Some rumors out there Chiefs trying to trade you know who

9 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

Not jealous. I pity you.

There's no straw man here. I've consistently argued that Smith made weak teams better than the sum of their parts. It was Mahomes who was gifted the Ferrari. Did he win a post-season game his defense didn't win for him? The answer is undeniably, No.

Smith has a post-season highlight: It's called The Catch III. He also had some solid plays in losing efforts. What's Mahomes' signature post-season play? Oh, he doesn't have one.

You must have boycotted this past years playoffs, I would understand considering you were in tears over Smith being injured and didn’t want the reality of watching a team not falling on its face against inferior playoff opponents like you’re used to seeing with Alex.  Instead Mahomes ‘signature’ moment was going toe to toe in OT with the eventual SB champion led by the greatest QB in history, or second in your eyes behind Alex of course, lol

Also feel free to stop responding, your delusional bias makes this conversation pointless, I won’t be responding anymore

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

You must have boycotted this past years playoffs, I would understand considering you were in tears over Smith being injured and didn’t want the reality of watching a team not falling on its face against inferior playoff opponents like you’re used to seeing with Alex.  Instead Mahomes ‘signature’ moment was going toe to toe in OT with the eventual SB champion led by the greatest QB in history, or second in your eyes behind Alex of course, lol

Also feel free to stop responding, your delusional bias makes this conversation pointless, I won’t be responding anymore

Great. I didn't need your insults.

I've never said Smith was better than Brady.

And Mahomes had plenty of opportunities to get the job done in the playoffs. He just didn't. He didn't need his teammates to fall on their face to miss the next round. He did the job himself. No one deserves extra credit for a 'comeback' when they can't keep their offense on the field long enough to protect their defense. You have what you want to knock Smith for, and Mahomes proved deficient in many of the things I thought he would be inferior in.

1 hour ago, PhataLerror said:

Great. I didn't need your insults.

I've never said Smith was better than Brady.

And Mahomes had plenty of opportunities to get the job done in the playoffs. He just didn't. He didn't need his teammates to fall on their face to miss the next round. He did the job himself. No one deserves extra credit for a 'comeback' when they can't keep their offense on the field long enough to protect their defense. You have what you want to knock Smith for, and Mahomes proved deficient in many of the things I thought he would be inferior in.

I'm beginning to think you are a scorned man because mahomes didn't agree to your advances. To think someone would put so much thought/time into trying to justify Smith's game to what we seen pat do in his first season as a starter. No matter how you spin it we chiefs fans couldn't be more excited to have pat as are Qb. We are looking forward to what he brings us in the future. Have fun watching replay of Alex's check downs,sacking himself, and happy feet. 

The only time Mahomes "fell on his face" all season was arguably at the very end of the Rams game.  That's it, that's the entire list.

I don't know which side of Poe's Law PhataL is on, I want to look away and stop responding but it's hard.

18 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

The only time Mahomes "fell on his face" all season was arguably at the very end of the Rams game.  That's it, that's the entire list.

I don't know which side of Poe's Law PhataL is on, I want to look away and stop responding but it's hard.

and that was still a game where he threw 6 touchdowns lol

7 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Alex was on pace for a typical 16 TD season where his team does win 9-10 games and gets into the playoffs.  We also know what happens after that.  I’m a big Alex Smith fan as a person and think he’s a decent QB. Maybe Chad Henne plus 10-20 percent. Can’t be thankful enough our guy now is in a different stratosphere. Still giddy after 40 years of largely journeymen castoffs.  This is how you win in January in this league. Go get an elite QB.  Just like clockwork our fortunes changed. 

2 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

I'm beginning to think you are a scorned man because mahomes didn't agree to your advances. To think someone would put so much thought/time into trying to justify Smith's game to what we seen pat do in his first season as a starter. No matter how you spin it we chiefs fans couldn't be more excited to have pat as are Qb. We are looking forward to what he brings us in the future. Have fun watching replay of Alex's check downs,sacking himself, and happy feet. 

his complaint is that we scored to fast, lolololololol

17 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

There's no straw man here. I've consistently argued that Smith made weak teams better than the sum of their parts. It was Mahomes who was gifted the Ferrari. Did he win a post-season game his defense didn't win for him? The answer is undeniably, No.

Pretty comical you bring this up when the only playoff game Alex Smith ever won here was when the defense pitched a shutout.  Hard to lose when the opponent doesn't score. LOL...If they did score, we lost every time with Alex. Every single time. Even when the defense didn't give up even one TD. That was obviuosly the last straw for Andy Reid. And thank goodness that realization came about at the same time the MVP was going into the draft.

As an opposing fan I understand why you're agitated. Fun for us to finally see people squirming because they know our QB is better than yours. Gonna be a fun decade.  

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

Alex is a good dude.  Hate to see him go out that way.

Yeah it's definitely one of the worst ways to go out.  Silver lining is he's keeping his leg, his family is set forever and he fleeced the fuck out of a very deserving owner.

I had a strong suspicion something like that was around the corner and I'm glad we're not the ones stuck with the bill.

9 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Pretty comical you bring this up when the only playoff game Alex Smith ever won here was when the defense pitched a shutout.  Hard to lose when the opponent doesn't score. LOL...If they did score, we lost every time with Alex. Every single time. Even when the defense didn't give up even one TD. That was obviuosly the last straw for Andy Reid. And thank goodness that realization came about at the same time the MVP was going into the draft.

As an opposing fan I understand why you're agitated. Fun for us to finally see people squirming because they know our QB is better than yours. Gonna be a fun decade.  

Smith's 49ers beat the Saints, 36-32. But I guess that doesn't count because it wasn't the Chiefs. And the necessity of excluding such examples highlights the fallacy of your argument against Smith.

34 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

Smith's 49ers beat the Saints, 36-32. But I guess that doesn't count because it wasn't the Chiefs. And the necessity of excluding such examples highlights the fallacy of your argument against Smith.

No kidding? I mean this is Chiefs board. Why care what he did with other teams? If that was the case we could bring Joe Montana into this too. Mahomes and Montana both did something Smith could not do and that was get us home playoff wins and advance to the AFC championship game. Both did it in far less time here too.

Archived