Who's your draft crushes 2019 edition

xen

Limit 3

Who are your draft crushes this year?  This is not necessarily who's best for the Chiefs... just your favorite players or even sleepers.

Mine:

Andy Isabella - man I love this kids tape.  Speed to burn along with quickness and toughness. 

Nassir Adderley - love the fit with the current safety roster.  Being a small school guy and the lack of a full athletic profile from testing (due to injury) might push him down the board but the tape shows speed to burn and elite COD/twitchiness.  Needs some serious coaching at single high but the traits are there.  Could be moved to corner as well.

Chase Winovich - what's not to love.  High motor, football intelligence, great athletic profile, might be there at our 2nd but doubt it.  I think teams are going to be much higher on him than the media.  Possible he goes as early as late first as he's going to be some GM's draft crush.

56 minutes ago, xen said:

Limit 3

Who are your draft crushes this year?  This is not necessarily who's best for the Chiefs... just your favorite players or even sleepers.

Mine:

Andy Isabella - man I love this kids tape.  Speed to burn along with quickness and toughness. 

Nassir Adderley - love the fit with the current safety roster.  Being a small school guy and the lack of a full athletic profile from testing (due to injury) might push him down the board but the tape shows speed to burn and elite COD/twitchiness.  Needs some serious coaching at single high but the traits are there.  Could be moved to corner as well.

Chase Winovich - what's not to love.  High motor, football intelligence, great athletic profile, might be there at our 2nd but doubt it.  I think teams are going to be much higher on him than the media.  Possible he goes as early as late first as he's going to be some GM's draft crush.

I would agree with those.

Mine are:

Jeffery Simmons - Even with the off-field stuff, pre-injury he would have went top 5.  Beast.

Blake Cashman - Hard nosed, lunch pail type that can play all 3 linebacker positions.  High motor.  I love this kid and hope they draft him.  

Kahale Warring - The only thing holding this kid back is experience.  Has all of the tools of a Kelce type to dominiate.  Patience with him will pay off.

Parris Campbell -  This is equivalent to when Indy drafted Phillip Dorsett. Total luxury pick ignoring needs elsewhere. But man add this guy to our offense and...wowza.

Jamel Dean - Huge risk with past injuries. Huge upside. If he fell to the mid rounds and we were able to nab him I'd be giddy.

Jachai Polite - Dude was on a first round trajectory. Now he's projected as a guy who will go rounds 4-7. This will be the player teams wish they had ignored combine results on. Gonna be a 10+ sack player.

Xen took a couple of my pick with Adderley and Winovitch but I'll throw out a few.  My thoughts on the Chiefs trading down but getting an earlier second rounder includes the idea that one of them could be available at that point.

Jonathan Abram, S, Miss St.  Aggressive player, great in run support, and can play pass defense.  Not the fastest, but makes up for it with skills and hard hitting.

David Montgomery, RB, Iowa St.  The Chiefs got Hunt when they already had Ware and West and he changed their offense.  I'm hoping for a similar scenario with a late second here.

Jace Sternberger, TE, Texan A&M.  Irv Smith might be available, but Sternberger isn't much of a drop off and will fit well opposite Kelce.  Big addition to the offense.

Taking a little liberty here since I've already named three, but the top wish is for a starting quality CB.  There's just too many second tier guys to know which would be available and which the Chiefs think they could use immediately.  Ya-Sin, Oruwariye, Lane, Johnson, Love?  Can't pick one, but I lean toward Oruwariye with Ya-Sin as a second choice.  All that's assuming the top three are gone before the Chiefs pick.. 

I'll mention people not already mentioned.

Emanuel Hall - Blazing speed and can really crush the soul of a Defense.  I think with an actual quality coaching staff, vs the sack of meh at Mizzou, there's a lot of potential to unlock.

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - I think CGJ is the best DB in this draft and still has lots of learning and growing left in him.  Once they fired sharkfucker guy and brought in a decent staff to Florida, he really shined the most from the transition.  Can cover, leadership qualities, good speed and can hit.

Dwayne Haskins - A dying breed of passer.  I think he's getting harshly criticized.

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I'll mention people not already mentioned.

Emanuel Hall - Blazing speed and can really crush the soul of a Defense.  I think with an actual quality coaching staff, vs the sack of meh at Mizzou, there's a lot of potential to unlock.

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - I think CGJ is the best DB in this draft and still has lots of learning and growing left in him.  Once they fired sharkfucker guy and brought in a decent staff to Florida, he really shined the most from the transition.  Can cover, leadership qualities, good speed and can hit.

Dwayne Haskins - A dying breed of passer.  I think he's getting harshly criticized.

Agree on the first 2.  I'm kind of meh on Haskins.

CGJ is gonna be a gamer.  

I love Hall's game but worry he's injury prone.

Montgomery at RB

Hakeem Butler at WR

Noah Fant at TE

Simmons for DL

Greedy for CB

Amani Hooker at S/CB

McCoy at C/G as he is a player we can use at either spot and then as back up too.

Zach Allen or Anthony Nelson at DE.

Players above we may have a shot at in the first 3 rounds, some maybe later and fill needs.

16 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Montgomery at RB

Hakeem Butler at WR

Noah Fant at TE

Simmons for DL

Greedy for CB

Amani Hooker at S/CB

McCoy at C/G as he is a player we can use at either spot and then as back up too.

Players above we may have a shot at in the first 3 rounds, do me maybe later and fill needs.

I'm sensing a theme lol

16 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Montgomery at RB

Hakeem Butler at WR

Noah Fant at TE

Simmons for DL

Greedy for CB

Amani Hooker at S/CB

Players above we may have a shot at in the first 3 rounds, do me maybe later and fill needs.

At least not all your picks come from the state of Iowa.  ☺️

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

At least not all your picks come from the state of Iowa.  ☺️

Nope. I included iowa state which is hard for me to do too

I do want one but if it came down to both being equal then go position if need first. Dont really need Fant but man it would be fun seeing him as the hybrid/slot type TE

42 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Nope. I included iowa state which is hard for me to do too

I do want one but if it came down to both being equal then go position if need first. Dont really need Fant but man it would be fun seeing him as the hybrid/slot type TE

Last time I visited Iowa State, it was in the state of Iowa, but maybe it moved since then.  ☺️

On 4/21/2019 at 2:11 PM, Calichief said:

Josh Johnson

I’ll add DK Metcalf to my list. 

Im now of the thought, more weapons for Pat. With the rules in place, 11 defensive pro bowlers are gonna allow over 20 points a game anyway.

so, who needs defense...

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

I’ll add DK Metcalf to my list. 

Im now of the thought, more weapons for Pat. With the rules in place, 11 defensive pro bowlers are gonna allow over 20 points a game anyway.

so, who needs defense...

One trick pony.  If they draft an Ole Miss wideout, I would rather have AJ Brown.

Archived