Hill Investigated for Battery. Oh no.

2 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Would that be Antonio Brown, lets see how he does with Derek Carr.

Yep.  A lot of AB’s success was atributed to Ben extending plays.  Not saying AB isn’t good, but Carr ain’t Big Ben.

Just now, Calichief said:

Some you guys know the rest of us don’t? I’ve seen nothing linking him. 

He was charged with choking his girlfriend before he was drafted by the Chiefs, that is why he fell in the draft, as far as this new allegation he is innocent until someone shows some proof that he did it.

10 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

There was a reason Hill fell below the 2nd round.

Even without his checkered past he probably still goes later than the second round. He came into the NFL with very little experience as a WR as was probably seen as more of Dexter McCluster jack of all trades (man did we overdraft him though). But the lost thing here is that Tyreek has GREAT hands and was a natural for the position. Literally reminds me of a cross between Steve Smith and DeShaun Jackson. An absolute bulldog who's tough as nails and is as quick as he is fast. As his route running develops he will be almost uncoverable. Young, durable, tough, already elite and ascending. He's worth the money if anyone is as a player alone. 

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Soren Petro is saying the Chiefs signed Watkins in part because they felt Tyreeks girlfriend  was potential trouble. And he had apparently just gotten engaged which escalated their concern. Interesting anyway. 

he has said that since day one..  but more that it was a  relationship that had trouble  wrapped all around it.. I like consistency

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

he has said that since day one..  but more that it was a  relationship that had trouble  wrapped all around it.. I like consistency

Actually good to hear then that Veach was smart enough to cover his bases. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

If the allegations are true does he go straight to jail?

No, not necessarily. There are numerous diversion programs he would most likely be offered...anger managment counseling, parenting classes and probation.   But it is alleged that his fiance did it, not him...

3 hours ago, Joe_Chief said:

No, not necessarily. There are numerous diversion programs he would most likely be offered...anger managment counseling, parenting classes and probation.   But it is alleged that his fiance did it, not him...

What’s his culpability in this if she is the one who did this? Or heck they could determine this was an accident couldn’t they?   I’m assuming one parent can’t really fully absolve the other but he’s not even named at all in the second report.  I’m confused as to where this is. 

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

What’s his culpability in this if she is the one who did this? Or heck they could determine this was an accident couldn’t they?   I’m assuming one parent can’t really fully absolve the other but he’s not even named at all in the second report.  I’m confused as to where this is. 

I'm wondering the same thing, is he absolved if she's the one committing the act or is there something regarding the parents as a duo? Also does this turn into an assault charge since breaking an arm is quite brutal but definitely not the intention of neither the mother nor the father. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

I'm wondering the same thing, is he absolved if she's the one committing the act or is there something regarding the parents as a duo? Also does this turn into an assault charge since breaking an arm is quite brutal but definitely not the intention of neither the mother nor the father. 

Obviously, this is not apples to apples, but I read about a case where somebody tried to kill person A and hits Person B instead. Person B died and the defense tried to argue that there was no intent to kill person B. (Still a crime, but lesser.) But the intent to kill Person A transfers.

This is not relevant to this case, but if the intention was to hurt the boy and the boy breaks his arm, the intention extends? I mean there is no charge to say that somebody intends to break the arm, but rather something general like bodily harm. Or the sentencing or whatever can be harsher. “I meant to hurt him but not that much” when the actual hurting results in “that much“ may not be sufficient. I think they will focus on parental rights to discipline a child and claim that it was an accident beyond that.

11 hours ago, sith13 said:

If the allegations are true does he go straight to jail?

I think if the allegations were true, he would've already been arrested and jailed.  

I mean, I can't imagine if I broke my kid's arm in anger, disciplining him or not and my wife called the cops, that I wouldn't be arrested right on the spot.

If you take a kid of this age to the hospital for a broken bone these days you're likely going to be investigated to make sure it wasn't child abuse.

Hopefully this was just an accident and Hill and his fiancee are just a part of due diligence and this all goes away.

17 hours ago, NChiefsCorner said:

He was charged with choking his girlfriend before he was drafted by the Chiefs, that is why he fell in the draft, as far as this new allegation he is innocent until someone shows some proof that he did it.

The problem is and what the media is feasting on, is because of his past he can't be given the benefit of the doubt.

1 hour ago, KCSLC2008 said:

Obviously, this is not apples to apples, but I read about a case where somebody tried to kill person A and hits Person B instead. Person B died and the defense tried to argue that there was no intent to kill person B. (Still a crime, but lesser.) But the intent to kill Person A transfers.

