Hill Investigated for Battery. Oh no.

Read the article.  Boy do i feel better now, I mean am I reading that wrong?  They've only been having counseling sessions?

I understand worse case scenario the kid gets taken away, but as far as I can tell there won't be an arrest or anything.

31 minutes ago, dksww said:

Read the article.  Boy do i feel better now, I mean am I reading that wrong?  They've only been having counseling sessions?

I understand worse case scenario the kid gets taken away, but as far as I can tell there won't be an arrest or anything.

I dunno about counseling... I think its more on whether they are  competent parents..regards nothing that should impact his availability to play. JMO here but I got a feeling that woman of his is a walking time bomb freak show and as long as she's in the picture it'll be precarious situation

27 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I dunno about counseling... I think its more on whether they are  competent parents..regards nothing that should impact his availability to play. JMO here but I got a feeling that woman of his is a walking time bomb freak show and as long as she's in the picture it'll be precarious situation

That's what I was telling Shane. It sounds more to me like she is the one beating the kid. Hill wasnt even on the second report.

Key thing here.  No criminal charges and I’m sure the Chiefs were aware of this which is why he’s practicing. This other part is between him, his girlfriend, their kid and family court. In that sense it sure seems like we’ve dodged a bullet here especially because the NFL was legally stonewalled by JOCO court of any information.  

But this will certainly create pause within the organization who are still sitting here with an elite young player entering a contract year. Contracts largely protect teams from illegal activity but rarely protect against the court of public opinion if anything else happens. 

Should add Adam Teicher said there has been an obvious dramatic change in how the team handles “troubled” players since Brett Veach took over and expects that to be represented on draft day. He was adamant he knows for a fact that Veach would never have drafted Marcus Peters. Interesting. 

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

That's what I was telling Shane. It sounds more to me like she is the one beating the kid. Hill wasnt even on the second report.

Would it matter since it's their child together in the same house?

People are freaking out on Twitter worse than they did after the initial reports.  I get people are dumb but should we be worried or not?

I think he is ok to play this year, but alot of people are saying he could still be criminally charged.

29 minutes ago, dksww said:

People are freaking out on Twitter worse than they did after the initial reports.  I get people are dumb but should we be worried or not?

I think he is ok to play this year, but alot of people are saying he could still be criminally charged.

Charged with what? Nothing is filed in his name or any charges at all. This will be about if the child is in a safe environment etc. If anyone has to worry about charges it is the mother.

1 hour ago, dksww said:

I'm glad I don't go on Twitter. I hear nothing but drama about that social network.

44 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Charged with what? Nothing is filed in his name or any charges at all. This will be about if the child is in a safe environment etc. If anyone has to worry about charges it is the mother.

Idk, that's why I asked lol 

4 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

The Kansas City Star reports Tyreek Hill's son was "recently removed from the custody of Hill and the boy’s mother."

Report I read said they first went to court on the 5th, then again yesterday.  Hill’s woman was posting pics on Instagram of the 3 of them that appear to be from today.  I’m hoping child was taken Already and returned yesterday...pretty normal in stuff like this to remove the child pending investigation 

Just now, WichitaZRide said:

Report I read said they first went to court on the 5th, then again yesterday.  Hill’s woman was posting pics on Instagram of the 3 of them that appear to be from today.  I’m hoping child was taken Already and returned yesterday...pretty normal in stuff like this to remove the child pending investigation 

I got that from Rotoworld and this is when it was posted.

SOURCE: Kansas City Star
Apr 18, 2019, 9:01 PM

90% of domestic abusers repeat, whether they receive treatment or not. It is a literally built in emotional response to stress and anger in a domestic relationship.  Maybe something learned by observing as a baby.  There isn't really much that can be done about it.  It can be held off to some extent but never cured.  The Chiefs knew that risk when they drafted him. They know very well that their ability to win will require them to have a stable of very good receivers and a phenomenal QB to throw to them.  Whenever Hill goes, for whatever reason, a lesser replacement might cost them maybe one close game per season.  Seriously. As the years go by, Mahomes will get better and better with his footwork and his vision at seeing the open guy.  The mind blowing speed of Hill was best seen as a punt returner, only occasionally as a route runner.  Hill has great hands, also, but great hands can be replaced.  Regardless, Hill will always be at risk of domestic abuse.  It is just a fact, and the Chiefs know they will always have to be ready for it.

