1 hour ago, moons314 said:

I hate primetime games.  I'd much prefer all games be sunday at noon or 3.  The international games are stupid as well.  I hope the field in Mexico City is a mess again so they have to move it, again, and then put an end to this ridiculous practice.  

Why do we always have to go to NE?  

That's a damn tough schedule.   We could literally be a very much improved team and still only finish 10-6 through that gauntlet.  Roadies against the Lions, Titans, Bears and Pats will be tough.   SD will be tough twice.  GB at home will be no picnic.  

Just keep dominating this division and we will be there in the end with the QB who can navigate us through whether it’s the 1 or 4 seed. Heck if the defense is truly improving as the season progresses who’d want to play us as a six.  

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opening 3 out of 4 on the road this year looks less daunting than last. So much of this season depends on the TY Hill situation and Spagnoulo's ability to transform the defense. If Hill plays the entire season and the defense is better than last year....easily win 12 games again and the division.

4 hours ago, moons314 said:

I hate primetime games.  I'd much prefer all games be sunday at noon or 3.  The international games are stupid as well.  I hope the field in Mexico City is a mess again so they have to move it, again, and then put an end to this ridiculous practice.  

That's a damn tough schedule.   We could literally be a very much improved team and still only finish 10-6 through that gauntlet.  Roadies against the Lions, Titans, Bears and Pats will be tough.   SD will be tough twice.  GB at home will be no picnic.  

I also hate prime time games as nothing is as much fun as football at noon. However NFL is a money-first business and Mahomes is the new moneymaker for the league.

I think we finish with a good record assuming the draft goes well. A couple solid starters on defense would make a big difference. 

9 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Good news is every other team in the AFC  plays four games vs division winners too.   

But New England gets 6 Homecoming games a year in the AFC Least, every bleeping year.....

No wonder they have home field advantage all the time...

I think he is way to low. Surprised they dont pick SD to go 16-0 and win the West yet again..... I see us 12-4 low end to 14-2 at the best.

http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/26351/kansas-city-chiefs-schedule-looks-easy-early-but-difficult-late

The NFL has released its 2019 regular-season schedule. Here's a look at what's in store for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Game-by-game predictions:

Chiefs reporter Adam Teicher is predicting an 11-5 finish.

ADVERTISEMENT

Sept. 8: at Jacksonville, Win

Sept. 15: at Oakland, Win

Sept. 22: vs. Baltimore, Win

Sept. 29: at Detroit, Win

Oct. 6 (Sunday night): vs. Indianapolis, Loss

Oct. 13: vs. Houston, Win

Oct. 17 (Thursday): at Denver, Loss

Oct. 27 (Sunday night): vs. Green Bay, Win

Nov. 3: vs. Minnesota, Win

Nov. 10: at Tennessee, Loss

Nov. 18 (Monday): vs. L.A. Chargers, Win

Nov. 24: Bye

Dec. 1: vs. Oakland, Win

Dec. 8: at New England, Loss

Dec. 15: vs. Denver, Win

Dec. 22 (Sunday night): at Chicago, Loss

Dec. 29: vs. L.A. Chargers, Win

Strength of schedule: T-5, .520

Breakdown

The Chiefs need to get off to a strong start. Just one of their first four games is against a 2018 playoff team and that one opponent is Baltimore, which is a team in transition. But the Chiefs play three of their final four games against teams that made the 2018 postseason, including a trip to New England for the third consecutive season. If the Chiefs are to win a fourth straight AFC West title, they’d better have a lead heading into that final stretch.

2019 regular-season NFL schedule

r428616_800x320_5-2.jpg

Are you ready for Packers at Bears to kick off the NFL season? View the complete week-by-week schedule here.

Record predictions for all 32 teams »
Picking best matchups, biggest winners »
What the schedule means for fantasy »
Chalk: Full list of Week 1 NFL lines »
More NFL coverage » | NFL draft news »

Winning in the AFC West

The Chiefs have won three AFC West crowns in a row because they’ve played so well in division games, having won 16 of 18. They tied for first in two of those three seasons but were the champions each time because they held the tiebreakers. So the six-game stretch at the end of the season looms large. The Chiefs will play four of those games against divisional rivals, including two games against the Chargers. The two teams tied at 12-4 last season, with the Chiefs winning the division because of a better AFC West record.

