Offensive Line Pass Blocking Efficiency-PFF

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

They're going to be gone by 29 and if they trade up to make that move, it'd be an ungodly bad move by Veach.  

Disagree.  Oh wait you said move up...

Meh I would take one of the Iowa boys if they fell to us.  Even Fant is a good move blocker, which Andy could work with.  

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

They're going to be gone by 29 and if they trade up to make that move, it'd be an ungodly bad move by Veach.  

No way they would move up to get a TE. At least I hope not. I'd be okay if Veach moved up for an elite level edge rusher as there seems to be a few. Some would say corner but who is the best corner? Some have Williams, Some say Murphy. Not sure either is elite enough to give up major draft capital for.

34 minutes ago, dhitter said:

No way they would move up to get a TE. At least I hope not. I'd be okay if Veach moved up for an elite level edge rusher as there seems to be a few. Some would say corner but who is the best corner? Some have Williams, Some say Murphy. Not sure either is elite enough to give up major draft capital for.

If your draft board had a tight end listed as your 9th best player and he’s sitting there at 25 with a team that needs a TE coming up before you.  Wouldn’t you make that value move?   Obviously that’s highly unlikely here but I’m asking theoretically. . 

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

If your draft board had a tight end listed as your 9th best player and he’s sitting there at 25 with a team that needs a TE coming up before you.  Wouldn’t you make that value move?   Obviously that’s highly unlikely here but I’m asking theoretically. . 

I would certainly consider it.  There's no way veach will have 29 players with first round grades.  Of course it depends on what else is there.

Andy and Pat would do some badass shit with 12 personnel sets.  Would also scheme proof us a bit and not to mention help in the event that either the starter gets hurt or there's fire in the tyreek situation.  

That said, this is a deep tight end draft so if there's value at oline or defense I think you have to go there.

4 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Fant will be overdrafted for sure and Hock will be gone 

Fant might actually fit us very well as he can play the Y better than people think and is a hell of a flex or big slot option.  

I really think we need some receivers out of this draft.  They may want to dump Sammy's salary before 2020, and you know it takes receivers 3 years to get up to speed in this offense.   With the Tyreek situation, it's just starting to make a lot of sense.  

Yes we need defense but this offense needs some love too.

On 4/11/2019 at 7:35 AM, xen said:

Fant might actually fit us very well as he can play the Y better than people think and is a hell of a flex or big slot option.  

I really think we need some receivers out of this draft.  They may want to dump Sammy's salary before 2020, and you know it takes receivers 3 years to get up to speed in this offense.   With the Tyreek situation, it's just starting to make a lot of sense.  

Fant will go in the Top 15.  But yeah, I've long advocated for some receiver help.

Sammy aside, they lost 2 WR's this offseason and have replaced them with nothing.  When Sammy misses his usual 6 weeka, DRob is your #2. It's a problem.

29 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Fant will go in the Top 15.  But yeah, I've long advocated for some receiver help.

Sammy aside, they lost 2 WR's this offseason and have replaced them with nothing.  When Sammy misses his usual 6 weeka, DRob is your #2. It's a problem.

Are you really trying to worry about losing Conley,  DAT?/Benjamin?.... really? 

The 3 of those guys had 5TDs last. Robinson had 4 TD. 

We already have Sammie Coates and byron pringle to replace those 3 hall of famers you are worrying about. And we haven't even had the draft yet. 

You're worried about losing Chris Conley.... ha ha ha

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Are you really trying to worry about losing Conley,  DAT?/Benjamin?.... really? 

The 3 of those guys had 5TDs last. Robinson had 4 TD. 

We already have Sammie Coates and byron pringle to replace those 3 hall of famers you are worrying about. And we haven't even had the draft yet. 

You're worried about losing Chris Conley.... ha ha ha

Uh, no.  I've long said Chris Conley is overrated as hell and they should let him walk.  Nice try on that terribad theory you had though.

