What is the weakness of Tanoh Kpassenough???

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 hours ago, Gil said:

I don’t think so. One of Sutton’s weaknesses was not playing young guys enough to develop or evaluate. I think Tanoh will be a stud given sufficient playing time. 

I agree.  Sutton did weird things with young guys and loved his vets 

Frankly I don't think Kpass had any value in 3-4. Never understood the pick as he could may be line up at DE putting on some weight but they always thought of him at OLB. May be they were contemplating a switch to 4-3 one year earlier but who knows.

I think it's a fresh start for him but the last 2 years of development probably had limited value.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Frankly I don't think Kpass had any value in 3-4. Never understood the pick as he could may be line up at DE putting on some weight but they always thought of him at OLB. May be they were contemplating a switch to 4-3 one year earlier but who knows.

I think it's a fresh start for him but the last 2 years of development probably had limited value.

Roster movement prior to this past season would suggest that the switch in schemes didn’t come about in the days after the afc championship. I very much believe that Veach and Reid had this mapped out a year ago. 

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

Roster movement prior to this past season would suggest that the switch in schemes didn’t come about in the days after the afc championship. I very much believe that Veach and Reid had this mapped out a year ago. 

Too bad they did not change coordinators then. 

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Too bad they did not change coordinators then. 

If they were high on Spags it makes sense as he wanted to stay away for a year. Nobody was expecting Mahomes to set the world on fire so they probably waited on Reid's guy while our rookie QB adjusted to being a starter in the NFL. I think Mahomes was the primary reason for the rapid overhaul of the defense as they are probably targeting a SB in 2020.

I actually liked Kpass in his lone rookie start, showed nice bend and agility but don't know how much of it is still there. Definitely a very strong guy looking at his college tape. IMO he's the sleeper for us this year and wouldn't be surprised if he ends up starting or gets cut in camp.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:56 PM, ChiefThunder said:

His weakness was playing the OLB position. He's a DE plain and simple. I don't know why we continued to draft college DE and convert them to OLB. Now that we're running a 43...we'll get to see what Kpass is about. 

That's a general issue for most 3-4 defensive fronts in the NFL. 

On 4/2/2019 at 3:33 AM, moons314 said:

I agree. Almost like we were giving this old guard on defense one last chance and that included the coaching staff before we move on. Almost the same thing as we did with Alex in 2017. Contract status and unwillingness to sign Dee Ford to a long term deal had to be weighing heavily on future plans. 

57 minutes ago, DieHard said:

He only got to start once since he came hear and had 2 sacks that day. He looked good. Not sure why he hasn’t been given more of a look. I think the 4-3 will help him and Speaks.

Agree. And likewise we had two good OLBs which limited KPass playing time since we were hell bent on playing him there. But fact Speaks got the snaps over him last year and reality I don't hear anyone thus far talking him up while I hear plenty about Speaks, is concerning. Its a huge offseason for him. He's gotta start at least flashing something tangible or we will have to face reality and consider cutting him. Having either Speaks or KPass emerge this year is really important for the 2019 defense to have a realistic chance to develop into something better than we had in 2018. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Agree. And likewise we had two good OLBs which limited KPass playing time since we were hell bent on playing him there. But fact Speaks got the snaps over him last year and reality I don't hear anyone thus far talking him up while I hear plenty about Speaks, is concerning. Its a huge offseason for him. He's gotta start at least flashing something tangible or we will have to face reality and consider cutting him. Having either Speaks or KPass emerge this year is really important for the 2019 defense to have a realistic chance to develop into something better than we had in 2018. 

Don't forget that for some reason Sutton was hell bent on playing Zombo too

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Don't forget that for some reason Sutton was hell bent on playing Zombo too

Yes, because it's much better to diagnose the play quickly and not be able to get there, than it is to be able to get there and not diagnose as quickly!!

37 minutes ago, the Warparty said:

Yes, because it's much better to diagnose the play quickly and not be able to get there, than it is to be able to get there and not diagnose as quickly!!

Or diagnose and then whiff on the tackle ala Zombo

6 hours ago, DieHard said:

He only got to start once since he came hear and had 2 sacks that day. He looked good. Not sure why he hasn’t been given more of a look. I think the 4-3 will help him and Speaks.

Isn't it possible that Kpass was in Sutton's doghouse for some unknown reason and just never got out?  It happens in all sports.  Most likely, Kpass just didn't respond to what the coaches wanted and hopefully, he can learn with one position and new coaching input.  Otherwise, he's history. 

9 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Isn't it possible that Kpass was in Sutton's doghouse for some unknown reason and just never got out?  It happens in all sports.  Most likely, Kpass just didn't respond to what the coaches wanted and hopefully, he can learn with one position and new coaching input.  Otherwise, he's history. 

Agreed. He has a defense that is a better fit for him and a new coach. If he can’t get playing time thus year, it’s time to let him go. I think he has s shot at breaking out as does Speaks. Hope so. 

Archived