Chiefs trade for DE from Browns

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2nd round pick in 2016 for a guy I doubt anyone here thought was even worthy of a roster spot. Solid value no matter what happens. Veach fleeced the Cowboys trading Parker Ehringer for Charvarius Ward straight up last year in a similiar move. 

Whether Ogbah is a player or not, I'm glad they are moving on from Murray. I felt he consistently got beat in coverage, took bad tackling angles and when he did get there, didn't tackle well. I remember Cook abusing him continuously in the Oakland game. I'm glad that this either 1) gives Lucas a chance to play, 2) gives Watts a chance to play or 3) allows a high draft pick a chance to play. I rule out Sorensen but I guess I shouldn't. I assume that TM will play more in the box which is where Sorensen is better served. He CAN"T play the deep middle; just not fast enough. I don't necessarily mind the Chiefs keeping him as a backup. He does play hard and will stick his helmet in there but he's just not talented enough to start (i.e., good ST player). I surmise he will get cut or traded as well based on his salary though. 

Good athlete..Ran a 4.63 at the combine.  Highly productive at Okie State with 17.5 tackles for loss his junior year. Book on him was raw and inconsistent which still seems to be the case...Interesting predraft player comparison...

Player Comparison: Tamba Hali. Ogbah is similar to Hali, and they are almost identical in size. Both are dangerous edge rushers who can win with strength or quickness. Hali (6-3, 275) is faster off the edge, but Ogbah has upside to develop. Hali was a late first-round pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, and Ogbah could go in the same range. 

just based on what Ogbah has done over the past 2 years vs what Murray has done this is a slam dunk trade.

I get that it's a back up for back up trade, but Eric Murray has been flat out awful and done pretty much nothing.  At least Ogbah has significant stats and playing time to fall back on.

I wouldn't even think someone would give us a washing machine for Murray :blink: We end up getting a decent depth guy with some potential. 

WIth Okafor also in town I'm guessing a couple DBs early in the draft followed up with a mid round DE from the deep class. 

41 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/emmanuel-ogbah-18980/

1.3 million against the cap this year. Maybe see how he does or another 1 year guy as we develop behind him. Good depth on the line. Let us go after CB early and then go after depth on the DL or even C/TE on offense?

Dorsey 101...He signed a 4th round pick to a deal where they now have to pay over 2 million in year four where we get essentially a first round pick for almost half that much. 

Just saw this. Here's Dorsey's draft classes by round and how many guys are left. This is Andy's team. 

1st round: 1 of 4 2nd round: 2 of 3 3rd round: 1 of 7 4th round: 1 of 7 5th round: 1 of 7 6th round: 2 of 8 7th round: 0 of 2

17 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I wouldn't even think someone would give us a washing machine for Murray :blink: We end up getting a decent depth guy with some potential. 

WIth Okafor also in town I'm guessing a couple DBs early in the draft followed up with a mid round DE from the deep class. 

I am going to push for Anthony Nelson in round 5 if he is there!

Archived