Possible trade partner?

kkuenn

Lions looking to possibly trade down. Maybe for the right guy for us but I like what we have  ow in a deep class but what if we gave then our one of our 2nd next year and swapped first?

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 55m #Lions GM Bob Quinn (16:00) on RapSheet + Friends: “If I could move back a few spots, add a great player and a pick, that’d be great. … People out there listening, I’m open for business.” Plus, @MikeGarafolo , @TomPelissero and me break it down:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

what is their pick?

8th. Thinking kind of what we gave up for Mahomes but it would have to be a defensive guy that would be the same impact as mahomes was for the offense. Just throwing it out there is all

Josh Allen is the only guy I can see us wanting to move up to the top of rd 1 for, and I dont think he will be there at 8. I dont think Sweat is worth that kind of investment, and Gary would be a reach at 8. As far as corners at 8 not as single one of them is worth 8 overall.

Outside pass rusher and corner I dont feel like theres a positiin the Chiefs would want or need to move 21 spots for.

There's no player at #8 worth giving up next year's #1 plus more.  My ideal scenario would be to go the other way.  For example, trade #29 for #47 and #81.  The Chiefs could still get a probable starter at CB without the reach, and the extra third round pick could fill the need at TE, LB, S, RB, WR, C, or OG.  Five picks in the first three rounds excite me more than moving up and paying for it in the future.  Even staying at #29 will give the Chiefs a good player.  Every mock I've seen has someone useful falling that far.  

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

There's no player at #8 worth giving up next year's #1 plus more.  My ideal scenario would be to go the other way.  For example, trade #29 for #47 and #81.  The Chiefs could still get a probable starter at CB without the reach, and the extra third round pick could fill the need at TE, LB, S, RB, WR, C, or OG.  Five picks in the first three rounds excite me more than moving up and paying for it in the future.  Even staying at #29 will give the Chiefs a good player.  Every mock I've seen has someone useful falling that far.  

If Nick Bosa somehow slipped to 8, I wouldn't even think twice about making that move.

I'm against trading up.  If anything,  I would want to trade down out of 29 into the top 10 of the 2nd round and pick up a 2019 4th or 3rd(if possible) for the switch.

3 2nds

2 3rds or

1 3rd

1 4th

5th

2 6ths

7th

I'm not so sure the trade up and get a top 15 player is the best route for the Chiefs.  We kinda need depth on offense and defense so I wouldn't mind more picks to load the roster with.  We need help on offense for depth.  Not much to write home about for depth at WR and TE

37 minutes ago, dksww said:

I'm against trading up.  If anything,  I would want to trade down out of 29 into the top 10 of the 2nd round and pick up a 2019 4th or 3rd(if possible) for the switch.

3 2nds

2 3rds or

1 3rd

1 4th

5th

2 6ths

7th

I'm not so sure the trade up and get a top 15 player is the best route for the Chiefs.  We kinda need depth on offense and defense so I wouldn't mind more picks to load the roster with.  We need help on offense for depth.  Not much to write home about for depth at WR and TE

Haven't checked the draft trade chart lately, but I think the #29 would be worth about #47 and #80.  That would be the 15th picks in the second and third rounds.  The Chiefs need depth at some positions, but I'm more focused on starters or potential starters at CB, TE, S, RB, and LB.  Having five picks on the first two days would be gold.  If a top EDGE or DL drops to #29, or even on the the Iowa TEs, then use the pick.  Otherwise, assuming the top three CBs are gone, trade down.  Not much would be lost by waiting for a DB or LB by slipping 15 or 17 picks and the extra third could net a good player with starting potential.  That's my preference. 

I see us more likely to trade back than up...  we have some firepower, 2 seconds isnt toy change but.. our 1st is almost a second, and our native 2nd is almost a third.. 

i could see us trading our first, for a second and early third..  pretty easily..  what will be there.. i am not smart enough to predict that deep in the draft... most i have ever done.. is 15 deep..

its not just the value chart, but value to the team that come into play.. i love the draft people who say you should do this.. without indepth study of the coaches and what kind of players they prefer at various positions... just because a guy is good, doesnt mean he is a good fit.

I'm all for trading up if it makes sense.  The Chiefs have the best QB in the NFL so they don't have to plug every single hole.  Heck, they almost went to the SB with a sack of dicks for a Defense.

The trades just need to make sense.  Losing your mind over Breeland Speaks and Derrick Nnadi really didn't fit the bill, so Veach needs to be better prepared for the draft.

This is a strange draft.  We could probably agree on at least 15 of the top 20 to be taken, but after that it's all over the place.  I'm amazed at the number of mocks that have very good players slipping to #29 while others have the same player in the top 15.  Players slotted at the end of the first round in some mocks are late seconds in others.  It's always a little that way, but this year seem less predictable than any in the recent past.

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

This is a strange draft.  We could probably agree on at least 15 of the top 20 to be taken, but after that it's all over the place.  I'm amazed at the number of mocks that have very good players slipping to #29 while others have the same player in the top 15.  Players slotted at the end of the first round in some mocks are late seconds in others.  It's always a little that way, but this year seem less predictable than any in the recent past.

My hope is this means it is a very talented draft in what is essentially our needs. Teams will reach for QBs as an example because there is only so many which allows very talented players, especially defensive, to fall to us. Like many said trading back would not be to bad to pick up a 2nd and 4th round or whatever pick. Imagine having 5 top 100 picks then if it worked out that way?

Archived