Some rumors out there Chiefs trying to trade you know who

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Maclin never managed to be healthy at end of a season but Watkins missing almost 9 games does not matter? Stats show how Conley, Harris and Robinson had more catches and TDs than he did with Smith who had them for may more games as pointed out earlier. Go root on the Redskins and Smith. I believe you are the only one who would take Smith over Mahomes.

Watkins played relatively healthy in the post-season. There was the key difference.

Every other reference here is adequately explained by those other receivers having the benefit of an additional year of experience and a weaker cornerback in coverage thanks to the presence of Watkins.

11 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

Dude, Smith did not have good pass-blocking lines in San Francisco, and in the earlier days, the defense was hot garbage. By 2011, Smith had a strong run-blocking line, but the Ravens exposed backup guard Chilo Rachal to the tune of 9 sacks against Smith. You cite draft pedigree as a basis for evaluation (?), and while acknowledging that I don't agree with a lot of what PFF publishes, Austin Reiter graded out at above average, while Andrew Wylie was identified as average. The weakest, according to PFF, was Cameron Erving, who was also on the field too much during Smith's 2017 campaign.

When Smith was fighting from behind a porous line, he didn't have relevant go-to players if his first read was double-covered. Albert Wilson struggled with drops and getting open, while Demarcus Robinson could hardly be found. A lot changed with the arrival of Sammy Watkins. You choose not to acknowledge that.

Mahomes made the line better. They knew he could make out of a play. Why is it Fisher went to the pro bowl? Why is it these 2 average non drafted and one in the 7th round of practice squads looked good? Why is it you fail to acknowledge Watkins missing almost 9 games and Hunt was out for the playoffs and we did fine with a 3rd string rb? All the while Smith was sacked more and our line looked maybe average with a better line having Morse, LDT and such in it plus Hunt playing for him too?  You want to throw excuses around fine, but Mahomes still made it happen.

3 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

Before the broken leg, I thought Smith was the better long-term prospect.

Realistically, Smith may be done. He's spent his entire career paying for the sins of his front offices, coaches, and teammates, and after all of that, the pursuit of a Super Bowl wasn't worth what he's been through since November.

Isn't it a great QB's job to make those around him better?

Name ONE player that was better with Smith at QB than Mahomes.

Listen, I liked Smith too...  But to say he's in Mahomes's category is literally crazy.

1 minute ago, PhataLerror said:

Watkins played relatively healthy in the post-season. There was the key difference.

Every other reference here is adequately explained by those other receivers having the benefit of an additional year of experience and a weaker cornerback in coverage thanks to the presence of Watkins.

But but but the Qb was a 1st year starter lol

1 minute ago, PhataLerror said:

Laugh away. I don't regret my sincerity, and I don't have any serious misgivings about the basis for my opinion.

Enjoy 2019 football.

I will.  You're trolling, just admit it.  You know that literally NO ONE ON EARTH thinks Alex Smith is a better option at QB than Patrick Mahomes, right?

And, I'm not talking after the leg injury.  I'm talking even by week 8 of last year is was 100% obvious.

So, we're the dummies and you've got it all figured out, right?

lol

Just now, dksww said:

I will.  You're trolling, just admit it.  You know that literally NO ONE ON EARTH thinks Alex Smith is a better option at QB than Patrick Mahomes, right?

And, I'm not talking after the leg injury.  I'm talking even by week 8 of last year is was 100% obvious.

lol

I would love to see someone that said he was better by week 8 still.

3 minutes ago, dksww said:

lol

I think your view is superficial. I'll leave it at that.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Also where were you during the season Phatal? Weird we did not see when Mahomes was tearing up the league or even in losses or when we won a home game and advanced to the AFC championship etc?

I was just about the say the same thing.

Just now, PhataLerror said:

I think your view is superficial. I'll leave it at that.

uh huh.

Well, I'm no NFL expert, I'm only a fan for 30 years, but when every other team drools over your QB that makes me think he might be better than Alex Smith.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Also where were you during the season Phatal? Weird we did not see when mahimes was tearing up the league or even in losses or when we won a home game and advanced to the AFC championship etc?

