Trading DOWN?

Chiefswinitall

I keep thinking Washington.  The Chiefs #29 for their #46 and #76.  An alternative would be #29 for #49 and #80 and maybe some later round throw in if possible.  My thinking is that the Chiefs, in either scenario, could get five picks in the first two days giving them quality players at CB, TE, S, RB, and one of Edge or LB or WR or OG/C  It's a long time to wait for their fifth round pick and while there may still be good players left, it's a real crap shoot on getting one who can contribute soon.  I saw one board where the Chiefs could have Winovitch, Ya-Sin, Sternberger, Montgomery, and one of the second tier safeties (I don't remember which).  Washington, CLE, or Minn. (are all candidates for a trade down that would really help the Chiefs.  Like two years ago, they should have the trade in place and if they can't hit a home run at #29, then pull the trigger.  If Luck of Jones falls that far, some team may go QB shopping.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

I keep thinking Washington.  The Chiefs #29 for their #46 and #76.  An alternative would be #29 for #49 and #80 and maybe some later round throw in if possible.  My thinking is that the Chiefs, in either scenario, could get five picks in the first two days giving them quality players at CB, TE, S, RB, and one of Edge or LB or WR or OG/C  It's a long time to wait for their fifth round pick and while there may still be good players left, it's a real crap shoot on getting one who can contribute soon.  I saw one board where the Chiefs could have Winovitch, Ya-Sin, Sternberger, Montgomery, and one of the second tier safeties (I don't remember which).  Washington, CLE, or Minn. (are all candidates for a trade down that would really help the Chiefs.  Like two years ago, they should have the trade in place and if they can't hit a home run at #29, then pull the trigger.  If Luck of Jones falls that far, some team may go QB shopping.

can we really expect a reasonable probability there is going to be a "home run" player at 29?.. that Greedy kid from what I understand  sure aint it..he dont tackle

4 minutes ago, xen said:

Yeah I'm fine with almost any trade down.  This draft is strong on day 2.  I'm betting they'll have similarly graded players available in round 2 as they do late round 1.

Exactly right.   There's no player projected to be available at #29 that the Chiefs wouldn't be better to get two second day picks.  If they pick up Clark before the draft, and it's looking possible, then all the more reason to stock up on second day players to fill multiple holes. 

Jet, if they trade for Clark I would assume it involves our 1 so a trade down is out   Reportedly 3 teams are in the running including the Colts and Jets so they have much better 2's than we do.  That's never a good sign as far as value on our end.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Jet, if they trade for Clark I would assume it involves our 1 so a trade down is out   Reportedly 3 teams are in the running including the Colts and Jets so they have much better 2's than we do.  That's never a good sign as far as value on our end.

I don't see the Chiefs trading their #29 for Clark.  He's better and more consistent than Ford, but his salary would be equivalent.  Is Clark better than Ford plus a first round pick?  Then again, Veach sees a player he wants, Veach goes after him. 

23 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I don't see the Chiefs trading their #29 for Clark.  He's better and more consistent than Ford, but his salary would be equivalent.  Is Clark better than Ford plus a first round pick?  Then again, Veach sees a player he wants, Veach goes after him. 

Clark and a second is better than Ford and a late 1st. Ford will be broke again and SF did right by their contract he signed. Their second next year could be a mid second so we get Clark and that pick to move back 10 spots or so.

21 hours ago, jetlord said:

Good call.  😜

Archived