Some rumors out there Chiefs trying to trade you know who

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

Smith's 49ers beat the Saints, 36-32. But I guess that doesn't count because it wasn't the Chiefs. And the necessity of excluding such examples highlights the fallacy of your argument against Smith.

Sure it counts.  But what we know is if you play 13 years in this league even the most mediocre of QBs (and Alex is way better than that) are going to string together a good game or two in January. What also know is that the 49ers top 2 defense carried that team throughout most of their two good seasons with Alex. Just as the Chiefs top 5 defense carried him to playoff opportunities in two of his first three years here. I hope MVPat gets an opportunity to play with defenses like that because I believe multiple Lombardi’s will be the result. We will see  

Bottom line is I wish Alex well and respect the hell out of him. He was a big part of helping MVPats historical season by being a class act the year before. Alex would be the first one to tell you about Mahomes rare talent. Selfless, tough and I appreciated what he did in KC. For that reason I won’t even agree with the many Chiefs fans who believe we blew it by keeping Alex over Nick Foles  And I think Alex should go in our ring of honor one day.

But we’ve moved on and obviously could not be happier about our QB. Being the envy of the league at the games most important position is something we’ve never experienced. It’s fun and it’s all that’s relevant now. It certainly won’t be all rainbows and unicorns with Mahomes. There will be some ups and downs but with his talent, instinct and intellect I think a decade from now we are talking double digit playoff wins and multiple Super Bowls. A brave new world for any Chiefs fan who wasn’t around in the 1960s. 

3 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

That's your response? I thought we were concerned with winning. Clearly that's not the issue here.

Those constant references to MVPat being a future Hall of famer “The Ferrari” during draft coverage will make any Chiefs fan smile. And any opposing fan grimace wondering how he slipped through their grasp  

13 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

When did I ever say that? You brought up the metric of how many TDs PM threw in a game.  Now it's not valid to discuss because....why?

My post is not directed at you. It was directed at the quoted.

27 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

When did I ever say that? You brought up the metric of how many TDs PM threw in a game.  Now it's not valid to discuss because....why?

I did not bring it up. I don't bring up dumb stats about how many of anything anyone did except win. After wins, stats that actually correlate to winning. Because winning is what matters, not what statistics accumulated in a loss.

5 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

I did not bring it up. I don't bring up dumb stats about how many of anything anyone did except win. After wins, stats that actually correlate to winning. Because winning is what matters, not what statistics accumulated in a loss.

Sure you did.  You tossed out PM's td stats from the Rams game.

Archived