Hill Investigated for Battery. Oh no.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Benny Hill? Lol I know a typo but if you never heard of him, Google search that name. The image in my head alone made me laugh

Benny Hill was the man.  The had uncensored BH on pbs back in the day with NUDITY.   It was great.   Yeah topless nudity!   Nothing like it today.

11 minutes ago, Balto said:

The Athletic, Jay Glazer mentions that he heard “rumblings” that Hill’s name was being mentioned in trade talks earlier this offseason.

Not sure if it has anything to do with the allegations. The WR market has been quite active this offseason and may be some teams inquired about him or may be Veach didn't want to pay him 100 million$ with Mahomes in town. 

However if Chiefs know something and hasn't taken action that won't look good. 

1 minute ago, sith13 said:

Not sure if it has anything to do with the allegations. The WR market has been quite active this offseason and may be some teams inquired about him or may be Veach didn't want to pay him 100 million$ with Mahomes in town. 

However if Chiefs know something and hasn't taken action that won't look good. 

Could be a lot of things.

I have a feeling that with Mahomes we are no longer going to be locking up guys to massive $100M contracts (other than Patrick, obviously).  Look at the Watkins and Mathieu deals - high $/year average but short-term to maintain flexibility.  Then dumping solid but overpriced guys (Houston, Berry) and not letting Ford become one of those guys.  We know that Patrick is our window.  We're not afraid to spend, but we're going to do it on our terms, hoping we can keep rebuilding on the fly so we don't waste Patrick's prime the way, say, Aaron's Rodgers' prime has been somewhat wasted.

I do think if the team had a bad feeling about Hill or his fiancée but didn't know about this specifically then maybe it makes sense to explore a Hill for Brown or Hill for Beckham type of swap.

On 3/17/2019 at 9:39 PM, Chiefswinitall said:

Benny Hill was the man.  The had uncensored BH on pbs back in the day with NUDITY.   It was great.   Yeah topless nudity!   Nothing like it today.

I remember as a kid.  I saw a naked lady leaning out the window on regular tv. My mouth dropped.
Good old Benny

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

If the Chiefs were super concerned with the investigation, they would have signed a WR.

The problem though is the Chiefs are gonna have to extend a deal that protects themselves and I don't think Tyreek's side is going to go for it. 

The draft is loaded with WR this year if it comes to it.  Not saying they would draft WR 1st or 2nd round, but if they had to, they can find a good one in the 2nd round or 3rd round.

20 minutes ago, dksww said:

The draft is loaded with WR this year if it comes to it.  Not saying they would draft WR 1st or 2nd round, but if they had to, they can find a good one in the 2nd round or 3rd round.

i'm going to go out on a limb here.  Andy Reid is all about offense.  Mahomes is the key to the whole organization, and he needs targets and protection.  Tyreek Hill is  under investigation and will be charged if he was involved in the "incident."  Domestic abuse is a pattern of behavior that nearly always repeats.  It is extremely difficult to stop or learn your way out of, because it is an emotional reaction. The Chiefs knew this and knew they were taking a huge risk with him.   For this reason, I am almost certain that he will be found to have been involved in a physical abuse situation.  That means 1) he will be released, just like Kareem Hunt and it will happen in a matter of weeks to months. 2) We have to have another top target before that happens, because of that likelihood.  We can'f find this out after free agency and the draft are over.  3) As a result, the entire draft situation is turned on its head.  The Chiefs will no doubt try to obtain the top WR prospect in the draft, who would be on a cheap first contract, and then will use FA and draft for the defense.

But I think WR is now our top priority.  #1 priority, no doubt.  Keep our fingers crossed on Dieter, Pringle, Tre Smith.

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

If the Chiefs were super concerned with the investigation, they would have signed a WR.

The problem though is the Chiefs are gonna have to extend a deal that protects themselves and I don't think Tyreek's side is going to go for it. 

I heard the Chiefs mouthpiece Mitch Holthus talking yesterday and he didn't sound real positive about this. Not sure if that means anything. He suggested that Jordy Nelson is a perfect fit fot the offense to run underneath stuff and then draft another deep threat. But he is also a KStater so take it with a grain of salt. Mitch does know his football though. 

6 hours ago, dksww said:

They were needing to add regardless, but a Tyreek issue would really put them at needing multiple receivers.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems clear by the article that 2 juvenile neglect/abuse reports were filed. One on the 5th and one on the 14th of the month. The one on the fifth was dropped and the one on the 14th has Hill's fiancee listed on it but Hill is not listed.

The thing that is frustrating is it would seem to the average person that they could easily gather the facts to the case in a short period of time. There can't be more than a few principles in this play. Getting statements from Hill, his fiancee, the neighbors. Examining the child, taking pictures....All that can be done in a fairly short time frame. So why is it taking so long? Unless there is more to it that we don't know about.

8 hours ago, dhitter said:

Seems clear by the article that 2 juvenile neglect/abuse reports were filed. One on the 5th and one on the 14th of the month. The one on the fifth was dropped and the one on the 14th has Hill's fiancee listed on it but Hill is not listed.

The thing that is frustrating is it would seem to the average person that they could easily gather the facts to the case in a short period of time. There can't be more than a few principles in this play. Getting statements from Hill, his fiancee, the neighbors. Examining the child, taking pictures....All that can be done in a fairly short time frame. So why is it taking so long? Unless there is more to it that we don't know about.

I think if charges were going to be pressed and arrest was going to be made it would've happened already.

also, the media will down play it, but Tyreek Hill showing up to voluntary workouts and being active again on social media is a good sign.

In the article just posted by SEMO, it said that the NFL asked for information from the cops to do their own investigation and the fact that they haven't already put him on the exempt list is good news as well.

Not sure we'll here Hill was every cleared.

Prosecutors are under no timeline to complete their work.   Charges could be brought against him anytime.   If he is not to be charged,  it would be best if the KC Star could find this out and print a story to that effect.   The Star is the one who originated the story and prosecutors are under no obligation to announce when an investigation with no criminal charges would be dismissed.   Considering the fact that the draft is only a few days away,  I would hope somehow the Chiefs were informed of the resolution of this.

28 minutes ago, wilkie said:

Prosecutors are under no timeline to complete their work.   Charges could be brought against him anytime.   If he is not to be charged,  it would be best if the KC Star could find this out and print a story to that effect.   The Star is the one who originated the story and prosecutors are under no obligation to announce when an investigation with no criminal charges would be dismissed.   Considering the fact that the draft is only a few days away,  I would hope somehow the Chiefs were informed of the resolution of this.

True but the charges were dropped 3 days later in the first case that had Hills name in it, so how could they charge then for that one? Then the second case does not mention Hill, so again, how does it affect him playing for us?

9 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

True but the charges were dropped 3 days later in the first case that had Hills name in it, so how could they charge then for that one? Then the second case does not mention Hill, so again, how does it affect him playing for us?

altho I agree, the Chiefs dont want to touch the subject and almost seem to avoid mentioning is name..over cautious? maybe , snake biten most probably. From what I gathered listening to Veach's Presser and subsequent talk on Petro just a moment ago . Reid hardly said hello to Tyreek over the weekend

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

altho I agree, the Chiefs dont want to touch the subject and almost seem to avoid mentioning is name..over cautious? maybe , snake biten most probably. From what I gathered listening to Veach's Presser and subsequent talk on Petro just a moment ago . Reid hardly said hello to Tyreek over the weekend

Sometimes the silent and showing disappointment is the best strategy. Parents did that to me when I received a DUI as I rather have been yelled at etc instead of knowing I let them down.