The WR depth chart is ass.

3 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

What happened to 'Mahomes makes receivers great again'?

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Uh, no.  I've long said Chris Conley is overrated as hell and they should let him walk.  Nice try on that terribad theory you had though.

The WR depth chart is ass.

Well I guess you meant something else than what I read.  

Whatever

47 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Colin Kaepernick 

I would give you a serious answer, but I can't put actual effort into responding to a gimmicky poster.  So, Colin Kaepernick.

Gimmicky like a shovel pass for a touchdown completion?

You fly the flag for Mahomes, but now that your guy might be having to throw more than a handful of passes to Robinson, you're a little uncomfortable. As you should be.

Blaine Gabbert. Because Kaepernick was that bad.

11 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

Gimmicky like a shovel pass for a touchdown completion?

You fly the flag for Mahomes, but now that your guy might be having to throw more than a handful of passes to Robinson, you're a little uncomfortable. As you should be.

Blaine Gabbert. Because Kaepernick was that bad.

And Alex was benched for David Carr lmao

WE WANT CARR WE WANT CARR WE WANT CARR

7 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

What happened to 'Mahomes makes receivers great again'?

Every receiver had more TDs last year than they ever had in their careers with Mahomes. A lot had career years in receiving or receptions, not all though as that would be very hard to do on any team. Kelce and Hill had their best years. Robinson, Harris, Conley etc all had career best TDs. Hunt did his best in 10 games easily in reception TDs etc

All from a rookie qb in year 1 and not all were those shovel passes either. Funny you say this but it was Smith who brought the shovel pass to KC and who helped it become part of the offense etc. Gimmicky still or just easy for a QB who did not like throwing the long ball? Dont let facts though get in the way.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article175193366.html

On 4/11/2019 at 7:35 AM, xen said:

Don’t disagree with the premise, but Tyreek had a hell of a sophomore season with the Chiefs and I don’t think he’s a rocket scientist. If you can play Reid will get production out of a receiver in year 1 or 2. 

3 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Don’t disagree with the premise, but Tyreek had a hell of a sophomore season with the Chiefs and I don’t think he’s a rocket scientist. If you can play Reid will get production out of a receiver in year 1 or 2. 

Actually, Reid has said the kid is really smart. On multiple occasions.

maybe just when it comes to football.

9 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

And Alex was benched for David Carr lmao

WE WANT CARR WE WANT CARR WE WANT CARR

Mike Singletary and Jim Harbaugh were benched for Jim Tomsula. Every head coach responsible for benching Smith lost their job before the lapse of three seasons. Not every benching proves to be a good one.

1 minute ago, PhataLerror said:

Mike Singletary and Jim Harbaugh were benched for Jim Tomsula. Every head coach responsible for benching Smith lost their job before the lapse of three seasons. Not every benching proves to be a good one.

Colin Kaepernick is a better QB than Alex Smith.  

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Every receiver had more TDs last year than they ever had in their careers with Mahomes. A lot had career years in receiving or receptions, not all though as that would be very hard to do on any team. Kelce and Hill had their best years. Robinson, Harris, Conley etc all had career best TDs. Hunt did his best in 10 games easily in reception TDs etc

All from a rookie qb in year 1 and not all were those shovel passes either. Funny you say this but it was Smith who brought the shovel pass to KC and who helped it become part of the offense etc. Gimmicky still or just easy for a QB who did not like throwing the long ball? Dont let facts though get in the way.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article175193366.html

Every receiver did more because they were slotted one spot back on the depth chart thanks to having Watkins on the roster. Hill was running against the second-best cornerback. Conley was running against the third-best cornerback. Robinson was running against the fourth-best. It's not as if they were more productive because Reid's offense was being crisply executed by design, on time.

Smith had the best deep throwing Passer Rating in 2017, without the luxury of an additional year of development, and without a premiere wide receiver on the field to draw away coverage.

Don't let facts get in the way, though.

Archived