Grunny on 810 just said

That he believes  that Spags  wants to get older guys to play/win right now which is supported by the FA signings so far..using the logic that young player get you fired but  all along  develop younger ones . He also believes we'll see a Center drafted 

We may draft a Center, but it isn't going to be in the first 4 rounds. 

The guys the Chiefs signed aren't THAT old.  They're still around 27 years old.   The Chiefs are going to use the draft to get more depth on offense and defense IMO.

22 minutes ago, Balto said:

Just tells me that Veach is gonna trade for Peterson or Ramsey muahaha

it certainly would point that way to a dreamer.. Ramsey is just too much of a hot potato for my tastes and Person's price too high. That being said I hope something for someone is in the works

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

it certainly would point that way to a dreamer.. Ramsey is just too much of a hot potato for my tastes and Person's price too high. That being said I hope something for someone is in the works

I am a dreamer when it comes to trade...so maybe a more realistic trade is a guy like Xavior Rhodes from Viks

3 hours ago, Balto said:

Just tells me that Veach is gonna trade for Peterson or Ramsey muahaha

Probably strike Peterson off that list. According to an interview I heard from a writer who covers the Cards....they have no intention of trading Peterson. Peterson made no secret he wanted traded. A lot of that had to do with the coach at the time. They fired him. They want Peterson to be one of the leaders of the new regime. The only way they trade him is if some desperate team comes calling and offers a stupid, crazy offer. Multiple draft picks plus a starting offensive lineman. Something along those lines. Really? Is Peterson worth that? Not in my mind.

The one facet about Veach that concerns me is his penchant to give up value to get what he wants. Many thought he reached in his draft moves last year. Moving up to get players many thought would be there even without the move. True? Maybe yes maybe no. But it is a label that is starting to stick more with each deal. For example, do you believe if we had gone after say Antonio Brown that Veach could have struck the same deal as the Raiders (a 3rd and a 5th rd pick?). Not likely. He is not a shrewd dealer. He knows what he wants and he gets it and is willing to pay a premium. There is some merit to that if you are vying for a Conference title on a regular basis. At what point does that kind of dealing come back to bite you in the behind?

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

They haven't made a bunch of signings to really make me think Spags is favoring a veteran Defense. 

Agree. We've replaced our own veterans with cheaper younger ones at most of the spots. Bridge type players rather than core guys other than Mathieu. But if Spags does want more veterans then the 1 year deal types that come after draft day may be in play. Or certainly a trade(s). We know Veach is very aggressive and not afraid to make deals. 

Simply says that a trade is always on the table which makes sense. Can't fix the entire defense with rookies. At this point another OC in the mix is not a surprise, we won't be entering the season with one OC and if they don't like what we have at the youngsters it's basically a must. I don't expect anything early though.

At this point we could fill almost every need with one year stop gaps if necessary.   We are a SB contender as it stands now and what offensive player wouldn't want a chance to play in our O for one year and reenter FA.  Defense is going to have a lot of opportunities to improve and with an offense as potent as ours will provide a lot of opportunities to shine.   Obviously we don't want to fill all our holes with stop gaps and we have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds that can go a long way towards filling those holes.   Still I think packing a pick or two for a proven stud in the secondary makes our back end go from meh to potentially very good.

20 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

They haven't made a bunch of signings to really make me think Spags is favoring a veteran Defense. 

I agree.  You need some experience at certain positions, but the hiring of those top coaches to train guys and the signings so far mean to me that they are going for a young, fast, agressive defense that flies around the field and uses a lot of deceptive looks and blitzes.  That is the total opposite of what we have had and exactly what I want to see.  Even those "old" guys are 27, for Gods' Sakes.  That's six years younger than my youngest son.  Jeez. With our offense, all we need is one more three and out per game.

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I agree.  You need some experience at certain positions, but the hiring of those top coaches to train guys and the signings so far mean to me that they are going for a young, fast, agressive defense that flies around the field and uses a lot of deceptive looks and blitzes.  That is the total opposite of what we have had and exactly what I want to see.  Even those "old" guys are 27, for Gods' Sakes.  That's six years younger than my youngest son.  Jeez. With our offense, all we need is one more three and out per game.

yeo

• 2 weeks later...

22 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

The Chiefs are going after DE Frank Clark.IMO.

Think so too. Seattle needs the cap relief, needs picks etc. Time to pick him up for the cheap and get him and Jones extended asap. Then go after Fuller and Hill after season with all our cap.

16 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Think so too. Seattle needs the cap relief, needs picks etc. Time to pick him up for the cheap and get him and Jones extended asap. Then go after Fuller and Hill after season with all our cap.

Do we really want another TROUBLED DOMESTIC ABUSER on the Chiefs?  What is going on with the Chiefs?  Are we trying to become the Oakland Raiders of old?

Here is just one of many references, this one from the time he was under draft consideration.  There are others since. 

https://thelandryhat.com/2015/04/07/should-the-dallas-cowboys-risk-drafting-troubled-de-frank-clark/

Domestic abuse,  being dumb and took a laptop and driving while suspended was it? Now I dont like the abuse but the other stuff is just stupid shit. Has he done anything big since being in the NFL? Has he kept clean and matured etc. That are things they will look at but I can tell you I did some stupid shit in my life too, not abuse though. If I was never given a 2nd chance I would not have completed 25 years if service and retired. It all depends on what a person does with his or her life even after making mistakes. Not condoning abuse ever but what has he done since then to better himself etc?

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Do we really want another TROUBLED DOMESTIC ABUSER on the Chiefs?  What is going on with the Chiefs?  Are we trying to become the Oakland Raiders of old?

Here is just one of many references, this one from the time he was under draft consideration.  There are others since. 

https://thelandryhat.com/2015/04/07/should-the-dallas-cowboys-risk-drafting-troubled-de-frank-clark/

From what one Chiefs beat writer said yesterday, the answer is no.  He said he knew for a fact Veach wouldn’t have drafted Peters and that he has a much different attitude about troubled players than Dorsey. That said every situation is different.  

4 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

well lets see .. super Bowl appearances  compared to the Chiefs.. Championships are not won by  choir boys.. you cant name me one

Looks like Seattle wants a 1st rounder for Frank.

Would y’all trade our first for a proven young pass rusher?

From just a purely football standpoint I would.  He’s 25-26 and has averaged at least 10 sacks a year the past 3 years.  We probably aren’t finding a guy like that at our pick.    Would love to package a second this year and next year for him though instead 

Archived