This is not relevant to this case, but if the intention was to hurt the boy and the boy breaks his arm, the intention extends? I mean there is no charge to say that somebody intends to break the arm, but rather something general like bodily harm. Or the sentencing or whatever can be harsher. “I meant to hurt him but not that much” when the actual hurting results in “that much“ may not be sufficient. I think they will focus on parental rights to discipline a child and claim that it was an accident beyond that.

To me intent isn’t even a question here.  Of course whatever happened was an unintentional accident but circumstances behind it seem crucial to whether it was negligently excessive. A broken bone alone without knowing exactly how it happened isn’t worthy of any charges  But is worthy of investigation  

I know one thing for sure. If any kid in any situation shows up at the hospital with a broken bone or bruises, those parents are going to meet child services people. What I don’t understand is why it didn’t end there? I talked to a Dad on Friday who went through this and after they met with him it was over. No police involvement at all.  This is the part of this deal that’s concerning. 

Flame wars on message boards about the details is enjoyable.  Every chiefs board has them.  Everyone proclaiming expertise.

We will know more this week.    

The KC star is already running articles to release Benny Hill.

Doesn't matter.  He was a nice little quick player but he's another head case just like Hunt.

1 hour ago, Chiefswinitall said:

Flame wars on message boards about the details is enjoyable.  Every chiefs board has them.  Everyone proclaiming expertise.

We will know more this week.    

The KC star is already running articles to release Benny Hill.

Doesn't matter.  He was a nice little quick player but he's another head case just like Hunt.

Benny Hill? Lol I know a typo but if you never heard of him, Google search that name. The image in my head alone made me laugh

On 3/15/2019 at 4:12 PM, reesebobby said:

Unbelievable. 

Domestic abuse is almost never cured.  It inevitably happens again.  This is just a well-known fact.  The Chiefs knew this when they took him. We should have signed Antonio Brown.  We'll need a new guy who can stretch the field. I don't think this investigation is going to go anywhere good.  The league has made it clear.  If he is charged, he is gone.  Simple as that.

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Correct me if i am wrong but the one case in 5 march is closed. The 2nd one where the son had his arm broken,  Hill is hit even named in it? So where will he get charged at?

??

As far as I know, the case that is closed is the one from when he was still in college.  The recent thing, Hill has not been charged, but it is being investigated.  He could be charged at any time depending on the investigation.  Next week?  Two months?   The Chiefs had better have a backup plan. Hopefully, its nothing, but like I said, a domestic abuser almost always repeats.  It is just the psychology of it. It isn't really a moral issue or something that can be unlearned.  It is a pure emotional reaction, something that is purely reactive. 

Fortunately, Mahomes can make any receiver better, but there is still the problem of speed stretching the field.  Mahomes needs that to get more separation for everyone else. It could sure change the drafting strategy. The Chiefs have always known that and knew the risk they were taking.

4 hours ago, dksww said:

I think if the allegations were true, he would've already been arrested and jailed.  

I mean, I can't imagine if I broke my kid's arm in anger, disciplining him or not and my wife called the cops, that I wouldn't be arrested right on the spot.

If you take a kid of this age to the hospital for a broken bone these days you're likely going to be investigated to make sure it wasn't child abuse.

Hopefully this was just an accident and Hill and his fiancee are just a part of due diligence and this all goes away.

That would be nice.  But we still had better draft a speed receiver.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

??

As far as I know, the case that is closed is the one from when he was still in college.  The recent thing, Hill has not been charged, but it is being investigated.  He could be charged at any time depending on the investigation.  Next week?  Two months?   The Chiefs had better have a backup plan. Hopefully, its nothing, but like I said, a domestic abuser almost always repeats.  It is just the psychology of it. It isn't really a moral issue or something that can be unlearned.  It is a pure emotional reaction, something that is purely reactive. 

Fortunately, Mahomes can make any receiver better, but there is still the problem of speed stretching the field.  Mahomes needs that to get more separation for everyone else. It could sure change the drafting strategy. The Chiefs have always known that and knew the risk they were taking.

The case that was closed is from March 5th.  Read the quoted tweets in this thread and you will see that.  The open one is from March 14th, and Hill is not named. Just his fiance.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

??

Huh?  The case from 7 years ago has nothing to do with him not being on March 15th report.  Not at all sure how you brought those two together?