Patrick Peterson...YES! Well....Not really Iluvhouse24

23 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Tyreek isn’t going anywhere. He’d be gone. He’s playing for kc this year. 

After an NFL suspension I'll wager. But yeah I agree. I think the Chiefs clearly have more info than we do, and realized even prior to this incident that Crystal was the bigger problem and bringing out the worst in him. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 hours ago, Balto said:

I just hope Hill/Players association don’t fight the suspension and just get it over with.

Unfortunately, I believe most likely if it comes to that they will. If Hill doesn't get charged and subsequently cut/suspended altogether he should thank his lucky stars that he isn't going to jail and completely out of football. His best bet would be to lay low and just serve his time.

This is not a Hill thread.....

Here's another article from today:  https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/5/13/18617233/arrowheadlines-cbs-sports-says-patrick-peterson-to-the-chiefs-would-make-sense?fbclid=IwAR1qsaUVVl8w07U1wpfwOGz1vIUQN00Mrb_bAV3NQFC-qxOnH4Oglb1vQSg

I'm seeing a lot of smoke about this in the news the past few days.  I'd like to believe that where there's smoke, there's fire.  Peterson in our secondary would make this defense very formidable in my mind.

Apparently Antonio Bryant started the big pre draft rumor and now has tweeted out again today an image of Peterson in a Chiefs jersey or something like that. Haven't seen it though. Keep in mind he also said the Cardinals were going to take Bosa over Murray. So no clue what's going on with this guy. That said P2 is apparently going to skip mini camp and the growing unrest with a rookie coach might indeed push the issue. Kind of a Tony G deal where a good veteran doesn't want to rebuild again. But who knows. 

23 hours ago, Calichief said:

Tyreek isn’t going anywhere. He’d be gone. He’s playing for kc this year. 

If we made a trade for a real asset and they could move the Tyreek mess off their plate to make it happen. I'd bet the farm they would. 

Just now, Mloe68 said:

If we made a trade for a real asset and they could move the Tyreek mess off their plate to make it happen. I'd bet the farm they would. 

Maybe.

i don’t think you trade an ace or 1 of a kind. 

You won’t get back anything close.

just my opinion.

45 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Maybe.

i don’t think you trade an ace or 1 of a kind. 

You won’t get back anything close.

just my opinion.

Your right in that his tangible value on the field is far higher than what anyone will likely come close to paying with this mess still pending. At best his risk level just went through the roof.  Not suggesting at all this is even in discussion. But I think if the Cardinals would take Tyreek for P2.  We would jump on it.  

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Your right in that his tangible value on the field is far higher than what anyone will likely come close to paying with this mess still pending. At best his risk level just went through the roof.  Not suggesting at all this is even in discussion. But I think if the Cardinals would take Tyreek for P2.  We would jump on it.  

Totally understand your point.

agree to disagree. I don’t think Andy would do that. 

9 minutes ago, Chiefswinitall said:

please not our 1st.

Our 1st will be pretty much an early 2nd. Plus you get him 2 more years on a very reasonable contract. He would be worth it but if they can swing it for a 2nd...even better.

Will Cards use David Johnson in that new air raid college Offense?  Maybe they feel Hill would be the TOP guy for new Offense....

Cards get:  Hill

Chiefs get:  Peterson and Johnson

15 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Should follow up with Terez Paylors comments from earlier today that the Chiefs have had no contact with the Cardinals concerning Peterson.  

Veach keeps his cards up his sleeves until the deal is close to being finalized.  I wouldn't rule out any trades completely.

13 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Veach keeps his cards up his sleeves until the deal is close to being finalized.  I wouldn't rule out any trades completely.

I agree completely. I think Terez's point was simply don't get excited because nothing is remotely imminent here. You rarely see a rumor mill like we've had with Peterson go on this long with no real backbone to it other than "it makes sense." But we will see what happens. You are probably right in that the Cards have floated around an asking price which we simply aren't interested in at this point. There's other options too. 

5 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I agree completely. I think Terez's point was simply don't get excited because nothing is remotely imminent here. You rarely see a rumor mill like we've had with Peterson go on this long with no real backbone to it other than "it makes sense." But we will see what happens. You are probably right in that the Cards have floated around an asking price which we simply aren't interested in at this point. There's other options too. 

Not saying you in particular, but people tend to take that report and run with "we're fucked!!!!! Not trading for anybody" 

Lot of smoke that Peterson is dying to be traded to KC though.  He wants out, bad.

39 minutes ago, SEMO said:

If he skips out on OTAs, the there is some fire with the smoke.

Well he did take off all mention of the Cardinals on all his social media accounts. Not saying that is the end all of it, but it does not look good for his relation with them imo.

45 minutes ago, SEMO said:

If he skips out on OTAs, the there is some fire with the smoke.

Sounds like he might. Why rebuild around a 22 year QB and leave him in a spot where the face of the franchise on defense anyway is disgruntled. They must be hoping a market will develop to get them the draft picks next year they couldn't get this year. There's definitely value there with a top 5 rated PFF guy who's got two manageable contract years left. But again maybe that's part of the issue here as well with Peterson wanting an extension.  

I think I would trade Hill for Peterson. Hill is on the last year of his contract and will be suspended for a good portion of that. I don't know if we can afford to sign him so he would be franchised. I would add that Mahomes is a hell of a QB that can make average WRs look much better. Peterson on a reasonable 2 year contract is very valuable. Hill has very little trade value right now. Suspension and looming contract are big factors IMO.

Not trying to be funny, but Pat threw 50 TDs last year and only 12 went to Hill. 12 players caught TDs from Pat. Hill is a stud WR unlike anything we have had ever, but long term? I just don't know if he ever signs a new contract here. At least this way he doesn't land in the AFC West.

Archived