Anyone find it odd that there is not even a mention of Tyreek

1 hour ago, dksww said:

In my opinion, unless Hill is charged and prosecuted with a crime they should hold onto him and ride out any possible suspension just for being named in a report.

We can't afford to keep losing star players for nothing in return.  Looking back at the K. Hunt situation, I'm now critical that the Chiefs were too reactive and should've just rode it out since he was never arrested and charged with a crime.  Now, the Browns get a 23 year old stud RB for nothing, basically. 

I get the Chiefs want to maintain an image of wholesomeness and cleanliness, but honestly, this is football and I personally don't care unless they've been convicted of a crime.

Interesting point- I was streaming 810 on my phone this am driving to work and the 2 guys were basically saying the same thing.

1- why should the Chiefs be punished (ala Hunt) for losing his services because of his off field behavior but being able to sign with another team 7 months later vs Josh Gordon being suspended and unavailable to anyone because of PEDs?

2- Are they a football player vs model citizen: people in all jobs have good people vs crappy people but the spotlight is on you as an athlete and you should be mindful of your behavior because it can cost you money.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Camperchief said:

Well he seems like a very sensitive man.  I would hate to make any man cry for any reason😎

Here's a question for you, WHY was it OK for her to just punch him in the face???  No one is seeing both sides of the argument.  As a man, yes, he should of just walked away.  These are MEN.  You don't get to the top level of a very violent game by just TAKING it.  Add alcohol in the mix, and people do not think straight.  Would of I attacked her, HELL NO.  Can I actually see how a MAN, that plays a VIOLENT game for a living react in that manner.  YUP.  I am not DEFENDING, nor EXCUSING his behavior.  I am stating I can see why he did it.  In Tyreeks case, again this is all JUST SPECULATION, because no one knows, but I can also see if your child is about to be disciplined, and they are running away or squirming,  how trying to catch them can cause an injury.  Again, if this was deliberate, by all means throw the f'n book at him, but I'll wait to see how the investigation pans out before I quit giving him the innocent until proven guilty treatment.  I will not apologize for that!!!!!!

Quoted wrong person, sorry Camper

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Interesting point- I was streaming 810 on my phone this am driving to work and the 2 guys were basically saying the same thing.

1- why should the Chiefs be punished (ala Hunt) for losing his services because of his off field behavior but being able to sign with another team 7 months later vs Josh Gordon being suspended and unavailable to anyone because of PEDs?

2- Are they a football player vs model citizen: people in all jobs have good people vs crappy people but the spotlight is on you as an athlete and you should be mindful of your behavior because it can cost you money.

They are asking the wrong questions.  Like family, do not lie when you're in a bad spot.

Kareem lied, put the Chiefs in a bad spot and they decided to make an example out of him.

3 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

You guys are making this too easy on ol' hands

Yes, they make it easy....

1 hour ago, Camperchief said:

Well he seems like a very sensitive man.  I would hate to make any man cry for any reason😎

Sensitive? Maybe, I have 3 daughters and a son. a babysitter once abused my son when he was 4 years old. Young man spanked my son when I do not believe in spanking. If the kid (17yrs old) wasn't my ex-wifes cousin, I would have called the police.

Joke all you want until it affects you.

57 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Here's a question for you, WHY was it OK for her to just punch him in the face???  No one is seeing both sides of the argument.  As a man, yes, he should of just walked away.  These are MEN.  You don't get to the top level of a very violent game by just TAKING it.  Add alcohol in the mix, and people do not think straight.  Would of I attacked her, HELL NO.  Can I actually see how a MAN, that plays a VIOLENT game for a living react in that manner.  YUP.  I am not DEFENDING, nor EXCUSING his behavior.  I am stating I can see why he did it.  In Tyreeks case, again this is all JUST SPECULATION, because no one knows, but I can also see if your child is about to be disciplined, and they are running away or squirming,  how trying to catch them can cause an injury.  Again, if this was deliberate, by all means throw the f'n book at him, but I'll wait to see how the investigation pans out before I quit giving him the innocent until proven guilty treatment.  I will not apologize for that!!!!!!

