Earl Thomas and (almost) signing with KC

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

He is contractually obligated to follow the advice of the teams medical staff and that's just how it is.  Same way if I were to get injured on the job.  That's just the way it is, m8.

No he isn't unless his contract told him that. I doubt any big time NFL player would sign such a contract.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 4/13/2019 at 10:01 AM, Mloe68 said:

Honey Badger agreed to a deal on March 11th.  Thomas was set to sign here and instead went to Baltimore  on March 13.  

Very clear we targeted the younger player who’s been healthy and only were interested in a short term deal with Thomas who had missed 19 of 48 games over the prior three years. I was surprised a player of Thomas’s ability didn’t have more suitors with long term deals until realizing this. Meanwhile the competition for Mathieu mandated a guarantee bump to get the deal done. 

Sure seems like the Ravens were negotiating against themselves for Thomas long term. 

"Free agency was very weird," he said. "I didn't really know where I would end up. I was trying to see what my value was out there and I really thought I was going to go to Kansas City. I had committed there on a one-year deal worth like $12 million, and like the next morning I woke up, my agents called me and told me I had a better offer with the Ravens, so I definitely took that offer real quick."

59 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

"Free agency was very weird," he said. "I didn't really know where I would end up. I was trying to see what my value was out there and I really thought I was going to go to Kansas City. I had committed there on a one-year deal worth like $12 million, and like the next morning I woke up, my agents called me and told me I had a better offer with the Ravens, so I definitely took that offer real quick."

Exactly. He went from 12 million to 34 million despite nobody else offering a multi year or large guarantee.  It was a really big jump by the Ravens and it’s certainly understandable why he jumped all over it.  

5 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Exactly. He went from 12 million to 34 million despite nobody else offering a multi year or large guarantee.  It was a really big jump by the Ravens and it’s certainly understandable why he jumped all over it.  

Also 1 year vs 3 years.

The Ravens competed against the Chiefs and won.

Archived