Hill Investigated for Battery. Oh no.

2 minutes ago, Balto said:

Should be some very nice WR talent at our pick in the 1st.

It takes a rookie 2 to 3 years to learn the complexity of Reid's scheme. I would rather use our cap space next year if we Hill does leave, for a proven WR in the FA market. Then use the pick for other needs/bpa.

45 minutes ago, Balto said:

Should be some very nice WR talent at our pick in the 1st.

When you are building an offense-oriented team with a franchise QB, you can never have enough good receivers. Too few targets, Mahomes has to hold onto the ball longer, gets hurt sacked and hurt, season over.  I agree with you.

1 hour ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Without knowing what happened, how often things might be happening, I think this is a dramatic response.

Hill was giving a second chance and so far as we know has made good on that second chance. So shouldn't Hill allow his girl the same chance? Shouldn't the kid have every opportunity to be with his biological parents and all be provided the support to succeed as a family?

We don't know the facts just like you said...

I think you misunderstood my point.   If you are a man and your spouse it abusing your child (repeatedly), then it’s your responsibility to protect your child.   Allowing your child to be repeatedly abused is unacceptable.   I’m not saying this is the case and I hope it’s not, just generally speaking you have a responsibility to your child.  I probably didn’t make myself clear enough.

I'm with you, better to wait for all the facts to come out.

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

I think you misunderstood my point.   If you are a man and your spouse it abusing your child (repeatedly), then it’s your responsibility to protect your child.   Allowing your child to be repeatedly abused is unacceptable.   I’m not saying this is the case and I hope it’s not, just generally speaking you have a responsibility to your child.  I probably didn’t make myself clear enough.

I'm with you, better to wait for all the facts to come out.

Sometimes the wrong two people together just bring out the worst in each other. Sounds like even Tyreeks employer was savvy enough to this situation to believe that.  Tyreek hasn’t had any other issues other than when he’s with her. I’d hope they could both see that and act accordingly no matter which one is specifically to blame. I think it’s her but who knows. Sometimes kids just get caught in the crossfire.  

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Sometimes the wrong two people together just bring out the worst in each other. Sounds like even Tyreeks employer was savvy enough to this situation to believe that.  Tyreek hasn’t had any other issues other than when he’s with her. I’d hope they could both see that and act accordingly no matter which one is specifically to blame. I think it’s her but who knows. Sometimes kids just get caught in the crossfire.  

I heard the Chiefs may ask Hill to split up with his girlfriend if he wants to remain a Chief.

5 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

When you are building an offense-oriented team with a franchise QB, you can never have enough good receivers. Too few targets, Mahomes has to hold onto the ball longer, gets hurt sacked and hurt, season over.  I agree with you.

Hey, Mr. Sunshine.  Mahomes will have another TE and a couple of guys left over from last season such as Pringle so if they go WR in the first, he'd better be special. 

11 hours ago, NChiefsCorner said:

I heard the Chiefs may ask Hill to split up with his girlfriend if he wants to remain a Chief.

I don't believe that for a second. Andy Reid is known as a family man, players coach, good guy with a balanced head. He might point out that the relationship is toxic and make suggestions, but no way is going to make this about football. I can't see the staff doing this either since the mindset in Chiefs Kingdom is very similar. 

16 hours ago, NChiefsCorner said:

First of all, they are engaged to be married. Secondly, she is pregnant with twins. Third, she is the mother of his child. This isnt some chick he met at the club and has been smashin for a few weeks. This is the person he has decided to spend his life with.

There is no way the Chiefs have asked him to split up his family when they have a 3 year old and are months away from 2 newborns.

They need counseling. They need anger management. They need to live sober lives. They need to be better. The answer is not to create a broken family.

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

Hey, Mr. Sunshine.  Mahomes will have another TE and a couple of guys left over from last season such as Pringle so if they go WR in the first, he'd better be special. 

True. 

Signed,

The Prince of Darkness :lol:

3 hours ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

I don't believe that for a second. Andy Reid is known as a family man, players coach, good guy with a balanced head. He might point out that the relationship is toxic and make suggestions, but no way is going to make this about football. I can't see the staff doing this either since the mindset in Chiefs Kingdom is very similar. 

