Houston to the colts

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Agree. I think its really clear Veach is building for the long term. He wants a young defense built around a few short term free agents to bridge the gap. He's gonna sink or swim largely based on his ability to get players in April. And this will also help nab that finishing piece type of free agent next season or after. 

All his FA signings are a 1 year deal other than HB. Grt some comp picks from them or of they work out resign them of possible.

48 minutes ago, the Warparty said:

I feel like I did when Albert Lewis went to the Raiders, or Neil Smith to Donkos.

makes one kinda wonder why I cheer on a uniform . . . 

Hey you get to choose. You can always be a fan like Fatal Error and switch allegiances along with a mediocre journeyman QB if you want.  

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

I would've taken Houston for 2/24.  It would've been a short term bridge, and he would've been off the books when it was time to back up the truck for Mahomes.  This makes me wonder what the Chiefs offered in a restructure.  

Agree solid deal for both sides really. We just had nowhere to go with that 21 million dollar cap hit except to offer more guaranteed money and tie ourselves to him longer. It was really lose-lose for us in a way but tearing off the bandaid was the right thing to do in my opinion. 

19 hours ago, moons314 said:

I would've taken Houston for 2/24.  It would've been a short term bridge, and he would've been off the books when it was time to back up the truck for Mahomes.  This makes me wonder what the Chiefs offered in a restructure.  

I don't think the Chiefs ever extended an offer.  12m in salary here is a 19m cap hit.

20 hours ago, moons314 said:

I would be very happy with 40 over 4 years including the 7 million hit which just shy of what he's making now. However with the emphasis on switching to bigger DEs I'm not certain if Chiefs actually made an offer worth considering. Houston is really strong but looks like Spags isn't looking for double digit sacks at DE after the terrible run performance over the last couple years. 

Archived