The Kansas City Star reports Tyreek Hill's three-year-old son was "recently removed from the custody of Hill and the boy’s mother."

Per the Star, it "isn’t clear when the boy was removed, or who he is staying with now." The Star reports Hill and his fiancee, Crystal Espinal, have been "working through a family court process called a 'child in need of care' case." Two separate investigations into child abuse at Hill's home were opened across nine days in March. The second incident involved the alleged breaking of Hill's son's arm. Hill reported for the start of Chiefs voluntary workouts this week, but this is looking like a situation that will involve a lengthy suspension, outright release or both.

Chiefs requesting information on March 5th sounds very promising. I'm pretty sure they would put some distance between the team and Hill if he was directly involved at something serious. He's definitely not in the clear as the court will determine if the kid has been abused or not but I think it's a positive step.

I deal with this stuff a lot.

Based on what we know, it appears that there was abuse, but not committed by Hill.  His fiance appears to be the one under primary investigation.   Because she lives there in a "mother figure" role, the youth has been placed elsewhere until certain counseling requirements, etc... are met.  Hill must comply as well because he is the father, and needs to ensure the safety of his child within the family unit.  This is NOT an indictment of Hill.  It is a mechanism to strengthen the family and ensure a safe environment for the child when he is returned.

Speculation about league discipline is way premature. 

16 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I was thinking about that...

I am in no way excusing Hill's previous incident but what if she is the one with serious issues? Did Hill choking her start with some serious shit from her? Women can say some things that will cause a man to snap. Pure speculation here, but just wondering if she's the unstable one.

No matter... this whole situation sucks, football aside. I hope they get their shit together so the kid can return home. I hope they can become better versions of themselves. 

47 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

I deal with this stuff a lot.

Based on what we know, it appears that there was abuse, but not committed by Hill.  His fiance appears to be the one under primary investigation.   Because she lives there in a "mother figure" role, the youth has been placed elsewhere until certain counseling requirements, etc... are met.  Hill must comply as well because he is the father, and needs to ensure the safety of his child within the family unit.  This is NOT an indictment of Hill.  It is a mechanism to strengthen the family and ensure a safe environment for the child when he is returned.

Speculation about league discipline is way premature. 

I hope the league doesn't punish him. Whenever the league gets involved in domestic issues and punishes people it irks me. Criminal, I get it. Domestic, give them help to overcome. 

1 minute ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

I hope the league doesn't punish him. Whenever the league gets involved in domestic issues and punishes people it irks me. Criminal, I get it. Domestic, give them help to overcome. 

With the caveat that we still don't know exactly what happened - I'm pretty sure injuring a partner or child is both a criminal and domestic issue.  I'm not sure about the point you're making.

37 minutes ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Statistics on that are not encouraging, and a child having broken his arm in a domestic dispute is NOT merely a domestic issue.

6 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Sounds like a case of two immature people who had children too early and who don’t know how to be adult parents. Child is probably being poorly handled by the mother while Tyreek is away. Child may even be neglected and Tyreek may not be around enough.

Wishful thinking.  In the first episode, Tyreek tried to kill the baby in utero by punching his girlfriend in the stomach and trying to strangle her.   That is a little more serious than "neglect." Whether or not she is a complete witch is irrelevant, when it comes to the psychology of physical abuse in a domestic situation. It is a matter of impulse control and making good decisions about whether to divorce or not.

Again, statistics show that a domestic abuser repeats at some point 90% of the time.  I don't believe that anyone should get their hopes up over the long term, whether it is this incident or a future one. The Chiefs were well aware of this when they drafted him.  A quest for a Lombardi should not blind anyone to reality.

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Wishful thinking.  In the first episode, Tyreek tried to kill the baby in utero by punching his girlfriend in the stomach and trying to strangle her.   This is a little more serious than "neglect." 

Again, statistics show that a domestic abuser repeats at some point 90% of the time.  I don't believe that anyone should get their hopes up over the long term, whether it is this incident or a future one. The Chiefs were well aware of this when they drafted him.  A quest for a Lombardi should not blind anyone to reality.

Must be nice to be an INSIDER?   Your Absolute Attitude/Take is.........😂 Laughable.