Final Chiefs mock for 2019

liquidfriend

1.  Greedy Williams, CB  LSU

Not going to try and project any pick for player trades right now, but I'll push out a quick update if they trade for Clark or whoever.  For now, I think CB is the priority with edge coming in the 2nd.

2.  Jace Sternberger, TE  Texas A&M

I think the Chiefs have been planning to upgrade behind Kelce all along, partly why they let Haris walk.  A lot of mismatch options available.

2.  Jaylon Ferguson, DE  Louisiana Tech

A lot of linking here.  The Chiefs will come out of Day 2 with an edge guy.

3. Kelvin Harmon, WR  NC State

Regardless of the Tyreek Hill situation, the Chiefs will be taking a Wide Receiver early I think.  I've heard a lot of talk about Veach being heavily interested in Harmon.

Tyreek Hill will determine what happens with Watkins.

5.  Ross Pierschbacher, OL Alabama

The Chiefs tab a solid player that can provide some competition at Center and Left Guard

6.  Nick Fitzgerald, QB  Miss State

I think Andy has seen how Sean Payton has used Taysom Hill and wouldn't mind something like that at the right opportunity.

6.  Zedrick Woods, DB  Kentucky

Veach grabs somebody to be behind Mathieu.

7.  Lil'Jordan Humphrey, WR  Texas

Slower than hell, but could find a way to make a play if he can run Andy's routes to perfection.  Being slow didn't stop Jason Avant from being on his rosters.

37 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Greedy fits, but they will have to trade up to get him.

I see Harmon as more of a round 2 guy.  But if they can get him there, great.

QB is a head scratcher. 

Overall, I like it.  Really like Pierschbacher

on ABC  i think it was Sunday the pre draft show with Kipper and another guy had Greedy going to us  at 29.. said he'd drop because of an injury?  but most of all that he wont tackle..called him a "Buffet  tackler"

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

on ABC  i think it was Sunday the pre draft show with Kipper and another guy had Greedy going to us  at 29.. said he'd drop because of an injury?  but most of all that he wont tackle..called him a "Buffet  tackler"

Yeah, I don't buy it.  Kiper generally doesn't know what he is talking about anyway.

Greedy is a true cover corner.  If he is the target, they are going to have to get to around 20.

4 hours ago, SEMO said:

Yeah, I don't buy it.  Kiper generally doesn't know what he is talking about anyway.

Greedy is a true cover corner.  If he is the target, they are going to have to get to around 20.

Kiper really doesn't know because ESPN skimps like crazy on the poor, underpaid workers that do all the heavy lifting for him.  He's really in his element on the day of when he's breaking down film anymore.

6 hours ago, SEMO said:

Greedy fits, but they will have to trade up to get him.

I see Harmon as more of a round 2 guy.  But if they can get him there, great.

QB is a head scratcher. 

Overall, I like it.  Really like Pierschbacher

Fitzgerald would be used as a gadget player and a receiver to add more wrinkles into the Offense, while being a project that Andy can groom and flip for future high picks.  I understand the apprehension about it though.

E:  update coming!

1.  Greedy Williams, CB  LSU

I think the Chiefs are going to stack their chips and add the finishing touch to the Defense with Williams.  Chiefs swap 61+63 to the Rams for 31.

3. Kelvin Harmon, WR  NC State

Regardless of the Tyreek Hill situation, the Chiefs will be taking a Wide Receiver early I think.  I've heard a lot of talk about Veach being heavily interested in Harmon. 

5.  Ross Pierschbacher, OL Alabama

The Chiefs tab a solid player that can provide some competition at Center and Left Guard

6.  Zedrick Woods, DB  Kentucky

Veach grabs somebody to be behind Mathieu.

6. James Williams, RB  Washington State

Another weapon in the passing game.

7.  Zach Gentry, TE  Michigan

Think they would have rather addressed TE earlier, but things just didn't work out.

I think ideally a Tight End earlier would have been good, but the draft board didn't shake out for it. 

Archived