Anyone find it odd that there is not even a mention of Tyreek

3 hours ago, dksww said:

Would child services work over the weekend on this? 

Child services supposedly workds 7 days a week on emergency situations but I really don't know how they operate. Obviously the child's well being is paramount so they might have just waited until the kid was relatively comfortable to start the whole investigation. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

As with Hunt, you are trying to defend the indefensible. Sorry, bro

I will not speak for Spfdchiefsfan, but my interpretation of what he's saying is that we don't know what happened - if anything really - and if a child was injured and the incident were investigated it's not necessarily a sign of guilt or intention.  I will never make apologies for anyone abusing kids.  Under no circumstances.  That said, when I was probably 4 or 5 years old my brother and I were horsing around with a good friend of the family (think fake WWE wrestling) and my brother flipped over the shoulder of our family friend, who caught him on the way to the ground and pulled his shoulder out of socket requiring a hospital visit.  Absolutely no malice, intention or neglect - just some boys horsing around.  That was many years ago, long before child services were as dialed in like they are today, but if that happens today you can bet your sweet bippy they'd be called and an investigation would occur.  

3 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

I will not speak for Spfdchiefsfan, but my interpretation of what he's saying is that we don't know what happened - if anything really - and if a child was injured and the incident were investigated it's not necessarily a sign of guilt or intention.  I will never make apologies for anyone abusing kids.  Under no circumstances.  That said, when I was probably 4 or 5 years old my brother and I were horsing around with a good friend of the family (think fake WWE wrestling) and my brother flipped over the shoulder of our family friend, who caught him on the way to the ground and pulled his shoulder out of socket requiring a hospital visit.  Absolutely no malice, intention or neglect - just some boys horsing around.  That was many years ago, long before child services were as dialed in like they are today, but if that happens today you can bet your sweet bippy they'd be called and an investigation would occur.  

I am referencing his defense of Hunt "Its not that hard of a kick"....along those lines.

Spanking is an abomination....and he has a history of Domestic violence, convicted for it....

46 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Do you know for a fact he did anything????  NO, BECAUSE no one does!!!!!!!!   I was just saying I could see how it could happen, NOT defending it!  The Hunt thing, yup, he messed up, and got what he deserved.  But I still contend he didn't kick her with intent to hurt, it was a "get away from me frustration kick". 

6 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Do you know for a fact he did anything????  NO, BECAUSE no one does!!!!!!!!   I was just saying I could see how it could happen, NOT defending it!  The Hunt thing, yup, he messed up, and got what he deserved.  But I still contend he didn't kick her with intent to hurt, it was a "get away from me frustration kick". 

Again, either he kicked her or he did not kick her....

Same with this guy- we don't know what happened, but you are giving him an out already....

Just now, Handswarmer said:

Same with this guy- we don't know what happened, but you are giving him an out already....

Where did i give him an out???   You like to twist things that people say!  I said i could see how it could happen.  I did not say he should get away with it.  Where did i say he should not be punished if it turns out to be true?   You just like to stir shit up.  Hell you still defend Ray Lewis, hey kettle, this is pot, YOU'RE BLACK!(not race related)

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

To be clear a kick that doesn’t bruise or leave a mark is the same as a kick that breaks a bone?

I hope he didn't do anything, but either way something happened (fiance involved or whatever) and it looks bad given his/their history. It will be nice to know what actually happened, when the story comes out.

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I think the point he was trying to make (that you obviously missed) was that NOBODY KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED! Maybe if you weren't always trying to stir up shit and put some thought into it you might figure that out.

But then again, you might not.

6 hours ago, dksww said:

Would child services work over the weekend on this? 

No.   This story broke just before the weekend.   Do not put any stock in the fact you have not heard anything.  This is investigatory stage.   No time limit to file charges.   Got to wait and see

28 minutes ago, wilkie said:

No.   This story broke just before the weekend.   Do not put any stock in the fact you have not heard anything.  This is investigatory stage.   No time limit to file charges.   Got to wait and see

According to policy, DCF investigators have 30 days to make a finding in a case, unless a delay is requested by a specific party. That would include law enforcement, prosecutors or health care professionals.

Investigation results will be turned over to district attorney.  That office will decide if evidence of a crime.  No time limit on decision.  Lots of times evidence comes in months later. I've seen it happen lots of times. 

16 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

14 hours ago, tges58 said:

I think the point he was trying to make (that you obviously missed) was that NOBODY KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED! Maybe if you weren't always trying to stir up shit and put some thought into it you might figure that out.

