Offensive Line Pass Blocking Efficiency-PFF

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

Every receiver did more because they were slotted one spot back on the depth chart thanks to having Watkins on the roster. Hill was running against the second-best cornerback. Conley was running against the third-best cornerback. Robinson was running against the fourth-best. It's not as if they were more productive because Reid's offense was being crisply executed by design, on time.

Smith had the best deep throwing Passer Rating in 2017, without the luxury of an additional year of development, and without a premiere wide receiver on the field to draw away coverage.

Don't let facts get in the way, though.

Lol funny because Watkins played in 8 full games and we lost Hunt too. Dont let those facts along with losing your starting center, RG and LG in the season all the while throwing for more yards, more TDs and taking less sacks.

Mahomes also had more YPA, rating, QBR etc. Mahomes did very well with his long ball and everyone did well in the offense with or without Watkins who seems to be your go to crutch guy on why Mahomes is better lol

Everyone knows Smith had one career year in 2017. This is why we sold high and fleeced the Redskins. We did not go down in anything for Mahomes taking over. We actually went up in other areas too even though the defense got worse like wins, playoff wins, seeding etc all facts. 

Also fact that Smith in his best career year had 26 TDs, 4042 yards and averaged just 269 ypg, and 4 games of 300 yard plus. Mahomes had 10 such games and averaged 318.5 ypg. The next year, Smith, prior to injury he was on pace for a 16 td and 8 int season.

We did well selling high on him.

13 hours ago, kkuenn said:

We did well selling high on him.

Only if you get the Super Bowl win. And if that doesn't happen before the rookie contract ends, well, that's where almost every argument favoring Mahomes over Smith goes out the window.

You can't argue for Mahomes without citing stats. There's a reason for that. The tape shows an unsteady player prone to inconsistent execution.

But if in your mind you've won this argument, know I'm unconvinced by your game flow- and supporting cast-colored "facts". Go to sleep happy. I will.

6 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

Only if you get the Super Bowl win. And if that doesn't happen before the rookie contract ends, well, that's where almost every argument favoring Mahomes over Smith goes out the window.

You can't argue for Mahomes without citing stats. There's a reason for that. The tape shows an unsteady player prone to inconsistent execution.

But if in your mind you've won this argument, know I'm unconvinced by your game flow- and supporting cast-colored "facts". Go to sleep happy. I will.

Unbelievable.....without citing stats lol. What are we suppose to cite then? Hmm? Mahomes is the youngest MVP. He is 10 plus years younger than Smith. He has as many playoff wins as Smith did in 5 years here. He won us a home playoff game. He took us to the AFC Championship. We had the best record with him at QB this year. He has a better arm, better vision as he keeps his head down field, better play making ability as seen so far. I mean I am sure there are plenty of more non stat facts out there lol. Why are you even back on this board? Should you not be following Redskins now or is this what we can expect if Smith does retire?

54 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Unbelievable.....without citing stats lol. What are we suppose to cite then? Hmm? Mahomes is the youngest MVP. He is 10 plus years younger than Smith. He has as many playoff wins as Smith did in 5 years here. He won us a home playoff game. He took us to the AFC Championship. We had the best record with him at QB this year. He has a better arm, better vision as he keeps his head down field, better play making ability as seen so far. I mean I am sure there are plenty of more non stat facts out there lol. Why are you even back on this board? Should you not be following Redskins now or is this what we can expect if Smith does retire?

He is just here to troll.  Ignore him and he’ll go away.

No one except Skins’ fans and him care about AS anymore.  

15 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Mahomes indeed has a stronger arm. I'll give you 110% of that. We'll see how well he keeps his head down field when he's been hit hard a few times. (It's funny that that element comes up specifically in a thread about Pffft's high ranking of the Chiefs' offensive line.) Smith had plenty of made plays, but again, he was working with a vastly inferior receiver corps.

You don't want to acknowledge supporting cast, and I refuse to argue in a vacuum. There's nothing more to say.

21 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

Mahomes indeed has a stronger arm. I'll give you 110% of that. We'll see how well he keeps his head down field when he's been hit hard a few times. (It's funny that that element comes up specifically in a thread about Pffft's high ranking of the Chiefs' offensive line.) Smith had plenty of made plays, but again, he was working with a vastly inferior receiver corps.

You don't want to acknowledge supporting cast, and I refuse to argue in a vacuum. There's nothing more to say.

Vastly inferior? Who had the healthier o line? Watkins was the only different receiver and he did not play much other than 8 full games and Smith had Hunt the whole year too. Mahomes also does not have happy feet and took shots to make the plays when needed. He was just as good in or out of the pocket.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Vastly inferior? Who had the healthier o line? Watkins was the only different receiver and he did not play much other than 8 full games and Smith had Hunt the whole year too. Mahomes also does not have happy feet and took shots to make the plays when needed. He was just as good in or out of the pocket.

