Are the Chiefs interested in bringing in any other players?

27 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

Yes, we need to do more to improve the defence more. Call me crazy but losing Nelson, Ford, Houston, Bailey, Berry and signing Mathieu has not made our defence better.  There is still lots of work to do.

I like the moves minus Houston wish he would of been willing to restructure. That said veach needs to hit in this draft, last year felt he reached for speaks and to think he traded up to get him. For me I'm hoping we can land Ferrell in the first. 

1 hour ago, VIChiefsFan said:

Yes, we need to do more to improve the defence. Call me crazy but losing Nelson, Ford, Houston, Bailey, Berry and signing Mathieu has not made our defence better.  There is still lots of work to do.

Meh.  SMellinger had a good line... you don't judge a vacation by the flight out.  

4 hours ago, VIChiefsFan said:

Yes, we need to do more to improve the defence. Call me crazy but losing Nelson, Ford, Houston, Bailey, Berry and signing Mathieu has not made our defence better.  There is still lots of work to do.

"Why didn't they keep that sweet 31st ranked Defense together"

4 hours ago, VIChiefsFan said:

Very true. But the 40 million in CAP savings and another second round pick next year gave us the opportunity to do just that. We were awful when it mattered with all those guys we let go. I'm not sure why anyone would be upset about letting them go.

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Very true. But the 40 million in CAP savings and another second round pick next year gave us the opportunity to do just that. We were awful when it mattered with all those guys we let go. I'm not sure why anyone would be upset about letting them go.

Probably because it wasn't Ford or Houston that was part of the problem last year. I get the scheme change is why we made these moves, but let's not pretend Houston and Ford were sucking it up and the cause of our bad D. A poor secondary and scheme were to blame.  

I was wanting Sutton fired 2 years, but that doesn't mean I have to be giddy about a switch to a 4-3 and letting our few producing players go.  

Let's be honest, we went from a few holes to fill to a ton of holes to fill. Tough to swallow when we were 1 play from a SB to now a full rebuild on D. 

1 minute ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Probably because it wasn't Ford or Houston that was part of the problem last year. I get the scheme change is why we made these moves, but let's not pretend Houston and Ford were sucking it up and the cause of our bad D. A poor secondary and scheme were to blame.  

I was wanting Sutton fired 2 years, but that doesn't mean I have to be giddy about a switch to a 4-3 and letting our few producing players go.  

Let's be honest, we went from a few holes to fill to a ton of holes to fill. Tough to swallow when we were 1 play from a SB to now a full rebuild on D. 

Agree. Lots of time and some cap to ad a little more talent.  

I am ok with this now because its a complete redo vs a patch & play plan. Fresh start all the way around. No reason the D still will not be a little better this season and much better as young guys get better over time.

44 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Dee was a part of the bad run defense. He also didn’t show up in the New England game either. 

12 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Dee was a part of the bad run defense. He also didn’t show up in the New England game either. 

Not many get to Brady in the playoffs, but he sure played a HUGE part in getting us to the playoffs. Our scheme was predictable...not saying he wasn't a one trick pony and probably a contract year wonder, but Ford played his ass off last year regardless. 

1 minute ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Not many get to Brady in the playoffs, but he sure played a HUGE part in getting us to the playoffs. Our scheme was predictable...not saying he wasn't a one trick pony and probably a contract year wonder, but Ford played his ass off last year regardless. 

ok big deal lots of those guys

6 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

No doubt he played well last year.

13 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Dee Ford no longer fit here.  What part of that is difficult to grasp?

1 hour ago, Biggjliv4 said:

How many sacks did Ford and Houston have in the Patriots loss? Zero. Offsides penalties that cost us the game. One. But on point youre right they weren't part of the problem except the reality those two combined for 35 million in CAP hits in 2019. That's beyond absurd for a duo that didn't help us when we needed it last year. And the money we can spend to replace those two along with another second round pick next year gives us an opportunity to do something real, not just throw a band aid on a failed unit. Most importantly we didn't do any of this until Steve Spagnuola could come in, watch game film, and make his recommendations. I see ZERO downside to any of this. We are losing that old Chiefs mentality that kept us from winning in January and embracing a bold new world. I love it. 

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

How many sacks did Ford and Houston have in the Patriots loss? Zero. Offsides penalties that cost us the game. One. But on point youre right they weren't part of the problem except the reality those two combined for 35 million in CAP hits in 2019. That's beyond absurd for a duo that didn't help us when we needed it last year. And the money we can spend to replace those two along with another second round pick next year gives us an opportunity to do something real, not just throw a band aid on a failed unit. Most importantly we didn't do any of this until Steve Spagnuola could come in, watch game film, and make his recommendations. I see ZERO downside to any of this. We are losing that old Chiefs mentality that kept us from winning in January and embracing a bold new world. I love it. 

Agreed. I can't think of any Chiefs fan that wouldn't sign on to a middle of the road defense this year...even if it meant we had fewer sacks than last year. The goal isn't to get the most sacks. The goal is to stop the other team from scoring. Sacks can help that of course but it took an historic offense to bail out the d most weeks. We have no idea how good our defense will be in 2019. But we had to bust up the hard ground of old contracts in order to plant some new seeds and see what grows. (yeah I'm in a gardening mood).

3 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

"Why didn't they keep that sweet 31st ranked Defense together"

FFS you morons, I was answering the original question of the post,  "Are the Chiefs Interested in bringing in any other players?"  My point is we got rid of a bunch of starters and had brought in one at that point. In no way did I comment on the quality of the moves.  So yes, we are interested in bringing in other players.  

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Where did you read that the deal was close with Darby??

Wondering the same thing.  The Chiefs will be extra cautious with Darby's injury and the docs are probably taking their time, but it shouldn't take this long and I keep fearing that the next bulletin will be about Darby making his next visit to another team and leaving KC without a contract.  Hope I'm wrong.  The team absolutely needs another veteran  CB.

Archived