Some rumors out there Chiefs trying to trade you know who

I wonder if the Chiefs are quietly putting some pressure on the Overland Park DA to resolve the Hill issue prior to the draft. Whether charges are brought will make a huge impact on the Chief’s draft board. They will most likely draft a WR due to the Conley loss anyway but if Hill is gone, that  position suddenly becomes need #1. 

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dan4pres said:

I wonder if the Chiefs are quietly putting some pressure on the Overland Park DA to resolve the Hill issue prior to the draft. Whether charges are brought will make a huge impact on the Chief’s draft board. They will most likely draft a WR due to the Conley loss anyway but if Hill is gone, that  position suddenly becomes need #1. 

I really doubt it. It’s important to the teams future but not to the justice process. I do know they have to get this done in 30 days unless someone asks for an extension, which I believe would get out.  So I think it’s likely we are gonna know pre draft. 

KCTV 5 had a story last week that the prosecutors office didn’t have enough YET to pursue any charges. Nobody else reported this and they didn’t elaborate on their source or anything else. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-the-top-five-third-down-receivers-in-2018?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=cjaff&cjevent=9fc02f39546c11e982df04460a240611

Nice little read on how well Hill played on third down conversions, and how Hill had success not only as a speedster. To bad Phata will just find some reason to disregard it. 

2 hours ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-the-top-five-third-down-receivers-in-2018?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=cjaff&cjevent=9fc02f39546c11e982df04460a240611

Nice little read on how well Hill played on third down conversions, and how Hill had success not only as a speedster. To bad Phata will just find some reason to disregard it. 

Lolz, <too bad they had to resort to stats to make their case> 

Right phatal??????

lolz

2 hours ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-the-top-five-third-down-receivers-in-2018?utm_source=cj&amp;utm_medium=affiliate&amp;utm_campaign=cjaff&amp;cjevent=9fc02f39546c11e982df04460a240611

World class speed is what everyone knows about but unfortunately the less informed people out there like Phata think that’s all he is.  The guy started from basically zero and is rapidly improving as a route runner. His quickness makes him as dangerous as his speed. He’s also got REALLY good hands and can catch the ball in traffic and actually has RB body type to take hit. 

Think Steve Smith on steroids.  WRs in Andy’s offense are asked to play every position and handle every route tree. Even as Tyreeks other worldly speed becomes merely elite, the development of his other skills will keep him an elite 1A WR he already is.  And that’s why this whole offiekd issue is such a bummer!

By the way MVPat is on Jimmy Fallon tonight!

42 minutes ago, the Warparty said:

Lolz, <too bad they had to resort to stats to make their case> 

Right phatal??????

lolz

Tyreek's progression as a player from year one to now has been awesome to watch. The stats back it up too, so to me it's one of those things where you can see it on game day and you can see it in the box scores. He's not one of those players when you watch a game you don't see the hype. When you watch a game the hype is real. I just don't understand how someone can't see it... well I can I guess but I feel like those that don't see it choose to live in an old world that no longer exists.

29 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

World class speed is what everyone knows about but unfortunately the less informed people out there like Phata think that’s all he is.  The guy started from basically zero and is rapidly improving as a route runner. His quickness makes him as dangerous as his speed. He’s also got REALLY good hands and can catch the ball in traffic and actually has RB body type to take hit. 

Think Steve Smith on steroids.  WRs in Andy’s offense are asked to play every position and handle every route tree. Even as Tyreeks other worldly speed becomes merely elite, the development of his other skills will keep him an elite 1A WR he already is.  And that’s why this whole offiekd issue is such a bummer!

By the way MVPat is on Jimmy Fallon tonight!

He high points the ball as good as any WR in the league. I am hoping this off-field issue is resolved and nothing comes of it against Tyreek. BUT if he he did something bad then he has to pay the piper.

I don't usually watch Jimmy Fallon, but I probably will have to now.

16 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

If it gets out that the Chiefs or the NFL are "pressuring" local authorities that will be a very bad look.  I'm not saying they might not do it but the wiser thing would be to stay out of it.

48 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

If it gets out that the Chiefs or the NFL are "pressuring" local authorities that will be a very bad look.  I'm not saying they might not do it but the wiser thing would be to stay out of it.

I guess my use of the word pressure might be too strong. However, I imagine that all parties know that the draft is looming so I’m sure the DA’s office has been told to not drag this out. I’m always a little concerned about the ulterior motives of DAs when a potential high profile case is dropped in their lap. This investigation probably has as much public scrutiny as a murder charge. Ultimately, the child’s current and future welfare is more important than any football move. Let’s just hope that the Chiefs past faith in Hill was warranted.

