Anyone find it odd that there is not even a mention of Tyreek

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

40 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

It has been awfully quiet. I’m hoping that’s a sign of “no there, there” and early reports were incorrect/blown out of proportion. Time will tell. 

Me too, I'm really hoping this is nothing.  I hope that kid was never hurt as well.

The more I think about this in my mind anyway I would be trying to establish some pattern of abuse. Seems like it would be very hard to establish charges against someone in a one time incident where the only witnesses are the people directly involved. Unless the kid said something like Daddy chased me around the house hitting me with a belt like he always does. Which seems very unlikely. 

Is it compelling that apparently someone told the truth that a punishment was involved? To me possibly because it would have been far more cliche and hard to disprove if the story was he fell.  

We just don’t know what’s going on here really. 

22 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Is it compelling that apparently someone told the truth that a punishment was involved? To me possibly because it would have been far more cliche and hard to disprove if the story was he fell.  

We just don’t know what’s going on here really. 

The fact that it's still going on after 4 days makes me think that it's probably the child services expecting some clarification since it's a broken arm and possibly wanting to make sure the information is as accurate as possible. I don't know how long these things take but just a police investigation after a hospital notice shouldn't usually take this long. Could also be some negative neighbor testimony and such but I'm guessing we would hear more about that in such an environment. 

7 minutes ago, sith13 said:

The fact that it's still going on after 4 days makes me think that it's probably the child services expecting some clarification since it's a broken arm and possibly wanting to make sure the information is as accurate as possible. I don't know how long these things take but just a police investigation after a hospital notice shouldn't usually take this long. Could also be some negative neighbor testimony and such but I'm guessing we would hear more about that in such an environment. 

I'm all for Child Services being as diligent as possible to protect kids. That is truly what is most important here. For the media its mostly about exploiting the moment for ratings or readers which causes people to take sides before they even know any of the facts. Heck Kevin Keitzman on Sportsradio 810 was adamant we needed to release Tyreek immediately citing private sources. This does concern me, but then again he's been known to sensationalize things and be agenda ridden. 

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

I'm all for Child Services being as diligent as possible to protect kids. That is truly what is most important here. For the media its mostly about exploiting the moment for ratings or readers which causes people to take sides before they even know any of the facts. Heck Kevin Keitzman on Sportsradio 810 was adamant we needed to release Tyreek immediately citing private sources. This does concern me, but then again he's been known to sensationalize things and be agenda ridden. 

Chiefs releasing Hill would be awesome for the media. If there's a good reason to do so that just sparks a whole new debate and they will write more about his next signing and if there's no reason to cut him that's even better as that makes a good environment for a WR drama within the NFL. 

39 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

he's a moralistic zit with ears.  to me he worth nothing but a good throat punch

21 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

he's a moralistic zit with ears.  to me he worth nothing but a good throat punch

I do not disagree with you at all. But he is one of the guys in this town who does have some legit sources. Whether this is one of those or not is VERY debatable despite what he says. I mean why would he have a connection at child services or in the police department?  He was pretty adamant about Tyreeks culpability through his source he "didn't want to reveal" on Friday. I hope he is FOS!

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Would child services work over the weekend on this? 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

I heard this as well from Friday, he said he had a source within the Chiefs and that they knew what happened:  Stated that T. Hill was disciplining his kid and was holding him by the arm and caused it to break. 

IF this is is true and if the Chiefs already knew of this, I'm surprised they haven't cut him or are just waiting for him to be arrested to do so.

I just can't imagine that if that were the case he wouldn't already be behind bars.  Especially if was in a rage of anger or something malicious.

14 minutes ago, dksww said:

I heard this as well from Friday, he said he had a source within the Chiefs and that they knew what happened:  Stated that T. Hill was disciplining his kid and was holding him by the arm and caused it to break. 

IF this is is true and if the Chiefs already knew of this, I'm surprised they haven't cut him or are just waiting for him to be arrested to do so.

I just can't imagine that if that were the case he wouldn't already be behind bars.  Especially if was in a rage of anger or something malicious.

That’s the term Keitzman used. Rage. How he knows this is what I don’t get. And why nobody else is reporting this at all. 

2 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Kids do crazy thing when they think you are going to to spank them.  Very possible he had a hold of him, kid jerked arm, and it broke.  Either way, I just hope it turns out to be nothing, and we can move on.

Just like the "He didn't kick THAT hard" defense....

JFC, the kid is 3, not 13

Starting to feel like a reality TV Show vs a discussion. Seems like KC new about this for awhile. Their offseason moves dont indicate they are looking at top receivers so lets hope they know it is a minor issue. Players like Hill dont come along often. 

10 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Just like the "He didn't kick THAT hard" defense....

JFC, the kid is 3, not 13

I didn't SAY that was what happened, I was just saying it was a possibility.  I've grabbed my daughters arm before when she was throwing a fit to get her attention(no I don't spank her).  She's twisted away from me in awkward ways, so i can see how it could happen.  I've defended you a lot on this board, but you are really starting to get on my last nerve!

3 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

I didn't SAY that was what happened, I was just saying it was a possibility.  I've grabbed my daughters arm before when she was throwing a fit to get her attention(no I don't spank her).  She's twisted away from me in awkward ways, so i can see how it could happen.  I've defended you a lot on this board, but you are really starting to get on my last nerve!

As with Hunt, you are trying to defend the indefensible. Sorry, bro

11 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Starting to feel like a reality TV Show vs a discussion. Seems like KC new about this for awhile. Their offseason moves dont indicate they are looking at top receivers so lets hope they know it is a minor issue. Players like Hill dont come along often. 

Reports show KC tried for Brown before he went to the Raiders. 

Also I've said it already BUT people keep saying Veach/Chiefs don't take on/keep problem players like trading Peters or cutting Hunt.  Well if you look at how it went down it seems to me that it had nothing to do with what the player did but 100% how they player acted after the fact.

Peters....Everything he did was soooo public(flag throw, nation anthem, attitude on camera and reports of only wanting to play on West coast)

Hunt....Seems to me he was cut because he lied NOT because of what he actually did.  Big difference IMO

Seems everything we hear is that KC knows more than anyone about what happened with Hill and his kid/fiancé.  I'm thinking Hill is probably being open and honest with front office and that alone is why he hasn't been cut and won't be cut.

KC Star is saying there are two seperate incidents and the second one includes battery. The second one does not include Tyreek, but I'm assuming its the first one where the arm was broken. Again these things tend to play out in a pattern if there is truly some abuse. So maybe thats what they are trying to establish. It looks like the police investigated and put their report in the hands of the Johnson County prosecutor. And that's where we stand. If they choose not to go forward with this, it probably ends right there even from the NFLs standpoint. But this is very high profile and anyone that lives in this county knows they won't let anything slide because you are an athlete. Just ask Danny Duffy. 

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

KC Star is saying there are two seperate incidents and the second one includes battery. The second one does not include Tyreek, but I'm assuming its the first one where the arm was broken. Again these things tend to play out in a pattern if there is truly some abuse. So maybe thats what they are trying to establish. It looks like the police investigated and put their report in the hands of the Johnson County prosecutor. And that's where we stand. If they choose not to go forward with this, it probably ends right there even from the NFLs standpoint. But this is very high profile and anyone that lives in this county knows they won't let anything slide because you are an athlete. Just ask Danny Duffy. 

The update I saw today states that only the first page of those reports we saw are open to the public and doesn't necessarily mean that someone else's name could be listed on the report in other pages.

Says there are 2 separate investigations still open.  I'm guessing the one from the 5th got re-opened, which the new KC Star report said is possible via their conversation with authorities today.

Archived