The NFL Player's Top 100 -- Players Have no Clue

How is LeSean McCoy better than Jamaal Charles?  How is Tamba Hali better than Eric Berry, Justin Houston, and even arguably Derrick Johnson?

File "The NFL Players' Top 100" along with the Pro Bowl as another worthless accolade.  I'd rather they have a panel of GM, coaches and scouts decide anything meaningful.  

I haven't watched as much this year as in past years. Donte Whitner made some very interesting comments about this thing. He basically questioned who voted. He said he had never voted and he didn't know anyone who had ever voted. If every player in the league isn't voting on this thing then it's worthless imo.

I haven't watched as much this year as in past years. Donte Whitner made some very interesting comments about this thing. He basically questioned who voted. He said he had never voted and he didn't know anyone who had ever voted. If every player in the league isn't voting on this thing then it's worthless imo.

I think it’s worthless anyway.  I think players are the worst judges of talent, especially very good ones.  That’s why they usually make bad coaches too.  They don’t know what they do, they just do it.  It’s bad players with marginal talent that usually make the best coaches.  They have to analyze and study and work endlessly to make a team.  

I think it’s worthless anyway.  I think players are the worst judges of talent, especially very good ones.  That’s why they usually make bad coaches too.  They don’t know what they do, they just do it.  It’s bad players with marginal talent that usually make the best coaches.  They have to analyze and study and work endlessly to make a team.  

I think they are the best judges. They know who whips their ass. I think only players should vote on the pro bowl and only hall of famers should vote on inductees.

I think they are the best judges. They know who whips their ass. I think only players should vote on the pro bowl and only hall of famers should vote on inductees.

So a single player can be held accountable for judging who's the best amongst a position or two from the 12 teams he plays in a season?  Its an unreasonable sample.  For example, should a Denver Bronco's opinion of Jamaal Charles, whom he faces twice a year, be taken seriously should he judge Charles to be better than Adrian Peterson?

It may be relative, but the players can't render a truly objective opinion.  Besides, they really cannot judge talent like a scout, GM, or coach can.  

Archived