Patrick Peterson...YES! Well....Not really Iluvhouse24

5 hours ago, DieHard said:

I think I would trade Hill for Peterson. Hill is on the last year of his contract and will be suspended for a good portion of that. I don't know if we can afford to sign him so he would be franchised. I would add that Mahomes is a hell of a QB that can make average WRs look much better. Peterson on a reasonable 2 year contract is very valuable. Hill has very little trade value right now. Suspension and looming contract are big factors IMO.

Not trying to be funny, but Pat threw 50 TDs last year and only 12 went to Hill. 12 players caught TDs from Pat. Hill is a stud WR unlike anything we have had ever, but long term? I just don't know if he ever signs a new contract here. At least this way he doesn't land in the AFC West.

Just for the sake of argument, how many of Mahomes' TD passes were completed to other receivers because Tyreek is such a threat that he demands more coverage?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Fair point. 

The point being that Hill doesn't have to be in the end zone to catch a TD pass.  His moves and speed after the catch makes him a threat and leaves people like Harris and Conley roaming free in the end zone.  Just before the Chiefs kicked the FG to tie the game at the end of regulation in the AFCC, they threw to Hill with about 15 seconds left  I always felt that going to a secondary would have been a better choice since Hill was double covered.  Sometimes the value isn't in making the catch, it's allowing the catch to be made. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

The point being that Hill doesn't have to be in the end zone to catch a TD pass.  His moves and speed after the catch makes him a threat and leaves people like Harris and Conley roaming free in the end zone.  Just before the Chiefs kicked the FG to tie the game at the end of regulation in the AFCC, they threw to Hill with about 15 seconds left  I always felt that going to a secondary would have been a better choice since Hill was double covered.  Sometimes the value isn't in making the catch, it's allowing the catch to be made. 

Creating space off the ball is a crucial part of almost all team sports and Tyreek does this better than anyone. 

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

I agree 100%. The point of my post wasn’t that Hill was not a game changer. What I said was he is so good that we likely won’t get him resigned and make sure he stays out of the division. Even out of the AFC.

Now I am playing devils advocate a little here, but it is all a question of are you willing to make Hill the highest paid WR in history with everything that is going on around him and Chris Jones payday and Pats payday and so few players on roster after 2020. I don’t know the answer, but it is a legit question. 

If we think resigning him is an easy decision, it just is not.

52 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I agree 100%. The point of my post wasn’t that Hill was not a game changer. What I said was he is so good that we likely won’t get him resigned and make sure he stays out of the division. Even out of the AFC.

Now I am playing devils advocate a little here, but it is all a question of are you willing to make Hill the highest paid WR in history with everything that is going on around him and Chris Jones payday and Pats payday and so few players on roster after 2020. I don’t know the answer, but it is a legit question. 

No one will sign him to be the highest paid WR any more. Best he will get is a contract with stipulations in it for behavior and off field conduct that has a lot of bonuses in it for production. Chiefs can do this and will have an out if he messes up yet again. We also can tag him too if we wanted to do that.

42 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

No one will sign him to be the highest paid WR any more. Best he will get is a contract with stipulations in it for behavior and off field conduct that has a lot of bonuses in it for production. Chiefs can do this and will have an out if he messes up yet again. We also can tag him too if we wanted to do that.

We may have to tag him to keep him. If we try the contract structure above on him, there is no way IMO that he does not test the FA market. In that scenario, we will lose him I believe.

Think about everything said in this post. The man will get paid handsomely by someone.

21 minutes ago, DieHard said:

We may have to tag him to keep him. If we try the contract structure above on him, there is no way IMO that he does not test the FA market. In that scenario, we will lose him I believe.

Think about everything said in this post. The man will get paid handsomely by someone.

Considering that he has been on the trading block during the combine I doubt he gets the exclusive tag. Once there are no offers out there he'll come back to sign for relatively cheap based on his talent.

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

Considering that he has been on the trading block during the combine I doubt he gets the exclusive tag. Once there are no offers out there he'll come back to sign for relatively cheap based on his talent.

No offers for Tyreek Hill?  John Dorsey alone makes that an impossibility. 

