Hill Investigated for Battery. Oh no.

On 4/20/2019 at 2:50 PM, Mloe68 said:

Sometimes the wrong two people together just bring out the worst in each other. Sounds like even Tyreeks employer was savvy enough to this situation to believe that.  Tyreek hasn’t had any other issues other than when he’s with her. I’d hope they could both see that and act accordingly no matter which one is specifically to blame. I think it’s her but who knows. Sometimes kids just get caught in the crossfire.  

After reading this a second time, something occurred to me.  Punching a girlfried in the stomach to kill her baby, then strangling her, to me means that she certainly brings out the worst in him.  Its just a compatibility problem :lol:

5 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I don't believe that a coach or an employer should be making recommendations about a player's relationships and whether or not they should dump somebody.  That's not exactly appropriate, even if it's good advice.

True, but Reid seems like the type of person who tries to at least relate.

5 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

After reading this a second time, something occurred to me.  Punching a girlfried in the stomach to kill her baby, then strangling her, to me means that she certainly brings out the worst in him.  Its just a compatibility problem :lol:

Toxic relationships have ended with far worse. 

40 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

And...........we don’t need another Jovan Belcher situation.  Jesus dude...

He had post traumatic encephalopathy from multiple concussions.  He had a physically damaged, shrunken brain. He had no history of domestic abuse before he became brain-damaged from concussions.  PTE has nothing whatever to do with toxic relationships.  Anyway, I didn't understand your point.  That's whyI said "and....?"  Now that you have explained it, it now makes perfect nonsense. :lol:

6 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He had post traumatic encephalopathy from multiple concussions.  He had a physically damaged, shrunken brain. He had no history of domestic abuse before he became brain-damaged from concussions.  PTE has nothing whatever to do with toxic relationships.  Anyway, I didn't understand your point.  That's whyI said "and....?"  Now that you have explained it, it now makes perfect nonsense. :lol:

Not sure if you’re making this up as you go along  

https://www.pressherald.com/2012/12/03/jovan-belcher-cut-hand-after-punching-window-while-at-maine/

On 4/19/2019 at 1:03 PM, reesebobby said:

Ray Lewis pled guilty to obstruction.  And was charged with murder initially.  Jamal Lewis also pled guilty to drug charges.

On 4/19/2019 at 1:06 PM, Adamixoye said:

Poor choice of words on my part, but your examples are bad as reesebobby pointed out.  Those dudes were legally guilty of something.  If Hill is not legally guilty of anything nor was the alleged primary perpetrator then there is not precedent for discipline.

Jamal Lewis = Friend A wanted some drugs, Friend B had them, Jamal made a phone call to set them up with each other. It was while he was in college and the wiretap was part of a bigger case, not centered on Jamal. He never dealt drugs- he made a phone call. The Judge at sentencing asked Jamal why he was taking such a bad plea deal because the Judge would have thrown out the case on lack of evidence.

On 4/19/2019 at 1:31 PM, BroncoStud said:

Ray was close enough to a double homicide that he felt compelled to destroy the blood-soaked white tux he was wearing, that was covered in forensic evidence.  A very "Hillary" thing to do for someone who didn't participate...

Ray broke up a fight, he admitted that- he served his time for Obstruction of Justice because he destroyed the suit and told others to keep their mouths shut.

The two men eventually charged and tried were found "Not Guilty".

41 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Jamal Lewis = Friend A wanted some drugs, Friend B had them, Jamal made a phone call to set them up with each other. It was while he was in college and the wiretap was part of a bigger case, not centered on Jamal. He never dealt drugs- he made a phone call. The Judge at sentencing asked Jamal why he was taking such a bad plea deal because the Judge would have thrown out the case on lack of evidence.

Ray broke up a fight, he admitted that- he served his time for Obstruction of Justice because he destroyed the suit and told others to keep their mouths shut.

Again, none of this is the point.  In both cases, these players were found guilty.  And a quick Google seems to indicate Jamal was suspended for two games while Ray was not suspended at all.  Regardless, both men where closely involved in the incidents one way or another.

The original question I asked, slightly rephrased to be more clear, was this:  is there precedent for Hill getting suspended if there is nothing to connect him to the abuse of the child other than that he is the child's father?

You haven't come close to providing one.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

And I'm sure their dog ate their homework and the sun was in their eyes.  But the fact remains that they both PLED GUILTY to a crime.  And one of them killed a dude.  So let's find a better example.  

8 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Belcher had severe PTE and committed suicide.  But yes, I see from that article that he had anger and DA problems even in college.  So, I stand corrected.

8 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Broke up a "fight"?   Is that what we're calling a double homicide nowdays?  Thanks AOC.

On 4/22/2019 at 9:41 AM, Adamixoye said:

Again, none of this is the point.  In both cases, these players were found guilty.  And a quick Google seems to indicate Jamal was suspended for two games while Ray was not suspended at all.  Regardless, both men where closely involved in the incidents one way or another.

The original question I asked, slightly rephrased to be more clear, was this:  is there precedent for Hill getting suspended if there is nothing to connect him to the abuse of the child other than that he is the child's father?

You haven't come close to providing one.

Again, Jamal Lewis made a phone call. He didn't deal drugs, drive the guy to the buy or handle the cash. He made a phone call.

Hill was present at two alleged incidences of child abuse at his house.

2 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Again, Jamal Lewis made a phone call. He didn't deal drugs, drive the guy to the buy or handle the cash. He made a phone call.

Hill was present at two alleged incidences of child abuse at his house.

What Lewis did was still a crime according to the letter of the law.

What you are saying about Hill is pure speculation as far as we know.