Patrick Peterson...YES! Well....Not really Iluvhouse24

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now, Lamardirts said:

I'd call today and offer a 3rd and if I had to then I would offer that second.   It hurts he is out for 6 games but saving our 1st rounder helps us in the long run.   

well he will be fresh after the 6 games is up. I would offer our 3rd and go from there. Maybe a 3rd and if we get a comp pick in the 4th too? Something like that. Man do I hope SF tanks this year and makes that 2nd really high. Having that one as our 2nd is shipped to Seattle would be huge for us if PP is given up for a 3rd and maybe something else.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I'd call today and offer a 3rd and if I had to then I would offer that second.   It hurts he is out for 6 games but saving our 1st rounder helps us in the long run.   

They wouldn't take a 2nd rounder in the midst of a 2-14 season.  I don't think the asking price is going to get lower.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Not sure. Seems like guys using some PEDS become injury prone once they are off it.

The Chiefs might (or might not) be done with splashy moves

Per OverTheCap, the Chiefs had about $16.7 million of available cap space before the trade. With it, the figure will drop to about $15.4 million — Lee’s contract will consume $1.8 million, and $570,000 will be added back in as Zack Golditch’s contract drops below the 51-player cutoff. On June 2, Eric Berry’s contract will come off the books, and that will add another $9 million to the total — $9.5 million in cap savings, less Golditch’s contract when it moves back up above the cutoff.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Arizona has been aware of Peterson's pending suspension, and the Cardinals used the 33rd overall pick in last month's draft on Washington cornerback Byron Murphy.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26761850/sources-cardinals-peterson-gets-6-game-ban

This from the ESPN article.... Cardinals should have jumped on any earlier offer if they knew this. Dumb of them not to do so.

ok this is the Arizona Cardinals we are talking about, not the brightest FO in the League

11 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

The Chiefs might (or might not) be done with splashy moves

Per OverTheCap, the Chiefs had about $16.7 million of available cap space before the trade. With it, the figure will drop to about $15.4 million — Lee’s contract will consume $1.8 million, and $570,000 will be added back in as Zack Golditch’s contract drops below the 51-player cutoff. On June 2, Eric Berry’s contract will come off the books, and that will add another $9 million to the total — $9.5 million in cap savings, less Golditch’s contract when it moves back up above the cutoff.

Am I reading this right...we will then have 24.9 million after June 2nd?    

8 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I'm always leery with PED guys.  Are they still elite, or was it the PED giving them the edge?  He's older now...what's his true baseline now. 

Peterson’s claim is that he took something for his returning diabetes, and it contained a banned substance...let’s just hope he’s telling the truth

35 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Peterson’s claim is that he took something for his returning diabetes, and it contained a banned substance...let’s just hope he’s telling the truth

You never know. You can get PED violations for taking common supplements from GNC. I’m not concerned and would  gladly offer a day 2 pick for 18 games plus the playoffs for him. 

Who knows where we are with this though. 

Archived