Quoted wrong person, sorry Camper

Never ok- we have been down that road. You are re-arguing the Hunt case and defending, excusing, reasoning his response of violence towards a femal. Always liked you SPFD, still do but i think you are wrong here and hypocrisy is glaring.

So by your reasoning, it is perfectly reasonable for a man who served in combat kick his wife, gf, etc. because it was "with violent intent. It was a get out of here " kick and for another to, allegedly, break his kids arm while spanking him but he didn't mean to?

Umm, no.

2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

They are asking the wrong questions.  Like family, do not lie when you're in a bad spot.

Kareem lied, put the Chiefs in a bad spot and they decided to make an example out of him.

Oh, I 100% agree with you. The lie is what got him released. Just like Ray Rice, until the video came out, everything was fine.

But Hunt getting the 2nd chance with the Browns is not fair to the Chiefs- the running game definitely suffered after he was let go. Now the Browns get the 2017 NFL rushing leader for an 8 game suspension and a cheap contract. That's what they were complaining about and I agree with them.

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Yes, they make it easy....

Sensitive? Maybe, I have 3 daughters and a son. a babysitter once abused my son when he was 4 years old. Young man spanked my son when I do not believe in spanking. If the kid (17yrs old) wasn't my ex-wifes cousin, I would have called the police.

Joke all you want until it affects you.

Never ok- we have been down that road. You are re-arguing the Hunt case and defending, excusing, reasoning his response of violence towards a femal. Always liked you SPFD, still do but i think you are wrong here and hypocrisy is glaring.

So by your reasoning, it is perfectly reasonable for a man who served in combat kick his wife, gf, etc. because it was "with violent intent. It was a get out of here " kick and for another to, allegedly, break his kids arm while spanking him but he didn't mean to?

Umm, no.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't YOU the one that brought up Hunt? Yeah, we've been down that road too many times.  But  YOU are the one that made the turn down it. We know what happened with Hunt, nobody but the people involved know what happened with the Hill situation.

Hunt was a drunk with an anger management problem. Who gives a shit, he's gone.

Why are you guys indulging in this?   If it turns out he did it,  he's gone.   Simple as that.   There is no excuse.   There are no extenuating circumstances.  There is no spin.  He is done with the Chiefs or we won't be a credible NFL football team anymore.   So far he is in legal limbo.    I will be as delighted as anyone if the prosecutor turns this down.   But we all knew this was a possibility when we took him in the 3rd round.   Don't think that personal performance off the field doesn't matter.   When you sign your employment contract it is in the contract in bold face.  

We shouldn't rush to judgment before the investigation is over and the prosecutor has a chance to review.   But to come in here and try to make pitiful excuses because the guy has been a great receiver for the Chiefs is to betray all of our values.  Whether he is charged or not,  think of how much money this cost him.

36 minutes ago, wilkie said:

Why are you guys indulging in this?   If it turns out he did it,  he's gone.   Simple as that.   There is no excuse.   There are no extenuating circumstances.  There is no spin.  He is done with the Chiefs or we won't be a credible NFL football team anymore.   So far he is in legal limbo.    I will be as delighted as anyone if the prosecutor turns this down.   But we all knew this was a possibility when we took him in the 3rd round.   Don't think that personal performance off the field doesn't matter.   When you sign your employment contract it is in the contract in bold face.  

We shouldn't rush to judgment before the investigation is over and the prosecutor has a chance to review.   But to come in here and try to make pitiful excuses because the guy has been a great receiver for the Chiefs is to betray all of our values.  Whether he is charged or not,  think of how much money this cost him.

Agree. 

56 minutes ago, wilkie said:

5th round, Wilkie. 

