Offensive Line Pass Blocking Efficiency-PFF

4 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

And then they lost to the 1-8 Giants, the Raiders, the Bills and the Jets.  Those were bad losses that cost us in terms of playoff seeding.  You're not going to win 16 games generally.  You have to win the games you should.  Mahomes did not have any losses like those.  It's not a double standard, it's just how it is. 

So a win is not a win, but a loss is a loss, except when Mahomes was quarterback.

You've lost.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PhataLerror said:

So a win is not a win, but a loss is a loss, except when Mahomes was quarterback.

You've lost.

No.  There are good wins.  And the Pats and Eagles were good wins.  But you can't shit the bed against the Giants just because you beat the Patriots.  That's how you get to 10-6, the 4 seed and a one and done home loss against the Titans.  Rather than 12-4,  the 1 seed and AFCCG.

You've lost. 

3 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

No.  There are good wins.  And the Pats and Eagles were good wins.  But you can't shit the bed against the Giants just because you beat the Patriots.  That's how you get to 10-6, the 4 seed and a one and done home loss against the Titans.  Rather than 12-4,  the 1 seed and AFCCG.

You've lost. 

So, like I said: You redefine a loss according to your bias. The Chiefs went home for the year on a home loss to the Patriots, despite having far more firepower on offense than Smith had in 2015 when playing in Foxboro.

12-4 won't get you the top seed in the conference in even 50% of NFL seasons. Mahomes had the advantage of playing the 10th-weakest strength of schedule in the league last year. When Smith's Chiefs went 12-4 in 2016, they did in on the 12th-toughest strength of schedule. There's a lot there neither Smith nor the Chiefs had control over. And seeding had nothing to do with the Chiefs' post-season loss against the Titans. Bob Sutton did. But fans that had tolerated Sutton's gaffes for a half-decade needed someone to point the finger at when the fantasy quarterback's first-half ineptness wasn't a palatable scapegoat. Now Mr. Bend-Then-Break is gone, and Mahomes is going to have to shoulder more responsibility for those L's that follow games where the offense spends too little time on the field.

2 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

So, like I said: You redefine a loss according to your bias. The Chiefs went home for the year on a home loss to the Patriots, despite having far more firepower on offense than Smith had in 2015 when playing in Foxboro.

12-4 won't get you the top seed in the conference in even 50% of NFL seasons. Mahomes had the advantage of playing the 10th-weakest strength of schedule in the league last year. When Smith's Chiefs went 12-4 in 2016, they did in on the 12th-toughest strength of schedule. There's a lot there neither Smith nor the Chiefs had control over. And seeding had nothing to do with the Chiefs' post-season loss against the Titans. Bob Sutton did. But fans that had tolerated Sutton's gaffes for a half-decade needed someone to point the finger at when the fantasy quarterback's first-half ineptness wasn't a palatable scapegoat. Now Mr. Bend-Then-Break is gone, and Mahomes is going to have to shoulder more responsibility for those L's that follow games where the offense spends too little time on the field.

Fuck Alex Smith.  I have never been happier to see someone leave and never been happier with their replacement.  I wish he was a has been, but he is a never was.  If you want to have fond memories of great regular season wins, then go ahead.  It's America.  Lots of brave men have died so you can have the right to say stupid shit and think stupid things.  But Alex Smith on his very best day is not even a shadow of what Patrick Mahomes is already in his first year.  Thank you for coming back, but I'm done talking to you. 

37 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

So your argument is hinging on the .004 that separated the SOS between the two teams?  I love you how spin that from 10TH WEAKEST SOS to Alexs 12 TOUGHEST SOS......lol.  Also the defense that Alex had allowed 19 ppg /311 total points to the defense that  Mahomes had which allowed 26ppg and 421 total.  Just to give you an idea, Alex didn't score 27 points in 9 games that year and the 10th he just scored 27.  Mahomes has 1 game at 26 points and 1 at 27 points.    1 to 9.   35.3 ppg  to 24.3 .   Alex had been a pro a decade and was completely familiar with Reids system vs a young rookie making his first year start in a system he wasn't completely comfortable in vs virtually the identical SOS and a defense that allowed an extra td each and every game.   Who had a make shift line in front of him all year, who had to deal with their franchise running back getting cut mid season and their prize FA miss the better part of 2 months down the stretch.   

Please spin some more useless facts to support your boy Alex.  Alex was a solid NFL qb but no one will ever remember him 20 years from now except die hard Chiefs fans.  Mahomes has the chance of being an all time great!

59 minutes ago, PhataLerror said:

Again dont let facts get in your way. Smith and the chiefs had the 16th rated SOS in 2016. Tied for 19th last year. In 2016 they also lost at home, again, to a team that did not score a TD.  Blame all you want but the Defense did its job but hard to over come a 172 yard, 1 td, 1 int from your qb type day. Also KC was 7th in defense for total points allowed that year. Now imagine if we did this with Mahomes last year. Go back to the Redskins board. Your boy is a member of them still.

