Some rumors out there Chiefs trying to trade you know who

On 4/2/2019 at 8:13 AM, xen said:

CHIEFS

‘Cheetah coming back:’ Chiefs’ Tyreek Hill shares video of offseason workout routine

APRIL 02, 2019 10:01 AM, UPDATED 3 MINUTES AGO
Duration 1:31
Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill after winning AFC West: ‘We just want to win a Super Bowl’

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill speaks on 35-3 victory over the Oakland Raiders on Sunday, Dec. 30, 2018, saying "We are all focused...it feels great, but we just want to win a Super Bowl." BY BLAIR KERKHOFF

Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill posted a video to his YouTube channel on Tuesday in which he makes his first public comments since the Overland Park police, Johnson County District Attorney’s Office and the Kansas Department for Children and Families confirmed they are investigating alleged incidents of battery and child abuse or neglect involving Hill at his home.

The video showed Hill working to prepare for the 2019 season.

“We don’t take no days off. If you want to be the best, you’ve got to work to be the best, baby,” Hill said in the video. “You’ve got to prove you’re the best every Sunday, too. Everyday, for real, you’ve got to prove you’re the best everyday for real, because there’s no telling who’s working right now. AB (Antonio Bryant) could be working, Julio (Jones) could be working, Odell (Beckham Jr.) could be working, DeAndre (Hopkins) could be working. So I’m trying to outrun them.

“Two times a day, baby. Cheetah coming back, man. Stronger, baby. Fastest in the game.”

The video shows Hill working with trainer Luther Glover at ETA Athletic Training in Lenexa.

Later in the video, Hill said: “Small city, but I got a bigger dream. How about that? Bigger dream, man, so if I can do it, anybody can do it. ...

“I am my own man. I just want to be great, though. I want better for my family, and I will get better for my family. More for my family, too. How about that, baby? Cheetah gang is the only way. Cheetah way is the only way. ... Shout out to Chiefs Kingdom, though, man. Behind your boy 110 percent. I stay working for you all.”

Chiefs coach Andy Reid, general manager Brett Veach and other team officials said at last month’s NFL owners meetings that they have not contacted Hill since news of the initial investigation broke. Hill’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declined comment. The investigations remain ongoing and no charges have been filed.

“We don’t have the whole grasp of it yet,” Veach said. “We’re still working through it. We just don’t have all the information right now. Once we do, we’ll be able to make a decision that’s in the best interest of the organization.”

YEs I'm sure I'm looking into it way to deep....BUT this makes me nervous!  “Small city, but I got a bigger dream. How about that?

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/26/2019 at 6:30 AM, soonerborn77 said:

just out of curiosity, would you take Smith (pre-broken leg) over Mahomes if you were hypothetically given that option?

[I just realized I never answered this. I've had bigger problems than football over the last two weeks.]

I'm answering this the same way I answered when the question came up about keeping Smith or Kaepernick: Smith earned his right to stay, and was never the reason the Chiefs didn't win a Super Bowl. Therefore you stick with one of the ingredients you need to win a Super Bowl, not a flash-in-the-pan athlete who hasn't been tested in the NFL. Many here want to imagine that one of many Super Bowl wins are already in the bag with Mahomes on the team. So thought the Kaepologists back in 2013. Since then, Kaepernick is out of football, and later this month, the 49ers will be drafting second-overall. There's a warning there.

I deal in real, not in projections, dreams, and wishes. If we're all committed to not judging issues on superficial splits ("Kaepernick actually played in a Super Bowl"), we can have an honest dialog about this over the coming years. Each of you will individually determine just how comprehensive or superficial you wish to be about this.

4 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

[I just realized I never answered this. I've had bigger problems than football over the last two weeks.]

I'm answering this the same way I answered when the question came up about keeping Smith or Kaepernick: Smith earned his right to stay, and was never the reason the Chiefs didn't win a Super Bowl. Therefore you stick with one of the ingredients you need to win a Super Bowl, not a flash-in-the-pan athlete who hasn't been tested in the NFL. Many here want to imagine that one of many Super Bowl wins are already in the bag with Mahomes on the team. So thought the Kaepologists back in 2013. Since then, Kaepernick is out of football, and later this month, the 49ers will be drafting second-overall. There's a warning there.

I deal in real, not in projections, dreams, and wishes. If we're all committed to not judging issues on superficial splits ("Kaepernick actually played in a Super Bowl"), we can have an honest dialog about this over the coming years. Each of you will individually determine just how comprehensive or superficial you wish to be about this.

