Hill Investigated for Battery. Oh no.

2 minutes ago, SEMO said:

I have no problem with a little corporal punishment.  But, there’s a line.  

Could have been an accident.  Had ahold of the kid by the arm while spanking him, or something like that. 

His Past violence is also a factor. In todays world it very likely is prosecuted. You dont get to beat 4 year olds anymore , with a belt, without consequences. I hope against hope there is a reasonable explanation.

There isn’t a lot of information out there yet, most of what I’ve seen is speculation.. there was a picture with him and his son where his son had a cast in Jan.. the 2 reports that came out,.. the first says child abuse/ neglect n names ty and his fiancé, but has been closed.. the newest report says Ty’s fiancé is the only person named.  There is current photo of Ty’s son with no cast.

1 minute ago, SEMO said:

Could have been an accident.  Had ahold of the kid by the arm while spanking him, or something like that. 

That was my thought.  I knew a person who's kid was falling off of the porch swing they were on, and out of instinct reached out and grabbed his arm to try to catch him, and the kids arm broke.  I am not saying anything like that happened here, just pointing out that kids break bones rather easily without malicious intent.  

Just now, FANATIC said:

His Past violence is also a factor. In todays world it very likely is prosecuted. You dont get to beat 4 year olds anymore without consequences. I hope against hope there is a reasonable explanation.

Some states allow spankings and such still. Have to find out all the info.

Good lord!  I'm on Pro-football-reference and just happen to click on Hill's name, and get directed to this story. I had to look at it twice. I had a whole diatribe typed up, but realized it's better to just wait it out, until all the information comes out. It's not worth getting too upset anymore.  

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

That was my thought.  I knew a person who's kid was falling off of the porch swing they were on, and out of instinct reached out and grabbed his arm to try to catch him, and the kids arm broke.  I am not saying anything like that happened here, just pointing out that kids break bones rather easily without malicious intent.  

Lets hope it is something like that. We need Hill. 

1 minute ago, qnet said:

Good lord!  I'm on Pro-football-reference and just happen to click on Hill's name, and get directed to this story. I had to look at it twice. I had a whole diatribe typed up, but realized it's better to just wait it out, until all the information comes out. It's not worth getting too upset anymore.  

Good advice. 

5 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Wait for the facts to come out.  There's a million things that could've happened, though this is going to be painted as if he were beating his child like a grown man.  By law, hospitals are required to report gunshot wounds, anything that can be possibly child abuse, etc.  If it was truly bad on Hill's part, I imagine he would've lied to the hospital and said the kid fell.  I mean there are a lot of possibilities here, and nobody knows the truth.  Relax, no reason to hit the panic button and start assuming suspensions, guilt etc. 

I think we all hope you are right.  I have seen some speculation that it was the mom.

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

Me too.  The modern pussified society...  Nothing would put you in line faster than being forced to go cut your own switch, because you knew your whipping wasn't coming out of rage, but cool, calculated discipline.  Also, fuck wooden spoons.

My Grandma was a ninja with a wooden spoon.

12 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Shit I use to have to pick out my own switch. This is not including the wooden spoons. I will wait to see all the info first though. 

I used to get the belt all the time. And then one day my Mom was so mad she accidently hit me with the buckle part which left a huge gash and bruise. I remember she cried about it and never used the belt again. But my Dad used to tell her to punch me in the face. LOL   I've never even considered hitting my daughter though. In part because I'm a sapp and also because now days taking away the phone is a much more compelling way to discipline. Not to mention she's a far better kid than i was. But more on point, I need more specifics here before I condemn Tyreek. 

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

I used to get the belt all the time. And then one day my Mom was so mad she accidently hit me with the buckle part which left a huge gash and bruise. I remember she cried about it and never used the belt again. But my Dad used to tell her to punch me in the face. LOL   I've never even considered hitting my daughter though. In part because I'm a sapp and also because now days taking away the phone is a much more compelling way to discipline. Not to mention she's a far better kid than i was. But more on point, I need more specifics here before I condemn Tyreek. 

Time outs and  lil  punishments work on girls but not boys

21 minutes ago, SEMO said:

At 3 or 4 years old, corporal punishment with a belt is too excessive.

Just now, oldtimer said:

Time outs and  lil  punishments work on girls but not boys

I raised 3 boys 2 girls. We never put a hand on any.  This child is 3. 

The only way I would have ever considered hitting a child is if they did something extremely dangerous. Fortunately that never occured for me.

People comparing this to Hunt...From everything I gathered during the Hunt info, KC released Hunt more so for him lying to everyone about it versus actually what happened.  So if KC already knew about these allegations it seems that Hill at least took the initiative and told KC what was going on.

So that in mind I don't think he would get released  BUT I do like the idea of drafting a WR early MUAHAHA