Home for the holidays

The Chiefs will play three games at Arrowhead Stadium in December for the fifth consecutive season and they’ve been difficult to beat at home late in the year. The Chiefs are 10-2 at home in December over the past four seasons. The late-season home games are particularly important this year. They will play each of their AFC West rivals at Arrowhead in December and finish the season at home against the Chargers.

I do like the media press for us. Been a long time since anyone chose the Chiefs as SB winners

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26546347/nfl-experts-2019-schedule-picking-best-matchups-biggest-winners

What's your early Super Bowl pick?

Bowen: Chiefs over Bears. After the Chiefs hired Steve Spagnuolo as their defensive coordinator, I'm flipping from my pick of the Chargers earlier this offseason. With Spags running that side of the ball, look for Kansas City to have a much improved defensive unit to pair with Patrick Mahomes and that explosive play offense. Give me the Chiefs as the Super Bowl champions over a Bears team that makes it to the final dance because of its top-tier defense and noticeable development from Mitchell Trubisky in his second season under Matt Nagy.

Clay: Saints over Patriots. The Saints were a sky judge overrule away from a Super Bowl appearance last season and improved what was already an outstanding roster during the offseason. They're arguably the league's best team on paper. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady return to the Super Bowl for the fourth consecutive season, but the dynamic duo falls short to MVP Drew Brees this time around.

Joyner: Chiefs over Eagles. The hiring of Steve Spagnuolo should reduce the number of shootout games Kansas City gets into and result in an AFC title for the Chiefs. The Eagles have the most complete team in the NFC as long as Carson Wentz stays healthy.

Drew Brees and the Saints were extremely close to a Super Bowl appearance last season. Chuck Cook/USA TODAY Sports

Kimes: Saints over Patriots. I was tempted to pick the Packers because I like the moves they've made this offseason, and I think we'll see a return to form for Rodgers, but the Saints' roster is too complete to pick against. In the AFC, I believe Mahomes will continue to shine, but I don't think the Chiefs' defense improved enough to challenge New England.

Sando: Chiefs over Vikings. Kansas City is an easier pick than the Patriots in the AFC at this point, simply because New England is in the early stages of completing its defensive staff and filling out its roster. Minnesota should have a top-five defense, with an offense that should benefit from continuity and more under-center concepts on early downs.

Seifert: Saints over Chiefs. But for a few controversial officiating calls and a quirky overtime rule, this could have been the Super Bowl LIII matchup. The Saints have been knocking on the door the past few years and have as many pieces in place as they have ever had. And you can count on Chiefs coach Andy Reid to open the season with a host of adjustments to counter opposing defenses that spent the offseason trying to stop quarterback Mahomes.

Yates: Patriots over Saints. The Saints return what is one of the league's most balanced rosters, and presuming they can find a boost to complement Mike Thomas in the receiving group, they should continue to be explosive offensively. While the Patriots need to continue to beef up their offensive skill group, the team is stacked on defense with what could be the best secondary in the league. Forty-plus-year-old quarterbacks rule.

11 hours ago, moons314 said:

I don't like all the primetime games either because I have to work so early the next morning.  I'd much rather be able to unwind on a Sunday and watch the game.

As far as playing NE on the road, it's just the way the schedule plays out with Division winners, but I did see that the Chiefs would get the AFCE winner at home for the next 2-3 years I think.

We always think the schedule looks tough in April, but it never ends up being that difficult.  Teams we think are good end up being average or worse and other teams we think aren't good end up being better.  Last year's schedule looked the hardest I've ever seen the Chiefs have and they went 12-4 with the league's worst defense.

If the Chiefs get any kind of defensive improvement this year, they won't be stopped.

We don’t play a team I think will be over .500 until October and then get 3 of 4 at Arrowhead.  Breaking in so many new faces on defense on the road can be tricky but we’ve got a chance for another real good first half if we can manage that. 

13 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Good news is every other team in the AFC  plays four games vs division winners too.   

True.  My point was that division winners play a tougher schedule outside the division.  OAK can't really complain about their schedule including two games against the Chiefs.

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

We don’t play a team I think will be over .500 until October and then get 3 of 4 at Arrowhead.  Breaking in so many new faces on defense on the road can be tricky but we’ve got a chance for another real good first half if we can manage that. 

So my Ravens will lose to both Miami and Arizona bfore coming to AH on Sept. 22???

That hurt man.....

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

So my Ravens will lose to both Miami and Arizona bfore coming to AH on Sept. 22???