Well with that thought process, you have to go with Mahomes then after last season. If you could have either right now, both healthy, you have to go with Mahomes. Why? Well Smith showed that he could not get us over any playoff hump he had with us. His limitations were being shown even with Andy Reid and then you bring in Mahomes who brought us within a coin flip or even off sides penalty from being in the SB. If you have both QBs play on the same team, there is no way I can see us being the number 1 seed in the AFC team last year let alone winning 12 games to win the division.  Smith earned nothing to stay as he was given 5 years to get us wins and most importantly more than 1 playoff win. Mahomes did that his first year starting here and after 5 years I bet we have more than just 1. Mahomes showed more in 1 year than Smith has in 5 by getting us to the AFC championship, winning a home playoff game and overcoming a horrid defense, which Smith needed everything to go his way a lot of the times and when we had a good defense, he relied on it to much. Mahomes gives us that late chance, as shown in his drive to tie the game against NE, that Smith just never seemed to give off for a feeling of being out of it. So if you had a choice right now, after last season and both Smith and Mahomes are there for us, I would take Mahomes and so would every coach/GM in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

Therefore you stick with one of the ingredients you need to win a Super Bowl, not a flash-in-the-pan athlete who hasn't been tested in the NFL.

There is a huge difference between untested and flash in the pan.  Tom Brady won a Super Bowl his first year as a starter.  That didn't make him a flash in the pan.  You might wish he's a flash in the pan, but until he falls on his face he's anything but..  He's the reigning MVP and looks like the real deal.  Comparing Kaep and Mahomes is showing some ignorance. 

23 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

Smith earned his right to stay, and was never the reason the Chiefs didn't win a Super Bowl.

This is incredibly false.  Smith had severe limitations that showed up in our last three playoff losses with him.  He may or may not have been the ONLY reason we didn't win a Super Bowl, but he was definitely A reason.

31 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

I guess if you can't win the debate with facts, logic, stats or even the eyeball test, you can always accuse everyone else of being disingenuous.  Interesting strategy...

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Well with that thought process, you have to go with Mahomes then after last season. If you could have either right now, both healthy, you have to go with Mahomes. Why? Well Smith showed that he could not get us over any playoff hump he had with us. His limitations were being shown even with Andy Reid and then you bring in Mahomes who brought us within a coin flip or even off sides penalty from being in the SB. If you have both QBs play on the same team, there is no way I can see us being the number 1 seed in the AFC team last year let alone winning 12 games to win the division.  Smith earned nothing to stay as he was given 5 years to get us wins and most importantly more than 1 playoff win. Mahomes did that his first year starting here and after 5 years I bet we have more than just 1. Mahomes showed more in 1 year than Smith has in 5 by getting us to the AFC championship, winning a home playoff game and overcoming a horrid defense, which Smith needed everything to go his way a lot of the times and when we had a good defense, he relied on it to much. Mahomes gives us that late chance, as shown in his drive to tie the game against NE, that Smith just never seemed to give off for a feeling of being out of it. So if you had a choice right now, after last season and both Smith and Mahomes are there for us, I would take Mahomes and so would every coach/GM in the NFL.

If Mahomes was 'within a coin-flip away' from playing in a Super Bowl, Smith was 'within a coin-flip and a muffed punt away' from doing the same, so in fact, Smith has achieved as much as Mahomes. But then this really comes down to this:

1 hour ago, PhataLerror said:

If we're all committed to not judging issues on superficial splits ("Kaepernick actually played in a Super Bowl"), we can have an honest dialog about this over the coming years.

You choose what data is relevant, and decide accordingly. I certainly don't have to choose Mahomes. My thought process notes that Smith went 5-0 with Hill and Conley, while Mahomes went 5-0 with Watkins and Hill. My thought process takes into account another half-dozen major factors you choose to ignore by attributing numerous team accomplishments directly to Mahomes.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

There is a huge difference between untested and flash in the pan.  Tom Brady won a Super Bowl his first year as a starter.  That didn't make him a flash in the pan.  You might wish he's a flash in the pan, but until he falls on his face he's anything but..  He's the reigning MVP and looks like the real deal.  Comparing Kaep and Mahomes is showing some ignorance. 

He might not fall on his face. Or he might. The fact is that too many Chiefs fans actually have succumbed to the wholly irrational belief that Mahomes' career trajectory can only go up from here. It reminds me a lot of the people in 2007 who would say that home values were only going to continue appreciating. Then a whole bunch of people lost their shorts when the housing bubble burst and their equity-financed lifestyles were reduced to ashes.

Kaepernick and Mahomes were both converted pitchers, and they both have a very similar approach to their game. If Kaepernick had been throwing to Watkins and Hill instead of Crabtree and The Ghost of Randy Moss, he might have had a Super Bowl win, despite the fact that he wouldn't have been any better a quarterback for it. In one critical area I think more highly of Mahomes than Kaepernick: Mahomes actually studies the game. Still, he needs to take some major steps forward to be the kind of quarterback that can adapt to changing conditions and still lead a winning football team. Kaepernick's failure to achieve similar progress contributed directly to his exodus from the league. They are much more similar than you want to acknowledge, and that stands to reason, seeing as "Kaepernick" has gone from being the ideal to being a failure.

Just now, PhataLerror said:

He might not fall on his face. Or he might. The fact is that too many Chiefs fans actually have succumbed to the wholly irrational belief that Mahomes' career trajectory can only go up from here. It reminds me a lot of the people in 2007 who would say that home values were only going to continue appreciating. Then a whole bunch of people lost their shorts when the housing bubble burst and their equity-financed lifestyles were reduced to ashes.

