Mel kiper and mcshay 2 round picks

kkuenn

Neither one is optimal, IMHO.  Greedy doesn't impress me all and Abrams isn't the best safety expected to last to the end of the first round.  Not sure who they think would be available at picks #61 and #63, but it's to early to grab a C except for the top one.

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Neither one is optimal, IMHO.  Greedy doesn't impress me all and Abrams isn't the best safety expected to last to the end of the first round.  Not sure who they think would be available at picks #61 and #63, but it's to early to grab a C except for the top one.

I dont know, we drafted both Morse and Hudson out of the 2nd rounds and they did well for us.

37 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Point taken, but do the Chiefs really need to upgrade C as much as they need CB, LB, S, and TE? 

37 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Point taken, but do the Chiefs really need to upgrade C as much as they need CB, LB, S, and TE? 

Well his draft we did get LB and CB so if the center is BPA then I can see it.

1 hour ago, Chiefswinitall said:

ANY HISTORY on players with bad combines doing well in the NFL?    Throw out some name for me.

Tom Brady, Antonio Brown, Terrell Suggs, Joe Haden... I'm sure there's lots more.  

I like either one as realistic scenarios and would probably be happy with it depending on who else is on the board. I would prefer McShay's picks as he basically gives us 2 starters in the first 2 rounds and a solid rotational player that might start in 2020. However I think Greedy Williams might be the best prospect out of both mocks.

We generally enter the draft with high expectations but prospects with name recognition tend to be picked earlier than expected.

https://247sports.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/Article/Mel-Kiper-three-round-draft-Kansas-City-Chiefs-131081724/

This per Kiper would get us an A grade draft.

. Kiper's selections for the Chiefs are LSU cornerback Greedy Williams in Round 1 (pick 29); Mississippi State center Elgton Jenkins (pick 61) and Florida edge rusher Jachai Polite (pick 63) in Round 2; and Texas A&M running back Trayveon Williams in Round 3 (pick 92).

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/Article/Mel-Kiper-three-round-draft-Kansas-City-Chiefs-131081724/

This per Kiper would get us an A grade draft.

. Kiper's selections for the Chiefs are LSU cornerback Greedy Williams in Round 1 (pick 29); Mississippi State center Elgton Jenkins (pick 61) and Florida edge rusher Jachai Polite (pick 63) in Round 2; and Texas A&M running back Trayveon Williams in Round 3 (pick 92).

So the Chiefs wait until the fifth and sixth rounds to get a TE and S?

59 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So the Chiefs wait until the fifth and sixth rounds to get a TE and S?

Guess so, but we do need CB, DE, a Center (that one might be able to wait but if he is BPA...) and a RB, which we get in this. I do think we get a 1 year rental guy like Tre Boston or similar for S right after the draft is done. This way these new guys can learn and we get depth too.

Archived