I don't believe that a coach or an employer should be making recommendations about a player's relationships and whether or not they should dump somebody.  That's not exactly appropriate, even if it's good advice.

16 hours ago, NChiefsCorner said:

I feel the same way about that as I do about the league or club trying to get involved in family court. It’s none of the Chiefs or NFLs business as long as criminal action isn’t involved.  This entire thing at this point is between Tyreek, his fiance and family court and should stay there.  

Obviously however because this league has to sell tickets, there’s a tipping point where egregious behavior in general becomes worthy of action.  If no other condemning facts emerge in this particular case we aren’t there.  

But that said my point would be it’s an ongoing concern and no doubt I’m sure the Chiefs prefer that engagement to end because it’s clearly toxic. Even there though these two are permanently bonded by kids even if they don’t necessarily belong together. 

That said the Chiefs don’t need to be trying to interfere with ultimatums other than don’t embarrass us.  As Andy said last week about this situation “I’m a football coach.”   Seems simple but speaks volumes. 

8 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I feel the same way about that as I do about the league or club trying to get involved in family court. It’s none of the Chiefs or NFLs business as long as criminal action isn’t involved.  This entire thing at this point is between Tyreek, his fiance and family court and should stay there.  

Obviously however because this league has to sell tickets, there’s a tipping point where egregious behavior in general becomes worthy of action.  If no other condemning facts emerge in this particular case we aren’t there.  

But that said my point would be it’s an ongoing concern and no doubt I’m sure the Chiefs prefer that engagement to end because it’s clearly toxic. Even there though these two are permanently bonded by kids even if they don’t necessarily belong together. 

That said the Chiefs don’t need to be trying to interfere with ultimatums other than don’t embarrass us.  As Andy said last week about this situation “I’m a football coach.”   Seems simple but speaks volumes. 

Not only that, but the absurdity of his post is obvious from a practical contractual standpoint.  Any team that tried to put that kind of interference in a player's  personal life into a contract would simply guarantee that the player would not sign it.  The unsigned player would then have the pick of 31 other teams who would sign him in a heartbeat.  It just indicates a complete lack of coherent thought to make a post like that.

26 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The NFL doesn't need a legal prosecution to hand down punishment.  If there's suspected activity that's a detriment to the league, that's enough. 

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

The NFL doesn't need a legal prosecution to hand down punishment.  If there's suspected activity that's a detriment to the league, that's enough. 

If they are privy to incriminating facts the CBAs Personal Conduct Code specifically Article 46, clearly allows Goodell great leeway in dishing out penalties whether criminal charges are filed or not. The players tried to negotiate this out of the last CBA but caved   It’ll be a battle again because of Goodells abuse of it that was never a problem under Talieabue  

But in this case it sure appears like the league has been stonewalled because the Freedom of Information Act doesn’t apply to Family Court.  And if that’s the case he’s gonna have to overstep his powers again handing out an arbitrary penalty on circumstantial information.  The league has been taken to Federal Court and lost over such actions so he may indeed try but it could be tenuous. All depends on what they actually know and what Tyreek actually did.  If you know the answer to either question you are way ahead of anyone else in the media or otherwise.  

Is there any precedent for this type of situation?  

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Not only that, but the absurdity of his post is obvious from a practical contractual standpoint.  Any team that tried to put that kind of interference in a player's  personal life into a contract would simply guarantee that the player would not sign it.  The unsigned player would then have the pick of 31 other teams who would sign him in a heartbeat.  It just indicates a complete lack of coherent thought to make a post like that.

When he signed a contract, he is the property of the Chiefs, so everything he does from that point on will reflect on the team, so if the Chiefs can't ask him to pick another partner to marry, they will have no choice but to trade or release him.

1 hour ago, NChiefsCorner said:

When he signed a contract, he is the property of the Chiefs, so everything he does from that point on will reflect on the team, so if the Chiefs can't ask him to pick another partner to marry, they will have no choice but to trade or release him.

Wtf???