2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

GM has been there since 1996 working as the assistant GM since 2007- turned down multiple offers from other teams.

OC installed the offense, old OC just called the plays.

3 TE's out 4 remain, 1 out of 3 WR's remains for a heavy run team. No big deal.

Ravens lose defensive players every year- name one who went on to have a great post Ravens career? Even the HOF Ed Reed flamed out in Texas after 4 games and was washed up with the Jets.

Weddle= slow

Suggs= old

Mosley= can't cover

Smith= One trick pony who GB overpaid

Its the scheme, not the players. I know its hard for Chiefs fan to see a good defensive scheme out weighs great players but.....

keep telling yourself that lol

I'm not arguing against you on the players lost, but to say they're going to swap so many players and what not without skipping a beat is just downright delusional

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

keep telling yourself that lol

I'm not arguing against you on the players lost, but to say they're going to swap so many players and what not without skipping a beat is just downright delusional

Weddle-> replaced by Earl Thomas, easily the best Safety of his generation. Maybe he's still hurt, whatever, but at 80% he's better than Weddle.

Suggs-> 17 year vet who had 7 sacks in 744 snaps or 71% of the time. Matt Judon had 7 sacks in 673 snaps or 65% and had more passes defensed as well as QB pressures. Dwindling returns.

Zadarius Smith-> 8.5 sacks in 690 snaps or 66%. 3 sacks came in one game vs Tennessee. One hit wonder? Remains to be seen but not worth that money at 66 mill for 4 rs.

Mosley-> go back and look at the scramble by Mahomes vs the Ravens where he throws across his body on 4th and 9 to Hill- #57 is trying to cover him along with Weddle standing there out of position. Seen it too many times. Fine linebacker who can't cover a dish.

Now the young guys get to play.

6 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Weddle-> replaced by Earl Thomas, easily the best Safety of his generation. Maybe he's still hurt, whatever, but at 80% he's better than Weddle.

Suggs-> 17 year vet who had 7 sacks in 744 snaps or 71% of the time. Matt Judon had 7 sacks in 673 snaps or 65% and had more passes defensed as well as QB pressures. Dwindling returns.

Zadarius Smith-> 8.5 sacks in 690 snaps or 66%. 3 sacks came in one game vs Tennessee. One hit wonder? Remains to be seen but not worth that money at 66 mill for 4 rs.

Mosley-> go back and look at the scramble by Mahomes vs the Ravens where he throws across his body on 4th and 9 to Hill- #57 is trying to cover him along with Weddle standing there out of position. Seen it too many times. Fine linebacker who can't cover a dish.

Now the young guys get to play.

It's not always about doing upgrades in terms of players and sometimes even if you replace a player with someone that has more potential, you could be losing leaders.  Than you've got a lot of new guys that aren't used to playing as one unit.

As it stands right now, the Ravens best chance is tied to hoping the Browns can't handle all the personalities and expectations.  But with that said, I'm not counting them or the Steelers out yet.

1 minute ago, liquidfriend said:

It's not always about doing upgrades in terms of players and sometimes even if you replace a player with someone that has more potential, you could be losing leaders.  Than you've got a lot of new guys that aren't used to playing as one unit.

As it stands right now, the Ravens best chance is tied to hoping the Browns can't handle all the personalities and expectations.  But with that said, I'm not counting them or the Steelers out yet.

I can agree with alot of what your are saying however, one thing the Ravens do well is bring the leadership out of players....Thomas brings alot with him.

Browns will have a lot of pressure oin them....hope Mayfield wakes up dangerous every day.

Archived