Smith was 5-0 with Conley, and without Watkins for any games. Don't misrepresent the difference between the lines, either: Patrick Mahomes never played a snap behind Zach Fulton.

Hunt? Get out of here. Smith helped Spencer Ware get a contract. The guy's unsigned as of today.

"Took shots" to wide open guys who had been running through secondaries for six seconds because the offensive line helped Mahomes that much. Smith "took shots" in 2017.

Let's get this straight: Mahomes is coming out of his 'grace period'. He's going to have less to work with on offense, and less defense than before, but his opponents will have more tape. I know you want to turn a blind eye to all of the things about Mahomes that actually aren't good; lots of Chiefs fans are in the same place. If you don't want to listen to the voice of reason now, maybe you'll listen later.

9 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

Smith was 5-0 with Conley, and without Watkins for any games. Don't misrepresent the difference between the lines, either: Patrick Mahomes never played a snap behind Zach Fulton.

Hunt? Get out of here. Smith helped Spencer Ware get a contract. The guy's unsigned as of today.

"Took shots" to wide open guys who had been running through secondaries for six seconds because the offensive line helped Mahomes that much. Smith "took shots" in 2017.

Let's get this straight: Mahomes is coming out of his 'grace period'. He's going to have less to work with on offense, and less defense than before, but his opponents will have more tape. I know you want to turn a blind eye to all of the things about Mahomes that actually aren't good; lots of Chiefs fans are in the same place. If you don't want to listen to the voice of reason now, maybe you'll listen later.

Jesus you are truly biased. Mahomes played 8 games with him. He did not have LDT, did not have Morse, did not have a LG at times due to injury and all you come back with is Fulton? Mahomes did not have Hunt at the end either and played in the playoffs with his 3rd/4th string RBs! Mahomes already had less on defense as they were worse last year than the year before with Smith. Reid was quoted on saying the below statement..... funny a coach saying this who I would believe over you.

BJ KisselVerified account @ChiefsReporter 11m11 minutes ago

“There’s a great challenge for you.” - #Chiefs coach Andy Reid on Patrick Mahomes heading into his second season, explaining that DC’s have had an entire offseason to try and figure out how to slow down the MVP.

5-0 start and then finished 5-6, you seem to forget that along with another first round playoff exit. Voice of reason? You are the only one saying this pretty much on this board, kind of funny really.

Btw, he made Fisher a pro bowler by his skills not to take sacks, creat plays and keep the play going. He did not have happy feet that led to a fetal position for a sack. Notice sacks went down with Mahomes, even as his first year starting.

No idea why you are here defending a player that is on the Skins. Maybe go back to hoghaven?

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Voice of reason? You are the only one saying this pretty much on this board, kind of funny really.

But where is Kaepernick today? And he took the 49ers down with him. My positions may be lonely, but they're not without precedent.

Believe what you want to believe.

7 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

But where is Kaepernick today? And he took the 49ers down with him. My positions may be lonely, but they're not without precedent.

Fortunately for you, the board rules prohibit me from calling you an idiot. 

16 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

No one cares about Kaep. If you think he is anything like Mahomes than this conversation is done.

11 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

Pretty laughable. We played a quarter of the season with three backups on the oline  including a center with one career start we picked up off the street.  We played the last 5 games without the NFLs leading rusher and in fact started a third stringer after Ware got hurt in his first game as the starter. Complimentary guys like D Robinson, D Harris, C Conley all had career seasons and made big clutch late plays largely missing in Smith era.  And of course our elite 1A guys Tyreek Hill and Kelce crushed their career highs and dominated especially so when Watkins was out  there contributing only 300 yards because he was almost never healthy  

Sacks dropped by 30 percent, scoring was up by 20 percent, third down conversions, red zone efficiency, ypp all way up. And despite playing a more difficult schedule and playing behind the worst defense in franchise history we also won 2 more games.  And yikes  An actual home playoff win   

Thanks MVPat.  And thank you for playing 😂 

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Pretty laughable. We played a quarter of the season with three backups on the oline  including a center with one career start we picked up off the street.  We played the last 5 games without the NFLs leading rusher and in fact started a third stringer after Ware got hurt in his first game as the starter. Complimentary guys like D Robinson, D Harris, C Conley all had career seasons and made big clutch late plays largely missing in Smith era.  And of course our elite 1A guys Tyreek Hill and Kelce crushed their career highs and dominated especially so when Watkins was out  there contributing only 300 yards because he was almost never healthy  

Sacks dropped by 30 percent, scoring was up by 20 percent, third down conversions, red zone efficiency, ypp all way up. And despite playing a more difficult schedule and playing behind the worst defense in franchise history we also won 2 more games.  And yikes  An actual home playoff win   

Thanks MVPat.  And thank you for playing 😂 

I think one of the things that impressed me most about Mahomes was his consistency.  I always felt he gave us a better chance to win a Super Bowl than Smith, but I was afraid he might cost us some games with mistakes in the regular season that Smith probably would have won.  But week in and week out he was just professional.  All of our losses were "good losses", losses to quality teams and mostly on the road.  Two of the losses were close road losses to the eventual super bowl teams, and we were competitive every single week.  I was really happy to see him not lose focus in the regular season.  That was probably my biggest concern with him going into last season. 