That hurt man.....

LOL...I was talking about finishing record. I've got the Ravens pegged about .500 (which generally means I'm not sure where to put you guys). A lot of turnover, QB situation, lost key defensive player at every level of defense and two of your best WRs. Thomas a clear upgrade from Weddle if healthy,  Who knows. Same goes for the Jags coming off an AFC Title game berth a year ago and now clearly upgraded QB situation but they were also awful last year. Where do you see your team?

21 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Why cares where KC plays NE. They have beat then there and lost in KC. The Arrowhead advantage is a myth when playing great football teams.

That schedule looks better than last years. Too early to predict until we see how KC fills the roster. I think another key Defense FA will be added after the draft. 

A lot of people care.  It has nothing to do with the Arrowhead homefield advantage (something you erroneously refer to as myth).  As a fan, the rotation of teams allows fans to see other teams live.  Yes, we had a home playoff game against NE, but there are a lot of fans out there that would like to be able to attend a NE/KC game in KC in the regular season (postseason is much more expensive, so to a lot of people the timing makes a huge difference).  While trying to explain my thoughts on why playing NE in NE time after time sucks, I just can't get over the myth comment.  Arrowhead is a homefield advantage.  The idea that it becomes a myth when playing against great teams is just dumb.  It's still an advantage, but very good, very disciplined teams can absolutely negate a homefield advantage, so that doesn't make homefield a myth.  I'm trying to tiptoe around this as to not be rude, but man that's just stupid. 

6 hours ago, moons314 said:

A lot of people care.  It has nothing to do with the Arrowhead homefield advantage (something you erroneously refer to as myth).  As a fan, the rotation of teams allows fans to see other teams live.  Yes, we had a home playoff game against NE, but there are a lot of fans out there that would like to be able to attend a NE/KC game in KC in the regular season (postseason is much more expensive, so to a lot of people the timing makes a huge difference).  While trying to explain my thoughts on why playing NE in NE time after time sucks, I just can't get over the myth comment.  Arrowhead is a homefield advantage.  The idea that it becomes a myth when playing against great teams is just dumb.  It's still an advantage, but very good, very disciplined teams can absolutely negate a homefield advantage, so that doesn't make homefield a myth.  I'm trying to tiptoe around this as to not be rude, but man that's just stupid. 

I think a road game against the toughest opponent in the conference is always an advantage unless the playoff hopes are riding on it. We are a very young team going through a transition on defense so definitely could use the experience. It could definitely hurt the run for home field advantage but that's something we should live with in such a season.

18 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

They adjusted during the year and are now formally transitioning.

New GM, new OC, new targets, key Defensive players leaving.  That's a transition.

GM has been there since 1996 working as the assistant GM since 2007- turned down multiple offers from other teams.

OC installed the offense, old OC just called the plays.

3 TE's out 4 remain, 1 out of 3 WR's remains for a heavy run team. No big deal.

Ravens lose defensive players every year- name one who went on to have a great post Ravens career? Even the HOF Ed Reed flamed out in Texas after 4 games and was washed up with the Jets.

Weddle= slow

Suggs= old

Mosley= can't cover

Smith= One trick pony who GB overpaid

Its the scheme, not the players. I know its hard for Chiefs fan to see a good defensive scheme out weighs great players but.....

17 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

LOL...I was talking about finishing record. I've got the Ravens pegged about .500 (which generally means I'm not sure where to put you guys). A lot of turnover, QB situation, lost key defensive player at every level of defense and two of your best WRs. Thomas a clear upgrade from Weddle if healthy,  Who knows. Same goes for the Jags coming off an AFC Title game berth a year ago and now clearly upgraded QB situation but they were also awful last year. Where do you see your team?

Offensively, I think we will be eve better. Qb clearly working hard to get better, 2 of the best young TE's in the league, great slot guy, vet RB as well as 2 youngsters, stable Oline.

Special Teams is one of the best in the League, if not the best.

Defensively, its always about the scheme, not the players- what we lost, we can withstand as 2 were past their prime, 1 was overrated and the other got paid on limited production by a desperate team.

Schedule is awesome- on the 3 team since the merger to alternate Home/Away games evenly throughout the year. Ending stretch is rough but hey, play the two easy games early, tought two to end it.

Draft will be an indicator of where they go this season. Need a WR, ILB, OLB/DE and then Center/Oline help.

Archived