I was on Arrowhead Pride. Do your homework.

Just now, PhataLerror said:

I was on Arrowhead Pride. Do your homework.

Lol, so why are you here now? Do my homework like I am supposed to follow a poster around. Might have to go check it out and see what was said then. I cant believe you were against Mahomes and saying Smith would have done better....

3 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

When Mahomes loses a playoff game his offense scores 44 points in, you'll have room to talk.

Are you only basing that off points scored?  He scored 51 and lost to the Rams.  Only team in NFL history to lose scoring 50+ points.

He lost a playoff game where his defense gave up 13/19 3rd down conversions and gave up 44 minutes of possession to the Patriots.  He scored 31 points in only 21 minutes of possession on offense.  

1 hour ago, PhataLerror said:

Fixed.

Career high TD catches for Conley, Robinson, Harris, Kelce, Hill, and Williams.  In fact MVPat threw TD passes to 12 different players (2 short of the NFL record) He even had his best friend from high school on the team and catch a few balls.

Watkins helped at times but with only 500 yards and 3 TDs his role as WR2 in our offense really took a hit because of the nagging for injuries that limited him to 52 targets. Most near the LOS. 

Again you just keep walking yourself into the greatness of MVPat.  Don’t worry. It’s easy to do.  He’s that good!

10 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Lol, so why are you here now? Do my homework like I am supposed to follow a poster around. Might have to go check it out and see what was said then. I cant believe you were against Mahomes and saying Smith would have done better....

I wouldn't argue that Smith would have produced Mahomes' stats. Mahomes' stats are a product of Mahomes' all-or-nothing approach to every down.

I would argue that Smith might have been able to put the 2018 Chiefs over the top, same as he might have won Super Bowls with the 49ers if not for an obscure backup special teamer named Kyle Williams in 2011 and Head Coach Jim Harbaugh's decision to keep Smith on the bench after recovering from a concussion suffered in 2012.

In all of your laughing, you probably haven't recalled that Smith actually has a winning record against Tom Brady. In fact, of any quarterback to play against Tom Brady at least three times, only Jake Plummer managed a better win-loss percentage than Smith. The Chiefs needed a quarterback that could help them beat the best team in the league, and Mahomes wasn't that quarterback. Not this year, anyway.

14 minutes ago, dksww said:

Are you only basing that off points scored?  He scored 51 and lost to the Rams.  Only team in NFL history to lose scoring 50+ points.

He lost a playoff game where his defense gave up 13/19 3rd down conversions and gave up 44 minutes of possession to the Patriots.  He scored 31 points in only 21 minutes of possession on offense.  

Throw the Rams game out: Mahomes was personally responsible for 14 of the Rams' points.

And in the case of the Patriots, Mahomes didn't sustain possessions. It's not just on the defense. I haven't absolved the defense, but Mahomes didn't do them any favors with a slow start and a bunch of incompletions.

2 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

Throw the Rams game out: Mahomes was personally responsible for 14 of the Rams' points.

that's funny, because an Alex Smith sack and fumble up 38-10 against the Colts led to a touchdown which started the rally.  It lost the game.

29 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

Before the broken leg, I thought Smith was the better long-term prospect.

Realistically, Smith may be done. He's spent his entire career paying for the sins of his front offices, coaches, and teammates, and after all of that, the pursuit of a Super Bowl wasn't worth what he's been through since November.

You thought Alex Smith at 34 years old was a better long term prospect than Patrick Mahomes? I mean there is almost no words to describe how naive this is.

Opinions by definition are inherently neither right or wrong. But this is kind of like me saying that "its my opinion that I can bench press a Volkswagen Jetta." Its just nuts.

He has got to be your brother, or you used to date him, or something to that affect. This just doesnt make sense. He does not have the field vision, the arm talent, the pocket presence, the composure under pressure, the "it factor", any of it.

Patrick Mahomes is in the conversation for best QB in football. Either you dont agree with that or you think Alex Smith pre injury was in that conversation.

Archived