13 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I think one of the things that impressed me most about Mahomes was his consistency.  I always felt he gave us a better chance to win a Super Bowl than Smith, but I was afraid he might cost us some games with mistakes in the regular season that Smith probably would have won.  But week in and week out he was just professional.  All of our losses were "good losses", losses to quality teams and mostly on the road.  Two of the losses were close road losses to the eventual super bowl teams, and we were competitive every single week.  I was really happy to see him not lose focus in the regular season.  That was probably my biggest concern with him going into last season. 

Well said and pretty remarkable for a 23 year old who came into the season with one career start. The kid is just mature beyond his years.  You were not beating the Chiefs last year if you didn’t score at least 30 points. Hard to believe we were only a year removed from a quarter of our games where we never scored more than 17.  

On 4/16/2019 at 10:11 AM, reesebobby said:

But week in and week out he was just professional.  All of our losses were "good losses", losses to quality teams and mostly on the road. 

I recall a 12-4 season for the Chiefs during Smith's tenure, and I recall "good losses" in the post-season to the Patriots, Steelers, and Colts. The Titans loss was pathetic, but people have already drawn their lines over that one, and will never change their minds because bias.

11 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

I recall a 12-4 season for the Chiefs during Smith's tenure, and I recall "good losses" in the post-season to the Patriots, Steelers, and Colts. The Titans loss was pathetic, but people have already drawn their lines over that one, and will never change their minds because bias.

Pats loss wasn't a good one, they dominated us all game long, we just didn't let them score a lot. Steelers was a terrible loss as most competent QBs would be able to win that game. In short WTF is a good loss?

9 hours ago, PhataLerror said:

"Good loss" in the postseason against the Colts?? That was a HISTORIC meltdown. 

Alex was not a bad QB.  But he was never a GREAT quarterback, either.  He was Chad Pennington.  Accurate, didn't make mistakes, but also couldn't elevate his team.

You are just trolling, because I refuse to believe that anyone could believe the crap that you continue to roll out.  Either that, or you have a massive man-crush. 

1 hour ago, Joe_Chief said:

Alex was not a bad QB.  But he was never a GREAT quarterback, either.  He was Chad Pennington.  Accurate, didn't make mistakes, but also couldn't elevate his team.

You are just trolling, because I refuse to believe that anyone could believe the crap that you continue to roll out.  Either that, or you have a massive man-crush. 

It is the man crush. He did this on the Redskins board too

12 hours ago, sith13 said:

Pats loss wasn't a good one, they dominated us all game long, we just didn't let them score a lot. Steelers was a terrible loss as most competent QBs would be able to win that game. In short WTF is a good loss?

6 hours ago, Joe_Chief said:

"Good loss" was reesebobby's term, not mine.

On 4/16/2019 at 10:11 AM, reesebobby said:

All of our losses were "good losses", losses to quality teams and mostly on the road.  Two of the losses were close road losses to the eventual super bowl teams...

In 2017, the Alex Smith and the Chiefs opened their season to beat both of the teams that played in the Super Bowl later that year. Apparently a "good loss" is worth more than a win of any sort if the quarterback involved is flinging the football around with reckless abandon.

I didn't come up with the dumb double-standards. I just point them out. It's funny how many people criticize Alex Smith for the Colts' loss in the 2013 post-season, but absolve Mahomes of his share of the blame in 2018. Because bias.

37 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

"Good loss" was reesebobby's term, not mine.

In 2017, the Alex Smith and the Chiefs opened their season to beat both of the teams that played in the Super Bowl later that year. Apparently a "good loss" is worth more than a win of any sort if the quarterback involved is flinging the football around with reckless abandon.

I didn't come up with the dumb double-standards. I just point them out. It's funny how many people criticize Alex Smith for the Colts' loss in the 2013 post-season, but absolve Mahomes of his share of the blame in 2018. Because bias.

And then they lost to the 1-8 Giants, the Raiders, the Bills and the Jets.  Those were bad losses that cost us in terms of playoff seeding.  You're not going to win 16 games generally.  You have to win the games you should.  Mahomes did not have any losses like those.  It's not a double standard, it's just how it is. 

Archived