Some rumors out there Chiefs trying to trade you know who

On 4/11/2019 at 5:02 PM, PhataLerror said:

If Mahomes was 'within a coin-flip away' from playing in a Super Bowl, Smith was 'within a coin-flip and a muffed punt away' from doing the same, so in fact, Smith has achieved as much as Mahomes. But then this really comes down to this:

You choose what data is relevant, and decide accordingly. I certainly don't have to choose Mahomes. My thought process notes that Smith went 5-0 with Hill and Conley, while Mahomes went 5-0 with Watkins and Hill. My thought process takes into account another half-dozen major factors you choose to ignore by attributing numerous team accomplishments directly to Mahomes.

Except one was in his rookie year and also won MVP that year with record setting numbers and the other was in his 7th year where he threw for a whopping 17 TD's but sure it is the same 🙄

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/11/2019 at 3:19 PM, PhataLerror said:

[I just realized I never answered this. I've had bigger problems than football over the last two weeks.]

I'm answering this the same way I answered when the question came up about keeping Smith or Kaepernick: Smith earned his right to stay, and was never the reason the Chiefs didn't win a Super Bowl. Therefore you stick with one of the ingredients you need to win a Super Bowl, not a flash-in-the-pan athlete who hasn't been tested in the NFL. Many here want to imagine that one of many Super Bowl wins are already in the bag with Mahomes on the team. So thought the Kaepologists back in 2013. Since then, Kaepernick is out of football, and later this month, the 49ers will be drafting second-overall. There's a warning there.

I deal in real, not in projections, dreams, and wishes. If we're all committed to not judging issues on superficial splits ("Kaepernick actually played in a Super Bowl"), we can have an honest dialog about this over the coming years. Each of you will individually determine just how comprehensive or superficial you wish to be about this.

You say Smith earned his right to stay, how did he earn his right?  It seems like you are the one who is using superficial splits (he took the chiefs to the playoffs) yet ignoring the facts that when we needed him to make a play in the playoffs he never could do it.  

You say you deal in real but you can't possible look at one QB who is on his decline of a very average career anyways and say you would rather have him then a second QB who just won MVP as a rookie, that is using your own dreams and wishes and ignoring the cold hard stats.

On 4/21/2019 at 11:36 AM, soonerborn77 said:

You say Smith earned his right to stay, how did he earn his right?  It seems like you are the one who is using superficial splits (he took the chiefs to the playoffs) yet ignoring the facts that when we needed him to make a play in the playoffs he never could do it.  

You say you deal in real but you can't possible look at one QB who is on his decline of a very average career anyways and say you would rather have him then a second QB who just won MVP as a rookie, that is using your own dreams and wishes and ignoring the cold hard stats.

Earning his right: Guiding a team from worst-in-league status to perennial playoff contenders. For the second time.

I'll decide what I'll deem to be irrelevant. I obviously didn't get it wrong thus far: The Chiefs didn't win a Super Bowl by changing quarterbacks, and Mahomes hasn't won a playoff game against a team that scored more than 13 points.

You'll decide what you'll deem to be relevant. Congratulations: The Associated Press' stat-reliant voters picked Mahomes to join Newton as one of a number of system-reliant quarterbacks that put up big numbers on the way to an MVP award, but couldn't bring home the hardware in the process.

Yes, I indeed deal in real, and my version of real didn't involve a quarterback that becomes the focal point of everyone's attention since the team couldn't accomplish anything.

Just now, PhataLerror said:

Earning his right: Guiding a team from worst-in-league status to perennial playoff contenders. For the second time.

I'll decide what I'll deem to be irrelevant. I obviously didn't get it wrong thus far: The Chiefs didn't win a Super Bowl by changing quarterbacks, and Mahomes hasn't won a playoff game against a team that scored more than 13 points.

You'll decide what you'll deem to be relevant. Congratulations: The Associated Press' stat-reliant voters picked Mahomes to join Newton as one of a number of system-reliant quarterbacks that put up big numbers on the way to an MVP award, but couldn't bring home the hardware in the process.

Yes, I indeed deal in real, and my version of real didn't involve a quarterback that becomes the focal point of everyone's attention since the team couldn't accomplish anything.

It's sad how you can try to pretend you are extremely knowledgeable yet at the same time make yourself look like a complete fool.  So it's Mahomes fault that he hasn't won a playoff game against a team scoring more than 13 points, weird because it seems like that Mahomes has many playoff wins as your boy Smith in a Chiefs uniform, oh and in 4 less attempts.  Also Smith hasn't won a playoff game as a Chief where the other team has scored more than ONE point.  So you may wish Mahomes is a flash in the pan so your average QB can for some delusional reason in your head think he's better but it's just blind love/loyalty on your part.  It's funny that Mahomes takes over the same team that Smith had, throws for a record number of yards and TD's, wins a playoff game in his first try yet somehow Alex earned the right to be the QB who would have had not even make the playoffs or be a one and done AGAIN

Phatal's posts are the ultimate example of Poe's Law, which states (paraphrased) that extreme, irrational views are indistinguishable from parodies thereof.  Could any person possibly truly believe the ridiculous information in those posts, or is it a dedicated, elaborate troll job?  We may never know.

On 4/21/2019 at 11:32 AM, soonerborn77 said:

Except one was in his rookie year and also won MVP that year with record setting numbers and the other was in his 7th year where he threw for a whopping 17 TD's but sure it is the same 🙄

lol

7 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I will make it easy when Smith was here in 2013 to 2017 he had 7 wins when an opposing team scored 24 or more points in 5 seasons. Mahomes has won 6 in his starts so far out of 17 games.

