My suspicion is that Darby did indeed fail his physical and that he and his agent have requested that it be kept hushed, so it doesnt destroy his market. I imagine the Chiefs are doing the right thing here, and keeping that info in house.

Having said that...WTF is this team gonna do at corner? Its a ridiculously thin market in free agency. The draft doesnt appear to have any legit stud #1s either. It can be argued that Greedy, Murphy and Baker all project as more high end #2 corners.

Is a trade our best route? Veach says he always has a plan B, C, D...

12 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

My suspicion is that Darby did indeed fail his physical and that he and his agent have requested that it be kept hushed, so it doesnt destroy his market. I imagine the Chiefs are doing the right thing here, and keeping that info in house.

Having said that...WTF is this team gonna do at corner? Its a ridiculously thin market in free agency. The draft doesnt appear to have any legit stud #1s either. It can be argued that Greedy, Murphy and Baker all project as more high end #2 corners.

Is a trade our best route? Veach says he always has a plan B, C, D...

Trade for one. We have the ammo for it if they dont see the draft as a viable option.

28 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

What were they expecting from a guy that's still recovering from a torn ACL?

15 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I agree. Its been 4 months. Hes not fuckin Wolverine. Wtf was the point of the visit? To confirm he cant pass a physical?

Agreed, I don't understand any of this. 

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Trade for one. We have the ammo for it if they dont see the draft as a viable option.

Veach has accumulated 4 second round picks over the next two years. It certainly makes a trade realistic if the right one comes up. 

Greedy, Murphy, and Baker are worth a #29 pick.  The issue is that none will likely be there when the Chiefs pick.  Rock Ya Sin and the Penn State guy are worth second round picks and maybe Cullen as well.  The Chiefs have several choices.  If there is no stud EDGE when they pick in the first, they could trade down to take on of the second round CBs and draft another in the third.  They could package the extra second from next season and move up in the first to get Baker or Murphy.  They can still go the free agent route although we don't need repeats of Amerson and Scandrick.  Fuller, Ward, and two rookies are stretching it, but all they really need to do is replace Nelson with a top pick to be no worse than last season. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Greedy, Murphy, and Baker are worth a #29 pick.  The issue is that none will likely be there when the Chiefs pick.  Rock Ya Sin and the Penn State guy are worth second round picks and maybe Cullen as well.  The Chiefs have several choices.  If there is no stud EDGE when they pick in the first, they could trade down to take on of the second round CBs and draft another in the third.  They could package the extra second from next season and move up in the first to get Baker or Murphy.  They can still go the free agent route although we don't need repeats of Amerson and Scandrick.  Fuller, Ward, and two rookies are stretching it, but all they really need to do is replace Nelson with a top pick to be no worse than last season. 

I would look at lonnie Johnson of Kentucky and isaiah johnson of houston with that 29th pick too. Both are long corners that ran really well at the combine.  

2 hours ago, VIChiefsFan said:

Both.

A first this year and two twos next year for Peterson.  And two twos this year and a first next year for Ramsey.  And we can all buy our tickets for the Superbowl.

Peterson:

KC get Peterson

Cards get Sammy Watkins(Cards biggest need)+2019 2nd rounder+2020 2nd rounder

Ramsey+Fournette:

KC gets Ramsey and Fournette 

Jags get 2019 1st+2020 1st rounder

18 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

The Chiefs would regret drafting Greedy Williams.  I've never seen a DB's drill look so bad that an agent ended it half way through.

Looked like he was drunk on that backpedal and turn drill I saw. 

Archived