12-4 or worse like 11-5 got top seeds in 2018 (KC)  2015 (Denver), 2014 both NE and Seattle, 2008 NYG, 2003 Philly, 2000 NYG, 1995 Dallas, 1994 Steelers, 1993 Bill's and Cowboys, 1992 steelers at 11-5. It does happen 

19 hours ago, reesebobby said:

And then they lost to the 1-8 Giants, the Raiders, the Bills and the Jets.  Those were bad losses that cost us in terms of playoff seeding.  You're not going to win 16 games generally.  You have to win the games you should.  Mahomes did not have any losses like those.  It's not a double standard, it's just how it is. 

Four of our six losses last year we scored 17 points or less. And we had the NFLs leading rusher in every game. Think about that!  

In our two divisional games in the playoffs under Alex we averaged 18 points. And not surprisingly lost both. Heck we lost a home playoff game where the opponent never scored a TD  

It’s no coincidence HOFer Joe Montana and MVPat are the last two Chiefs QBs to get this franchise to an AFC Title game  Doing it with an historically bad defense even Super Joe didn’t have to endure is even more impressive.     

And why all Chiefs fans are happy about our QB for the first time since 1994..

“Great quarterbacks, they have that ability [to lead],” Reid said. “He’s young, but he has that ability to influence and make people around him better like the great ones  He does it with all his teammates. He brings a certain energy with him. Certain guys have great vision and can see the field. [But] it’s one thing knowing it and seeing it on the field and being able to execute it,” Reid said. “These top quarterbacks … they have that. They can see things that the average guy can’t, right? That’s why they’re the best in the business. With Patrick, he’s been blessed with the vision and he’s very intelligent. This is him. … That is who he is and what he is.”

4 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Fuck Alex Smith.  I have never been happier to see someone leave and never been happier with their replacement.  I wish he was a has been, but he is a never was.  If you want to have fond memories of great regular season wins, then go ahead.  It's America.  Lots of brave men have died so you can have the right to say stupid shit and think stupid things.  But Alex Smith on his very best day is not even a shadow of what Patrick Mahomes is already in his first year.  Thank you for coming back, but I'm done talking to you. 

Facts.

On 4/14/2019 at 12:07 AM, PhataLerror said:

Gimmicky like a shovel pass for a touchdown completion?

You fly the flag for Mahomes, but now that your guy might be having to throw more than a handful of passes to Robinson, you're a little uncomfortable. As you should be.

Blaine Gabbert. Because Kaepernick was that bad.

Hey Alex good to have you back man. How's the Nation's capital treating you and the fam? 

50 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Hey Alex good to have you back man. How's the Nation's capital treating you and the fam? 

Either it is him or it is a family friend. Cant believe it just is a fan, if so man is he obsessed. I like Smith, I liked what he did in helping us stabilize and grow and how he helped Mahomes. To say he would have done better here than Mahomes, even Smith would tell you that would not be the case.

9 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

Our oline couldnt block in first half champ. game

don't forget how bad the oline and Dine were against PIT both times in post season, they won both because they could play physical and we couldn't.

Didn't really have to do solely with our lackluster QB play, we got out MANNED! TN playoffs was more of the same. Could Smith have played better yes, could Mhomes played better against NE  yes, but gotta have the fatties to play football late in the season.

I am worried about Pat taking so many hits. He is could at running for his life and has the guts to stand in and deliver while taking a hit, but I fear all those hits will add up. Or a season ending injury.

That’s why I am good with a day one O lineman.

48 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I am worried about Pat taking so many hits. He is could at running for his life and has the guts to stand in and deliver while taking a hit, but I fear all those hits will add up. Or a season ending injury.

That’s why I am good with a day one O lineman.

Good and bad of it is that he’s got that instinctive feel for pressure and subtle moves to avoid it than we’ve seen around here in decades.  He made a beaten up average oline look better than it was.  Bad thing is he’s so tough and willing to hold ball until the last second that he also takes some big hits to make the big plays.  We’ve gotta upgrade up the middle to allow more time to use his all world arm.

Getting LDT back helps.  But center and the other guard spot always have to be on Veachs radar. 

7 minutes ago, DieHard said:

And LDT playing 16 games is also a concern I would think. An OT that could start at G would really provide some insurance. If Fish or Schwartz get hurt, it could go south in a hurry.

For the same reasons, an OG that could double as C could be useful.  

5 hours ago, the Warparty said:

I,for one, wouldn't be unhappy if they spent a 2 or 3 pick for Oline.

If they want to upgrade protection for the MVP of this league and by far the most important player on our roster, I personally wouldn’t argue. 

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

Pat is the season. No Pat, no season. It doesn’t matter how many CBS you bring in, if he goes down, it’s over. Just my opinion.

No doubt. I think Andy Reid is so good he could probably get about 80-90 percent of what Alex Smith brought from Henne and that may get us back in the playoffs with 9-10 wins. But it would be one and done if that did happen.  Then again pretty much every team with true franchise QBs like we have now is doomed without that guy. Most would go completely into the tank (which sometimes can be helpful too)

Archived