Your draft take...Round 1

dhitter

38 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I'd bet the odds are less than 20% that Greedy will be there by pick #29.  Gotta have a backup plan to grab a second tier CB in the second round.  Again, moving down would probably serve the Chiefs best.  There's a number of mocks that have a QB sliding and the Chiefs would have a good shot at trading down 15-18 picks and getting another second and third at a minimum.

I'd say it's at least a 50-50 that Greedy makes it to 29.  At least far enough that they can move ahead of the Raiders and Chargers to get him for minimal cost.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

If the Chiefs move UP in the first round, I'll go ballistic.  They don't need to in order to get the players they need. 

I think you ought to prepare to go ballistic. Everything Veach has shown us so far speaks to his aggressiveness. If they want the best corner in the draft, and believe that player is Greedy, then they might have to move up. 

What if they want to go LB rd 1? Not an edge rusher, but a true 43 LB. There is only 2 worthy of first round consideration in Bush  and White. They wont be there at 29. If they want a day 1 three down LB, then they will have to move up. 

So they may not agree that they can get the players they need by staying out. If they want a true game changer, they may need to trade up.

Archived