Can we find another CB like WARD?

CB should be a high priority in the draft, even if the Chiefs sign Darby.  First of all, Darby is coming off a torn ACL and might not be 100% this summer.  Secondly, Ward was okay, and might get better but with Nelson gone and Fuller as a slot CB, the Chiefs need another starter.  Greedy, Baker, and Murphy will likely be gone by #29, but there's a few others who might be worth reaching for.  Rock Ya Sin and the unpronounceable guy from Penn St. are possibilities as is Cullen.  The draft gurus will have to judge whether it's worth waiting until the second and hoping one will fall or maybe trade down 10-12 spaces to grab one earlier in the second and gather another second day pick.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

Darby will be 100% by camp. 

I agree that that will still draft a corner, but I don't think it's going to be top priority.  Top priority will be DL.

So who starts with Fuller and Darby?  Gotta have three CBs and Ward didn't really light it up.  Agree they need EDGE and LB, but I don't think a starting CB is on the roster.  If they snag Darby, they still should go CB in the top three picks.  JMHO

46 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So who starts with Fuller and Darby?  Gotta have three CBs and Ward didn't really light it up.  Agree they need EDGE and LB, but I don't think a starting CB is on the roster.  If they snag Darby, they still should go CB in the top three picks.  JMHO

Ward had some quality tape considering the poor coaching.

I doubt we are done in FA. If we sign Darby I'm expecting another veteran in the DL, might not be as high profile but someone will be there. Even if Ward is a decent starter we still won't be entering the season with 3 CBs.

As things currently stand the draft looks like 2 DBs + 2 DL + 1 LB + whatever. 

Archived