Last First Round Mock

liquidfriend

1.  Arizona Cardinals - Kyler Murray, QB  Oklahoma

Last minute here, I think the Cardinals are gonna blow the entire thing.  Murray will bust, they won't get much of shit for Rosen and he will flourish at the next spot.  Whole thing is fired and the Cardinals are a stupid, bad team forever again.

2.  San Francisco 49ers - Nick Bosa, DE  Ohio State

The 49ers are going to take the elite edge guy and have a world class duo at a bargain rate until Dee Ford explodes.

3.  New York Giants (f/NYJ) - Quinnen Williams, DT  Alabama

The city is quickly turning against Gettleman and the Giants.  If they aren't going to take a QB than they need to do something aggressive to keep the fans in.  Gettleman has mentioned that he wants yellow jacket guys, so here's the best available option to fit that descriptor.  Giants give up pick #37 and 6 for 3.

4.  Oakland Raiders - TJ Hockenson, TE  Iowa

The Raiders were locked in to all kinds of Defensive guys and the tackle that went to the 49ers, and veered hard to reach on Kolton Miller.  I think the Raiders are gonna surprise again, and go for a security blanket at TE.

5.  Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ed Oliver, DT  Houston

I have Oliver as the #2 overall prospect in this draft, on my board.  A great choice for the Bucs, who will move on from McCoy.

6.  New York Jets (f/NYG) - Josh Allen, DE/OLB  Kentucky

The Jets struck out on a pass-rusher in FA, so they opt to grab a rookie here.

7.  Jacksonville Jaguars - Jawaan Taylor, OT  Florida

Jags need a quality edge Defender.

8.  Detroit Lions - Devin White, LB  LSU

The Lions grab a center piece for rape guys Defense.

9.  Buffalo Bills - Christian Wilkins, DT  Clemson

They gotta replace Kyle Williams.

10. Denver Broncos - Jonah Williams, OL  Alabama

I think when it comes down to it, John Elway is gonna have to ride or die with Joe Flacco.  The drama with control in Denver might sort itself out soon, so there will probably soon be someone that can fire his ass so he has to show the team brass some results and now.  The Broncos will need a strong OL to deal with the statue, so shoring up the Guard position would be a wise move. 

11. Cincinnati Bengals - Drew Lock, QB   Missouri

The Bengals didn't hire a coach like Zac Taylor just to ride or die with Andy Dalton for long.  New regime, new QB.

12. Green Bay Packers - Brian Burns, DE/OLB  Florida State

The Packers have spent a lot of resources on improving the Defense, and I don't think they're finished yet.  Burns will be a good add.

13. Carolina Panthers (f/MIA) - Daniel Jones, QB  Duke

The Panthers know that the Cam Newton era isn't for much longer, and may be over sooner than they think.  The injuries from his running style and piss-poor OL have piled up, so they grab someone they can sit and develop like the Packers did with Rodgers for a few years.  The Panthers send pick #100 with 16 for 13.

14. Atlanta Falcons - Clelin Ferrell, DE/OLB  Clemson

With word of Sweat dropping, somebody is going to rise in result. 

15. Washington Redskins - AJ Brown, WR  Ole' Miss

Regardless of whoever the QB is, they gotta get that QB some weapons to work with.  Their receiver group is pathetic.

16.  Miami Dolphins - Cody Ford, OL  Oklahoma

The Dolphins like Ju'Wuan James in FA, so it's time to get a new RT.

17. New York Giants - Montez Sweat, DE/OLB  Miss State

I think Sweat will slide a little, but it's mostly overblown.  Adding Sweat and Williams onto the Defense will give Bettcher a lot to work with in his blitz heavy scheme.

18. Minnesota Vikings - Chris Lindstrom, OG  Boston College

I think the Vikings get a safe, reliable pick to protect the high money QB.

19. Tennessee Titans - Garrett Bradbury, OL  NC State

The Titans get some more blocking help up front for their fragile QB.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Devin Bush, LB  Michigan

The Steelers need more capable inside backers.

21. Seattle Seahawks - Rashan Gary, DL  Michigan

The Seahawks take the gamble hoping it pays off.

22. Baltimore Ravens - Josh Jacobs, RB  Albama

The Ravens will be a run first and run often squad.  After Alex Collins went stupid and got cut, the Ravens need to prioritize a feature back that can create huge opportunities for Lamar Jackson.  I think Jacobs is a workhorse that can carry the Offense.

23. Houston Texans - Andre Dillard, OT  Washington State

The Texans tried hard to land a tackle that ended up in Oakland, so I look for them to grab a tackle if one is available.

24. Oakland Raiders - Byron Murphy, CB  Washington

The Raiders need someone to pair with Conley.

25. Philadelphia Eagles - Greg Little, OT  Ole Miss

The Eagles are gonna grab someone that will be able to replace Jason Peters soon.

26. Indianapolis Colts - Parris Campbell, WR  Ohio State

The Colts are gonna tab a local kid for Luck.

27. Oakland Raiders - Jachai Polite, DE/OLB  Florida

This guy is an Oakland Raiders/Jon Gruden kind of pick.  Total headcase, bad workouts but the film still pops out.  I'm sure Gruden and Mayock know they can comfortably chill till 27 and still land Polite.

28. Los Diego Chargers - Dexter Lawrence, NT  Clemson

The Chargers have recently been linked to Suh, but I'm sure they'd rather fucking not.  Williams is younger, better and cheaper.

29. Kansas City Chiefs - Greedy Williams, CB  LSU

Spagnuolo is a secondary coach at heart and Madison is the kind of coach that wants a project like Greedy.  The Chiefs direly need speed at Corner that went away a year ago when they dealt away Marcus Peters.

30. Green Bay Packers - DK Metcalf, WR  Ole' Miss

The Packers surely remember Rodgers bitching about his receivers last season.

31. Los Angeles Rams - Erik McCoy, C  Texas A&M

The Rams need a key guy in the middle for Goff.

32. New England Patriots - Darnell Savage, S  Maryland

Bill Belichick continues to do his own thing and gets the speedy guy that can cover.  For a team that is strict about their coverage, this guy is a good fit.

I think you meant Lawrence at 28.

Someone will gamble on Simmons.  He is just too damn good.

If Greedy is there, I’ll take it.  Corners always seem to get over drafted, though.  I could see Houston, Pitt, or Seattle taking him.  

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

I think you meant Lawrence at 28.

Someone will gamble on Simmons.  He is just too damn good.

If Greedy is there, I’ll take it.  Corners always seem to get over drafted, though.  I could see Houston, Pitt, or Seattle taking him.  

Yes I did, haha. 

I think teams are gonna wait it out on Simmons.  His woman punching video is freely available and I'm not sure that teams want the news to play it all Thursday night and Friday long and have that as the highlight of their class.

As for corners, I don't know.  I think the Steelers are currently set with Joe Haden and Steven Nelson as the starters, with Nelson giving the biggest UFA contract they've ever handed out.  He's a stater.

Houston could yes, but I think they really need to prioritize getting some better protection for Watson.  I had Gary slotted for Seattle because I think at some point or another, they're going to trade off Frank Clark.  To us?  Who knows.  They are a wild card though, yes.

Archived