top. 

Archived