Kaepernick and Mahomes were both converted pitchers, and they both have a very similar approach to their game. If Kaepernick had been throwing to Watkins and Hill instead of Crabtree and The Ghost of Randy Moss, he might have had a Super Bowl win, despite the fact that he wouldn't have been any better a quarterback for it. In one critical area I think more highly of Mahomes than Kaepernick: Mahomes actually studies the game. Still, he needs to take some major steps forward to be the kind of quarterback that can adapt to changing conditions and still lead a winning football team. Kaepernick's failure to achieve similar progress contributed directly to his exodus from the league. They are much more similar than you want to acknowledge, and that stands to reason, seeing as "Kaepernick" has gone from being the ideal to being a failure.

I think it's not really irrational.  Quarterbacks tend to get better with experience.  It's a lot less rational to think he's going to digress because he used to pitch.  You keep landing on Kaepernick.  I don't think they are even remotely comparable.  In his breakout year Kaepernick threw for 2000 yards less, 30 touchdowns less, ran for over 500 yards and relied on one of the best defenses in the NFL.  Their approach to the game, other than maybe having been pitchers in high school, could not be more different. 

59 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

If Mahomes was 'within a coin-flip away' from playing in a Super Bowl, Smith was 'within a coin-flip and a muffed punt away' from doing the same, so in fact, Smith has achieved as much as Mahomes. But then this really comes down to this:

You choose what data is relevant, and decide accordingly. I certainly don't have to choose Mahomes. My thought process notes that Smith went 5-0 with Hill and Conley, while Mahomes went 5-0 with Watkins and Hill. My thought process takes into account another half-dozen major factors you choose to ignore by attributing numerous team accomplishments directly to Mahomes.

Smith's best year in 2017, after being in since 2005 was 26 TDs and a loss in the first round at home against the Titans. Say what you will but comparing Mahomes who threw more TDs than Smith did in almost his first 5 years as a pro is funny. Kaep also is not a comparison to make. He is only brought up because Smith was on the team at the same time, that is the only comparison you can make between the 2. Mahomes is far better and proved it in one year alone. His sky is much clearer and higher for him to go above and beyond. Mahomes also was a coin flip or offsides penalty away on the same team Smith lost with in the first round. The defense was even worse than Smith's career year and we won more with Mahomes as a rookie. That is the most comparable point you can make and Smith would never be taken over Mahomes by any coach in this league even if Smith was healthy

21 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Smith's best year in 2017, after being in since 2005 was 26 TDs and a loss in the first round at home against the Titans. Say what you will but comparing Mahomes who threw more TDs than Smith did in almost his first 5 years as a pro is funny. Kaep also is not a comparison to make. He is only brought up because Smith was on the team at the same time, that is the only comparison you can make between the 2. Mahomes is far better and proved it in one year alone. His sky is much clearer and higher for him to go above and beyond. Mahomes also was a coin flip or offsides penalty away on the same team Smith lost with in the first round. The defense was even worse than Smith's career year and we won more with Mahomes as a rookie. That is the most comparable point you can make and Smith would never be taken over Mahomes by any coach in this league even if Smith was healthy

I'll say it again. Comparing Mahomes to Alex Smith is like comparing BJ Armstrong to Michael Jordan. Its ludicrous!

Its amazing how our offense was better across the board. How every WR we had from the year before had a career season, how we ended nearly 30 years of futility by winning a home playoff game, how panicked 4th quarter play became routinely clutch and how a 10 win wild card team got the first seed for the first time in two decades and was one offsides from the Super Bowl with a 23 year old QB. Its nothing short of amazing how much we hit the jackpot.

I almost feel at this point that attempts to compare the two are so silly that it results in what I consider to be an unecessary running down of Alex Smith. He's a good guy, solid QB, maybe even a Chiefs ring of honor guy one day. I also think we could throw Chad Henne out there and get about 80 percent of what Alex gave us. 

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I think it's not really irrational.  Quarterbacks tend to get better with experience.  It's a lot less rational to think he's going to digress because he used to pitch.  You keep landing on Kaepernick.  I don't think they are even remotely comparable.  In his breakout year Kaepernick threw for 2000 yards less, 30 touchdowns less, ran for over 500 yards and relied on one of the best defenses in the NFL.  Their approach to the game, other than maybe having been pitchers in high school, could not be more different. 

The whole converted pitcher thing is so convoluted and silly that I actually did get a chuckle out of it. I wonder how Super Bowl winners Tom Brady, John Elway and Russel Wilson feel about it.  LOL. MVPat was also an all west Texas basketball player. Not sure how that figures into it. 

Im also not sure you could have two QBs who are less alike than MVPat and CK who like Alex Smith was much more of a runner/dual threat than the pure passer. Heck you could combine both those guys career years and still not have as many TD passes as Mahomes first  

Man if Mahomes could just get a few defenses like those guys had though we may threaten the 72 Dolphins. It took 30 plus points to beat MVPat last year. Think about that!

Archived