When the KC Star ran essentially an updated article on this 2 weeks ago, it said the Child Services department can take up to 30 days to resolve a case.

Hopefully nothing happened and we hear so within the next week or so.

1 hour ago, dksww said:

When the KC Star ran essentially an updated article on this 2 weeks ago, it said the Child Services department can take up to 30 days to resolve a case.

Hopefully nothing happened and we hear so within the next week or so.

They aren't going to drag this out or speed up the process because its a high profile athlete. Agree its likely there's some resolution pretty soon. Interesting I talked to a case worker in that department who said over 80 percent of people they investigate are based on false claims. Obviously this isn't that, but I can see how it slows down the process. 

Replay of 4th down play vs the Ravens just popped up so of course I watched the clip. Laughed out loud when I noticed a trio of Ravens fans behind Tyreek Hill throw their arms up in disgust as we burned them for 40 plus yards on 4th and 9. 

CHIEFS

‘Cheetah coming back:’ Chiefs’ Tyreek Hill shares video of offseason workout routine

Duration 1:31
Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill after winning AFC West: ‘We just want to win a Super Bowl’

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill speaks on 35-3 victory over the Oakland Raiders on Sunday, Dec. 30, 2018, saying "We are all focused...it feels great, but we just want to win a Super Bowl." BY BLAIR KERKHOFF

Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill posted a video to his YouTube channel on Tuesday in which he makes his first public comments since the Overland Park police, Johnson County District Attorney’s Office and the Kansas Department for Children and Families confirmed they are investigating alleged incidents of battery and child abuse or neglect involving Hill at his home.

The video showed Hill working to prepare for the 2019 season.

“We don’t take no days off. If you want to be the best, you’ve got to work to be the best, baby,” Hill said in the video. “You’ve got to prove you’re the best every Sunday, too. Everyday, for real, you’ve got to prove you’re the best everyday for real, because there’s no telling who’s working right now. AB (Antonio Bryant) could be working, Julio (Jones) could be working, Odell (Beckham Jr.) could be working, DeAndre (Hopkins) could be working. So I’m trying to outrun them.

“Two times a day, baby. Cheetah coming back, man. Stronger, baby. Fastest in the game.”

The video shows Hill working with trainer Luther Glover at ETA Athletic Training in Lenexa.

Later in the video, Hill said: “Small city, but I got a bigger dream. How about that? Bigger dream, man, so if I can do it, anybody can do it. ...

“I am my own man. I just want to be great, though. I want better for my family, and I will get better for my family. More for my family, too. How about that, baby? Cheetah gang is the only way. Cheetah way is the only way. ... Shout out to Chiefs Kingdom, though, man. Behind your boy 110 percent. I stay working for you all.”

Chiefs coach Andy Reid, general manager Brett Veach and other team officials said at last month’s NFL owners meetings that they have not contacted Hill since news of the initial investigation broke. Hill’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declined comment. The investigations remain ongoing and no charges have been filed.

“We don’t have the whole grasp of it yet,” Veach said. “We’re still working through it. We just don’t have all the information right now. Once we do, we’ll be able to make a decision that’s in the best interest of the organization.”

10 minutes ago, dksww said:

More "superficiality" lololololol:

The kid is just flat special. We had to wait three decades for this organization to even try to be great at the games most important position. But even closer offseason film review from people like Seth Keysor reveal a next level once in a generation type talent that was worth the wait.  

9 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The kid is just flat special. We had to wait three decades for this organization to even try to be great at the games most important position. But even closer offseason film review from people like Seth Keysor reveal a next level once in a generation type talent that was worth the wait.  

And his first SB victory has to wait at least 1 more year, because of your twin brother Werthers Sutton...🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'll say it again it feels great to finally have are own drafted QB. Let alone mvp, top level quarterback. And he is a good guy which makes it that much easier to like. More of a brees likeability than a rodgers.

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

And his first SB victory has to wait at least 1 more year, because of your twin brother Werthers Sutton...🤣🤣🤣🤣

We will never know. But I think much like playing Alex Smith vs the Titans in the 2018 playoff game, this is the good and bad with Andy Reid. He's loyal and as such will always be able to get good coaches and free agent players who know they won't be thrown under the bus when things don't work out. No doubt we likely win that Titans game with Mahomes but it would have been the wrong thing to do. Perhaps another dcoordinator would have been the difference however it sure looks like we wanted to move to a 4-3 and saw this offseason contract wise as the one we can dump the remains of the old core defense. Just kinda fit. But man if Dee Ford doesn't line up offsides, we are in the Super Bowl. It's hard to believe were THAT close. So youre probably right. 

Archived