1 hour ago, wilkie said:

I don't think anyone is making pitiful excuses for Hill, we are just saying it's entirely possible based on the information out there that this could end up not being a big deal.

6 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Yep. I think he’s still here had he just been honest and allowed the Chiefs to suspend him and plan a PR response.  But he left them zero option when he told them twice he never left that hotel room even as rumblings video was out there  

I’m wondering how they’ve approached this with Tyreek? This scenario is quite a bit different to me. Actual charges are going to have to be filed here. His fate is in the JOCO prosecutors hands. And again anyone who lives in this county knows money is the driving force behind most decisions. They won’t pursue a shaky case. If they file anything substantial. He’s very likely toast. 

3 hours ago, wilkie said:

Agree also. 

4 hours ago, wilkie said:

unlike mittens wants to pro claim, i am not condoning or supporting or defending.  i have simply been pointing out that it is not black and white as everyone seems to think.  Wilkie, you have been a lawyer a long time, and a lot of things i am sure in your career have been different than what you have initially thought.  I'm just pointing out things that couldve happened.  As of today, honestly, none of us know.  If he did this, bye bye, i will stand that  without thinking twice, I just truly believe in the innocent until proven guilty response.

20 hours ago, tges58 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't YOU the one that brought up Hunt? Yeah, we've been down that road too many times.  But  YOU are the one that made the turn down it. We know what happened with Hunt, nobody but the people involved know what happened with the Hill situation.

Hunt was a drunk with an anger management problem. Who gives a shit, he's gone.

14 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

It's ok to proclaim that people should wait and see the facts on this situation.  But goodness, lets not try to put the kick Kareem Hunt did on a sliding scale to diminish what he did.

That was my exact point about SPFD's post- it was defending/justify/excusing a behavior and then he went down that road again here in talking about how kid getting spanked "will do crazy things" therefore, its not that bad the 3yr old got his arm broken.

Shit, on Twitter, I saw many a Chiefs fans posting on a thread that BossKiller liked about how they got beat with belts/willow branch/HotWheels track/wooden spoons, etc and "I turned out okay so whats the big deal?"

JFC

I don't know that anyone needs to step into this thread and be "the Voice of Reason" regarding the Tyreek Hill situation. But it appears that is what some are trying to do. From what I have been able to read most fans agree that: 1. We should wait and see whether Hill is actually charged with anything before expressing what should be done 2. If Hill is charged he should be released immediately, and 3. Regardless of whether he is charged and found guilty he has hurt his bargaining status and probably has cost himself a lot of money either with the Chiefs or, in the case of being released, whichever team decides to sign him.

Am I missing anything?

On 3/19/2019 at 10:27 AM, Handswarmer said:

100% agree that the Chiefs are the ones who got hurt by the Hunt deal. They really had no choice but to cut him. They would have been crucified in the media had they held on and a lot of fans would have revolted as well. It was their only option. And yet Hunt gets signed by the Browns and after an 8 game suspension they get a rushing title champion and a special talented player on a cheaper deal than what the Chiefs would have doled out to extend him. And I haven't heard a whole lot of damning the Browns for having signed him. KC gets totally hosed and it could very well play out that way again with Hill. Other teams should not be able to benefit like this. But it is what it is.

7 hours ago, dhitter said:

100% agree that the Chiefs are the ones who got hurt by the Hunt deal. They really had no choice but to cut him. They would have been crucified in the media had they held on and a lot of fans would have revolted as well. It was their only option. And yet Hunt gets signed by the Browns and after an 8 game suspension they get a rushing title champion and a special talented player on a cheaper deal than what the Chiefs would have doled out to extend him. And I haven't heard a whole lot of damning the Browns for having signed him. KC gets totally hosed and it could very well play out that way again with Hill. Other teams should not be able to benefit like this. But it is what it is.

Yes, same as the Ravens were hurt by the Rice release. But no one else signed him so there wasn't any benefit that the Ravens were excluded from.

We still do not have a playmaker at running back. 5 years later.

Archived