Are the Chiefs interested in bringing in any other players?

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Wondering the same thing.  The Chiefs will be extra cautious with Darby's injury and the docs are probably taking their time, but it shouldn't take this long and I keep fearing that the next bulletin will be about Darby making his next visit to another team and leaving KC without a contract.  Hope I'm wrong.  The team absolutely needs another veteran  CB.

Semo said NFL network reported he is signing with Houston. This is literally nowhere on the internet including Twitter. And I havent seen it on NFL network either.

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Semo said NFL network reported he is signing with Houston. This is literally nowhere on the internet including Twitter. And I havent seen it on NFL network either.

I saw that too, I don't know why he said that?  His only visit so far has been to KC, I dont' see how you can sign with Houston when you arrived in KC last night and been there all day for a physical.  Had to be a mistake on his part.

1 minute ago, dksww said:

I saw that too, I don't know why he said that?  His only visit so far has been to KC, I dont' see how you can sign with Houston when you arrived in KC last night and been there all day for a physical.  Had to be a mistake on his part.

Yeah there is nothing on Twitter other than a local radio guy saying he hears he may be close to signing here.

6 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah there is nothing on Twitter other than a local radio guy saying he hears he may be close to signing here.

That's all I've really seen too.  My guess is he flew into KC late last night and met with the Chiefs today, doing the physical and  negotiation.

1 hour ago, VIChiefsFan said:

FFS you morons, I was answering the original question of the post,  "Are the Chiefs Interested in bringing in any other players?"  My point is we got rid of a bunch of starters and had brought in one at that point. In no way did I comment on the quality of the moves.  So yes, we are interested in bringing in other players.  

" Call me crazy but losing Nelson, Ford, Houston, Bailey, Berry and signing Mathieu has not made our defence better. "

ok

1 hour ago, VIChiefsFan said:

FFS you morons, I was answering the original question of the post,  "Are the Chiefs Interested in bringing in any other players?"  My point is we got rid of a bunch of starters and had brought in one at that point. In no way did I comment on the quality of the moves.  So yes, we are interested in bringing in other players.  

Easy.

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

I think Speaks and Kpass have some upside. I am good with the DTs. Rags and Hitch can play well, hope they do. CB and LB are pretty serious needs. I think we can survive at S with Watts but don’t want to depend on him.

Ive heard two different guys who cover this team regularly say the Chiefs coaches are very excited about Speaks. Crickets on KPass. At this point I think we've got as starters...

Okafor, Jones, Speaks, Nnadi  (Williams as first sub)  - Really young group of starters but there is potential there with almost no depth. Finding a legit DE who can get after the QB in the draft is essential with Ok bridging gap and helping vs run in year one. 

Wilson, Ragland, Hitchens  (DOD as first sub) - you could make a good case an early draft pick would beat out Ragland or Wilson if DOD doesn't - but its not as much of glaring need. But if right guy falls on draft day no reason not to go here. Hitchens can play any of those positions as a starter which helps. 

Ward, Mathieu, Sorenson, Fuller   (Watts as first sub)  (umm ouch. Tremon Smith is the nickel?  Sorenson as a starter again? Ward has really earned his spot and confidence as a starter? Just MASSIVE questions with the corners. I guess HB can play corner in the dime. But man we REALLY need two corners. Safety isn't as desperate as it was but at the same time it could still be our top pick if he can cover. 

But here's really the thing. We've got two real difference makers on defense to build around in Jones and Honey Bear while the rest are more role or system players. So anywhere on this side of the ball we can find a playmaker with potential to be a real difference maker, we need to jump on it no matter what position. But clearly without two legit corners added to this roster they've got no chance. 

7 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Ive heard two different guys who cover this team regularly say the Chiefs coaches are very excited about Speaks. Crickets on KPass. At this point I think we've got as starters...

Okafor, Jones, Speaks, Nnadi  (Williams as first sub)  - Really young group of starters but there is potential there with almost no depth. Finding a legit DE who can get after the QB in the draft is essential with Ok bridging gap and helping vs run in year one. 

Wilson, Ragland, Hitchens  (DOD as first sub) - you could make a good case an early draft pick would beat out Ragland or Wilson if DOD doesn't - but its not as much of glaring need. But if right guy falls on draft day no reason not to go here. Hitchens can play any of those positions as a starter which helps. 

Ward, Mathieu, Sorenson, Fuller   (Watts as first sub)  (umm ouch. Tremon Smith is the nickel?  Sorenson as a starter again? Ward has really earned his spot and confidence as a starter? Just MASSIVE questions with the corners. I guess HB can play corner in the dime. But man we REALLY need two corners. Safety isn't as desperate as it was but at the same time it could still be our top pick if he can cover. 

But here's really the thing. We've got two real difference makers on defense to build around in Jones and Honey Bear while the rest are more role or system players. So anywhere on this side of the ball we can find a playmaker with potential to be a real difference maker, we need to jump on it no matter what position. But clearly without two legit corners added to this roster they've got no chance. 

Chiefs linebackers, Hitchens & Ragland,  were a joke last year. Absolutely brutal. I would not count on either player to step up, especially Ragland. If you dont have that pass rush your linebackers need to be really special.

I think 2019 is another painfull year on defense but sets up 2020 as a breakout season for the D.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Chiefs linebackers, Hitchens & Ragland,  were a joke last year. Absolutely brutal. I would not count on either player to step up, especially Ragland. If you dont have that pass rush your linebackers need to be really special.

I think 2019 is another painfull year on defense but sets up 2020 as a breakout season for the D.

Hitchens will be night and day difference. Sutton use him in reacting and in this 43 he will be attacking.

30 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Hitchens will be night and day difference. Sutton use him in reacting and in this 43 he will be attacking.

You are not going to get Fanatic to admit that Hitchens 48 starts in a 43 defense make a bit of difference. All that matters to him is that he played poorly last year. So that means the guy is a terrible football player and Brett Veach does a terrible job in free agency.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You are not going to get Fanatic to admit that Hitchens 48 starts in a 43 defense make a bit of difference. All that matters to him is that he played poorly last year. So that means the guy is a terrible football player and Brett Veach does a terrible job in free agency.

Oh No Mr Luvless Guy 😰.........You sure spend a lot of time worrying about what I think. You are like that Old Joke. " Hey doctor I need some help" " My wife thinks she is a chicken". Doctor: So why do you stay with her? Answer: " Because I need the eggs".   If you did not needs the eggs then put me on ignore. 

Again: I dont belong to your cult. I dont need to be convinced. Its a discussion board. 

51 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Oh No Mr Luvless Guy 😰.........You sure spend a lot of time worrying about what I think. You are like that Old Joke. " Hey doctor I need some help" " My wife thinks she is a chicken". Doctor: So why do you stay with her? Answer: " Because I need the eggs".   If you did not needs the eggs then put me on ignore. 

Again: I dont belong to your cult. I dont need to be convinced. Its a discussion board. 

FANATIC you rub a lot of CHIEFS fans the wrong way don't you my friend but look at it this way the board wouldn't be any fun if it wasn't for people like you, Handswarmer & BroncoStub(he disappeared after the Broncos started sucking) etc.

4 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

FANATIC you rub a lot of CHIEFS fans the wrong way don't you my friend but look at it this way the board wouldn't be any fun if it wasn't for people like you, Handswarmer & BroncoStub(he disappeared after the Broncos started sucking) etc.

Thanks. I agree. Its not a discussion if everyone agrees on everything. I dont spend my time attacking other peoples positions. Some enjoy attacking mine. I am a Chief fan like most here.

Archived