Dennard coming to visit KC

The numbers aren’t everything, but thought this was interesting take... fuller had above 90 grade as outside cb last year.. den and was a few points behind fuller out of the slot, but no where near the stud fuller was on the outside this year... also remember there will be plenty of sets with 2+ slot guys that need covered. I need to rewatch some tape, because although he looked good I didn’t remember seeing fuller look top notch on the outside.

E095969B-B186-4E1F-89B6-EB73074C414D.png

Free Agent CB Darqueze Dennard

-24th overall pick in 2014

-2017 Season: 900 snaps, 77.4 overall, 79.9 run D, 83.6 tackling, 75.4 coverage

-2018 Season: 675 snaps, 68.2 overall, 90.2 run D, 82.4 tackling, 60.7 coverage

-Top 15 CB in tackling efficiency 2016 & 2018, 21st in 2017

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Looks good against the run. Sure tackler.

not so good against the pass

Reports sayings we tried to get BOTH Badger and Earl Thomas...Maybe the think Dennard will make a better safety, with his skills, than CB?

31 minutes ago, Balto said:

Reports sayings we tried to get BOTH Badger and Earl Thomas...Maybe the think Dennard will make a better safety, with his skills, than CB?

Im thinking judging by those stats that he just provided, that theyd want Dennard in the slot and Fuller on the outside. The problem is, everything Ive read out of Cincinnati alludes to the fact that Dennard wants to play outside and be paid accordingly.

Regardless a group of Ward, Fuller, Dennard, and a 1st or second rounder is a solid place to start.

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Im thinking judging by those stats that he just provided, that theyd want Dennard in the slot and Fuller on the outside. The problem is, everything Ive read out of Cincinnati alludes to the fact that Dennard wants to play outside and be paid accordingly.

Regardless a group of Ward, Fuller, Dennard, and a 1st or second rounder is a solid place to start.

Well he is still available so what he wants to be paid like and what he gets are 2 different things. He is seeing the market and it is saying slot!

11 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

If he wants to be paid like an outside CB he needs to play and prove himself in the position so he should be looking for a prove-it deal before asking for the pay day. 

41 minutes ago, sith13 said:

If he wants to be paid like an outside CB he needs to play and prove himself in the position so he should be looking for a prove-it deal before asking for the pay day. 

I agree. Just telling you what Ive read. Im eager to see if he settles for a 1 yr prove it deal. I think he is misguaging his own market.

9 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

LOL..I remember that name and he defintely had his own quirky deal too. Can't remember what it was though. 

If I remember correctly there was some talk about voyager having another account, don't remember if it was ratherrapid though.

2 hours ago, dksww said:

After the Hill news on Friday, I haven't looked at Twitter at all, any updates on his visit? 

I also fear that free agents are going to be leery about signing with us right now because of the backlash they might receive.   

20 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

I also fear that free agents are going to be leery about signing with us right now because of the backlash they might receive.   

Lol, they are here to get money and win. If it does not involve them they are not worried about as they are new to the team

On 3/15/2019 at 5:53 PM, VIChiefsFan said:

Probably Voyager.  He would just come in, post some mock draft and leave. He would never respond to any comments.

It was definitely Voyager!

VI:  I just started watching Taboo with Tom Hardy.  You don't live close to Nootka Sound do you?  Hope you are doing well in BC and representing the Chiefs well amongst all of those Hawks fans (my 2nd favorite team).

1 minute ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

It was definitely Voyager!

VI:  I just started watching Taboo with Tom Hardy.  You don't live close to Nootka Sound do you?  Hope you are doing well in BC and representing the Chiefs well amongst all of those Hawks fans (my 2nd favorite team).

I haven't heard of that show, maybe I will have to give it a shot.  Nootka sound is on the other side of the Island and up north.  I haven't been there but I heard it is really beautiful.

17 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

I haven't heard of that show, maybe I will have to give it a shot.  Nootka sound is on the other side of the Island and up north.  I haven't been there but I heard it is really beautiful.

Dude, VI .... it's badass. 

Tom Hardy (the dude who was Baine in Batman) plays an Englishman who it appears has turned over to voodoo in the early 1800s.  He inherits Nootka Sound from his father and is battling the East India Trading Company (the original evil corporation if there ever was one). 

I've sailed the San Juan Islands, most of Peugot Sound, and the Eastern portion of Vancouver Island.  I was trying to figure out last night if I'd been through Nootka Sound before.

Archived