But then again, you might not.

LOL- thats not a defense of Hunt?

I already stated that no one ( at least on here) knows for sure what happened but the "Kids will do crazy things when they know you are going to spank them" is eerily close to the "He didn't kick her that hard" defense of Hunt

In my opinion, unless Hill is charged and prosecuted with a crime they should hold onto him and ride out any possible suspension just for being named in a report.

We can't afford to keep losing star players for nothing in return.  Looking back at the K. Hunt situation, I'm now critical that the Chiefs were too reactive and should've just rode it out since he was never arrested and charged with a crime.  Now, the Browns get a 23 year old stud RB for nothing, basically. 

I get the Chiefs want to maintain an image of wholesomeness and cleanliness, but honestly, this is football and I personally don't care unless they've been convicted of a crime.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

LOL- thats not a defense of Hunt?

I already stated that no one ( at least on here) knows for sure what happened but the "Kids will do crazy things when they know you are going to spank them" is eerily close to the "He didn't kick her that hard" defense of Hunt

Defense??? No.  I'm not saying it wasn't wrong, just saying it was a weak ass kick and he wasn't trying to hurt her with it.  If he was, he could've and would've.  AND HOW IN THE F'ING world is stating " Kids will do crazy things when they know they are going to be spanked" in any way a defense?  It's a statement from things I have SEEN as a parent.  Try getting the attention of a 3 year old when they know they are in trouble!!!  They run, they scream, they kick, they twist.  Please ONE parent in here tell me i am not accurate!!!!  It's been a long ass time since I have put an irrational shit stirrer on ignore, but you have officially made my list.  

34 minutes ago, dksww said:

In my opinion, unless Hill is charged and prosecuted with a crime they should hold onto him and ride out any possible suspension just for being named in a report.

We can't afford to keep losing star players for nothing in return.  Looking back at the K. Hunt situation, I'm now critical that the Chiefs were too reactive and should've just rode it out since he was never arrested and charged with a crime.  Now, the Browns get a 23 year old stud RB for nothing, basically. 

I get the Chiefs want to maintain an image of wholesomeness and cleanliness, but honestly, this is football and I personally don't care unless they've been convicted of a crime.

Hunt was released because of lying to the management about the whole thing. In case of Hill he's mentioned in a police report but the investigations are ongoing and if they end up finding that Hill hasn't committed a crime Chiefs will probably keep him. That being said in case of a no-crime if there's an eager buyer I wouldn't be surprised to see the team consider a trade but that has to be a huge offer IMO.

To be clear, under what circumstances is it okay to kick a woman?

Regardless of the outcome- both are wrong

You can’t hit/kick woman, you can’t use force so that you break a kids bone, you can’t assault people etc etc.  These guys have to realize they have been given the golden ticket and get to play a kids game for large sums of money.  It’s a privilege that needs to be respected. And the price for not doing so should be steep. 

As it applies to Tyreek he paid a very steep price for his past transgressions and has made amends. But he’s on a short leash here so we can only hope he didn’t abuse his kid in any way. At this point there’s no proof we know of that he has unlike Kareem Hunt. Just have to let it play out and see what really happened. I’m not optimistic or pessimistic here. Nothing would surprise me really. 

1 hour ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Defense??? No.  I'm not saying it wasn't wrong, just saying it was a weak ass kick and he wasn't trying to hurt her with it.  If he was, he could've and would've.  AND HOW IN THE F'ING world is stating " Kids will do crazy things when they know they are going to be spanked" in any way a defense?  It's a statement from things I have SEEN as a parent.  Try getting the attention of a 3 year old when they know they are in trouble!!!  They run, they scream, they kick, they twist.  Please ONE parent in here tell me i am not accurate!!!!  It's been a long ass time since I have put an irrational shit stirrer on ignore, but you have officially made my list.  

You are excusing it.....thats defending it....the hole is getting deeper....

22 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

You can’t hit/kick woman, you can’t use force so that you break a kids bone, you can’t assault people etc etc.  These guys have to realize they have been given the golden ticket and get to play a kids game for large sums of money.  It’s a privilege that needs to be respected. And the price for not doing so should be steep. 

As it applies to Tyreek he paid a very steep price for his past transgressions and has made amends. But he’s on a short leash here so we can only hope he didn’t abuse his kid in any way. At this point there’s no proof we know of that he has unlike Kareem Hunt. Just have to let it play out and see what really happened. I’m not optimistic or pessimistic here. Nothing would surprise me really. 

Thank you.

Archived