Hill is going to get paid.  It might not be highest wr money, but it easily could be with some stipulation and clauses based on off field stuff.   I believe we will ride this out and work hard on getting Jones extended before tagging Hill next year.  That gives us two years to find a suitable replacement before letting him walk or trying to trade him.   We are crazy to think that this will keep him from making 15-20 million per year by some dumb team.  Obviously this is assuming he’s not convicted.

26 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Hill is going to get paid.  It might not be highest wr money, but it easily could be with some stipulation and clauses based on off field stuff.   I believe we will ride this out and work hard on getting Jones extended before tagging Hill next year.  That gives us two years to find a suitable replacement before letting him walk or trying to trade him.   We are crazy to think that this will keep him from making 15-20 million per year by some dumb team.  Obviously this is assuming he’s not convicted.

Exactly 

5 hours ago, DieHard said:

Agree. Unless Tyreek is charged with something and this starts to snowball in the wrong direction, we call the shots here. And there’s no moral high ground anyone can stand on to make us give that up. If he’s charged and this gets ugly then yes our hand is forced.  Doesn’t seem like that’s gonna happen though as of now. 

So you’re right priority 1 if we aren’t extending him is to keep him out of our division and hopefully conference. I’d love to have him play here this year then do a tag and trade deal but this situation still seems so fluid we really can’t plan anything right now. 

1 minute ago, dksww said:

More like a 3rd or 4th now

From a 1st+mid rounder to a 3rd or 4th because of 6 games?  Nah I think a 2nd and probably a mid rounder is asking with a 2nd finally getting it done hopefully 

This is the best possible scenario for us!  As stated above, we just might get the guy for as little as a 3rd rounder(but most like a 2nd).  Not to mention we get him about 4 mill cheaper this season and he will be nice and fresh for a playoff run!  GET ON THE PHONE VEACH!!!

18 hours ago, jetlord said:

Just for the sake of argument, how many of Mahomes' TD passes were completed to other receivers because Tyreek is such a threat that he demands more coverage?

Exactly.  12 plays do not define a guys value. TDS and Sacks and INTs , Fumbles Recovered etc are great but  that a very small percentage of plays a guy is on the field for. 

9 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

This is the best possible scenario for us!  As stated above, we just might get the guy for as little as a 3rd rounder(but most like a 2nd).  Not to mention we get him about 4 mill cheaper this season and he will be nice and fresh for a playoff run!  GET ON THE PHONE VEACH!!!

Also nice is we get to keep our 1st rounder. Things are just falling into place for this team. Veach has done a wonderful job with it all. The defense will have Williams, Lee, Okafor, Clark, Breeland, Mathieu and Thornhill all new to our D. 7 starters along with a new DC and 43 defense plus Saunders getting PT.... wow.

Arizona has been aware of Peterson's pending suspension, and the Cardinals used the 33rd overall pick in last month's draft on Washington cornerback Byron Murphy.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26761850/sources-cardinals-peterson-gets-6-game-ban

This from the ESPN article.... Cardinals should have jumped on any earlier offer if they knew this. Dumb of them not to do so.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Arizona has been aware of Peterson's pending suspension, and the Cardinals used the 33rd overall pick in last month's draft on Washington cornerback Byron Murphy.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26761850/sources-cardinals-peterson-gets-6-game-ban

This from the ESPN article.... Cardinals should have jumped on any earlier offer if they knew this. Dumb of them not to do so.

yup

Hell honestly I'd still give up our 1st for him!  

I'm actually worried that this news might make other teams calls the Cards.  Cards will know that our 2nd rounder is going to be worse than the rest of the 31 other teams 2nd round.  Yes I believe we will win the Super Bowl if we get Peterson

Well he would miss the first 6 games and based off last years schedule we do not look to bad for the first 6 games. Jaguars, Raiders, Ravens, Lions, Colts and then Texans. Now honestly the Colts look to be the only tough team on paper right now. We get him back after these games in time for 2 against LAC, Broncos, Pats, GB, Bears, Titans, Raiders and Vikes. If there is any good news is he would be there for us in what now seems to be the tougher part of our schedule.

Archived