Very nice. If only we could have seen Mahomes play with Dwayne Blow and McSpin. Many of the guys that went to the post-season with Smith in 2013 didn't manage to extend their careers very long thereafter. It stands to reason that the Chiefs invested in offense over the past three years, and there was more on that end to help Mahomes look like a guy that was actually doing something.

1 hour ago, PhataLerror said:

Except he didn't. 5-0 without Sammy Watkins, but with Chris Conley. Any team starting Demarcus Robinson was not anything like the "same team" Mahomes had.

Amazing, Sammy Watkins and his 9 games started with 40 catches for for 519 yards and 3 TD’s is the reason our offense averaged an entire 10 point game less from 12 year veteran Alex in 2017 then 2nd year and 1st year starter Mahomes.  Thats really sound logic right there, so glad you prove your lack of knowledge and show it’s just trolling when you pretend to talk QB knowledge. 

The irony is Smith didn’t have to deal with as many interior OL injuries as Mahomes did so in a way you are correct, it wasn’t the same team because Smith has more protection then Mahomes....

2 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Amazing, Sammy Watkins and his 9 games started with 40 catches for for 519 yards and 3 TD’s is the reason our offense averaged an entire 10 point game less from 12 year veteran Alex in 2017 then 2nd year and 1st year starter Mahomes.  Thats really sound logic right there, so glad you prove your lack of knowledge and show it’s just trolling when you pretend to talk QB knowledge. 

The irony is Smith didn’t have to deal with as many interior OL injuries as Mahomes did so in a way you are correct, it wasn’t the same team because Smith has more protection then Mahomes....

Your inability to acknowledge the global effect of superior supporting casts is evidence of your bias, not mine. You're in love with the highlights, and you miss the nuance.

15 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Not sure why anyone would converse with that guy Mr PHATALITY. He is not going to change his mind. Its his PHATAL FLAW.

1 hour ago, PhataLerror said:

Aside from the whole first half of the game?

Ya one gave his team no chance and was horrible. The other brought his team back to take the lead under 2 min left in the game.  So ya not the same.

6 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

Your inability to acknowledge the global effect of superior supporting casts is evidence of your bias, not mine. You're in love with the highlights, and you miss the nuance.

Your inability to fully present a fact is your flaw not mine.  You said supporting cast and provided one example and I debunked it using facts that you can’t argue.  Then you go strawman and ignore the fact because you have no more support for your nonexistent argument and grasp at just saying I’m the one unable to acknowledge supporting casts because you have no more legs to stand on.  Don’t be jealous that my highlights I’m in love with actually exists whereas your Smith highlights are far and few between even after 12 years.  

14 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

Yet the interior line was decimated and had people rotating in and out all season. That and Hunt was gone too yet you talk of a superior cast lol. I guess one thing one thing was superior at the QB position in Mahomes 

12 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

Ya one gave his team no chance and was horrible. The other brought his team back to take the lead under 2 min left in the game.  So ya not the same.

44 points, all offense, post-season. Mahomes didn't do that, despite a better supporting cast than Dwayne Bowe and one half with Donnie Avery.

12 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Your inability to fully present a fact is your flaw not mine.  You said supporting cast and provided one example and I debunked it using facts that you can’t argue.  Then you go strawman and ignore the fact because you have no more support for your nonexistent argument and grasp at just saying I’m the one unable to acknowledge supporting casts because you have no more legs to stand on.  Don’t be jealous that my highlights I’m in love with actually exists whereas your Smith highlights are far and few between even after 12 years.  

Not jealous. I pity you.

There's no straw man here. I've consistently argued that Smith made weak teams better than the sum of their parts. It was Mahomes who was gifted the Ferrari. Did he win a post-season game his defense didn't win for him? The answer is undeniably, No.

Smith has a post-season highlight: It's called The Catch III. He also had some solid plays in losing efforts. What's Mahomes' signature post-season play? Oh, he doesn't have one.

12 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yet the interior line was decimated and had people rotating in and out all season. That and Hunt was gone too yet you talk of a superior cast lol. I guess one thing one thing was superior at the QB position in Mahomes 

But Zach Fulton wasn't rotated into the mix. So Mahomes didn't have the worse supporting cast on offensive line.

As for Kareem Hunt, where would Smith's career had gone if he hadn't had the blessing of Hunt's presence since 2013?

7 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

But Zach Fulton wasn't rotated into the mix. So Mahomes didn't have the worse supporting cast on offensive line.

As for Kareem Hunt, where would Smith's career had gone if he hadn't had the blessing of Hunt's presence since 2013?

He did by far. He had a training camp pick up guy start at Center and you bring out Fulton? He had a 2nd and at times 3rd sting guys at guards too. Fail.

Same place it always went, one and done. He had one of the best run blocker lines with SF, a great running game and a great defense etc yet he could not get it done and they shipped him out to us. Could not get it done here as stated by even the coach saying rheybhad gone as far as they thought they were going to be with Smith and shipped him out. Every one sees it but you. Should you not be on the hogs haven board? I mean Smith is gone and Mahomes is here.

Also funny that you think if anyone was in there but Fulton that Smith would have thrown for 50 TDs and 5k yards lol. Smith's best year was his last here and he only had 27 was it? Also another one and done too.

Archived