810 Chiefs draft expert said

I wouldn't mind giving up a 2nd for a proven CB like Peterson but I doubt that's what they are talking about. Nevertheless day 1 starter at CB might cost us another pick as this is a very shallow class for impact players according to the "experts". 

Makes sense. A good young CB should upgrade overall group a little from 2018 with much more upside going forward. Also likely give us.3 rookie contracts for 3 more years allowing us to extend Fuller and perhaps add another free agent next season.  

I looked at who we’ve met with or worked out so far and position list is interesting. I think they want Kareem’s replacement in this draft and safety still has to be in play first as well  Oline is in every Andy draft but maybe more priority than I thought. We are looking at WRs but don’t seem to have urgency here which may mean something?

OLine - 13

RB - 11

Safety - 8

CB - 6

WR - 6

Edge - 5

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

Makes sense. A good young CB should upgrade overall group a little from 2018 with much more upside going forward. Also likely give us.3 rookie contracts for 3 more years allowing us to extend Fuller and perhaps add another free agent next season.  

I looked at who we’ve met with or worked out so far and position list is interesting. I think they want Kareem’s replacement in this draft and safety still has to be in play first as well  Oline is in every Andy draft but maybe more priority than I thought. We are looking at WRs but don’t seem to have urgency here which may mean something?

OLine - 13

RB - 11

Safety - 8

CB - 6

WR - 6

Edge - 5

I put a list on the NFL draft forum on the names we have met with so far. A lot of them are later round picks or undrafted agents so we get a good feel for those types we can invite as UDFA.

22 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I put a list on the NFL draft forum on the names we have met with so far. A lot of them are later round picks or undrafted agents so we get a good feel for those types we can invite as UDFA.

Makes sense. It’s not just about the positions we are meeting with but also the level of prospects.  We were all over the top RBs, safety’s and corners. 

I’m pretty sold if our guy is there we take a RB on day two.  Corner or safety that can cover in the nickel and dime seems most likely in the first. 

But our need for an Edge rusher is pretty big so a trade up could change dynamic  

2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Right now if I had to pick, the Chiefs are targeting Greedy Williams.

I posted the 2 round mock by kiper and mcshay for the Chiefs on the draft forum. Greedy was Mcshays pick for us round 1.

19 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Could Jachai be polite and fall to us in rd 2?

Kiper had Greedy and Polite to us. I said mcshay before but it was this

In review KIPER: CB Greedy Williams, C Elgton Jenkins, OLB Jachai Poilite

McSHAY: S, Johnathan Abram, CB David Long, DE Chase Winovich

14 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Kiper had Greedy and Polite to us. I said mcshay before but it was this

In review KIPER: CB Greedy Williams, C Elgton Jenkins, OLB Jachai Poilite

McSHAY: S, Johnathan Abram, CB David Long, DE Chase Winovich

Id take either, but prefer Kipers.

30 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The problem with McShay's picks is that Abram would be redundant since the Chiefs gave a big deal to Mathieu.  I also have some pretty big questions about David Long, but I do like the Winovich pick.

Kiper hits a lot of needs with BPA available it seems. I would not hate it at all.

1 minute ago, liquidfriend said:

Polite is a very big gamble, but I think he's the kind of gamble that Andy Reid would entertain.  The main thing I wonder with Polite is the fact that he's probably a tweener.

Yeah and we have drafted enough of those but If Spags wants him and can do what needs to be done with him then why not?

The Chiefs have Speaks, Okafor, Kpass, and Ogbah already and although they're not half of the Fearsome Foursome types, they fill spots better than the present roster does at CB, S, and LB.  I'm all for a top EDGE or DE, but don't see it as a top priority unless someone unexpectedly falls to them at #29.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

Yeah it was terrible.  Even with that I have him as the #1 corner in this class with my final rankings and feel the Chiefs will make a splash.

Yeah. I wouldn't bury a guy because of a bad combine. Film should be much more important. 

Veach is not a best player available kind of guy.  He finds players he really likes and then he makes moves to get them.  If he falls in love with someone and using a 2nd round pick would get us there, then he would absolutely trade up. 

1 hour ago, VIChiefsFan said:

Veach is not a best player available kind of guy.  He finds players he really likes and then he makes moves to get them.  If he falls in love with someone and using a 2nd round pick would get us there, then he would absolutely trade up. 

Good point. He will likely target a few positions and then have a short list of guys they want. Once they get into a situation where the list has been narrowed to one, he will try and go get that guy. I'm pretty sure he said that's why we traded up for Speaks last year. 

Archived