We'll see what happens with the contract, but keep in mind the Chiefs have 3 years of control on Clark at just the salary cap price.

Theoretically, they could just play him under the FT this year and trade him next year or in 2 years.

Let's see how it pans out.

Chiefs acquired DE Frank Clark from the Seahawks in exchange for the No. 29 overall pick and a 2020 second-round pick.

The teams will also swap third-round picks this week. The Chiefs have a pair of 2020 second-rounders, and the Seahawks will get whichever is lower. The Chiefs needed pass-rushing help as they continue their retool for a 4-3 defense, but this is a steep price for an effective pass rusher who is nevertheless not a true game wrecker. Clark also has a checkered off-the-field history and dealt with injuries in 2018. The positive, of course, is that, whatever the cost, they are acquiring a player with at least nine sacks each of the past three seasons. Clark does not turn 26 until June. He will certainly make an impact for Andy Reid's Super Bowl-or-bust squad.

Just now, dksww said:

We'll see what happens with the contract, but keep in mind the Chiefs have 3 years of control on Clark at just the salary cap price.

Theoretically, they could just play him under the FT this year and trade him next year or in 2 years.

Let's see how it pans out.

Sounds like an extension is part of the agreement.  Clark might not sign the tag without that guarantee. 

5 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

OH No Mr Luvless. Look at your consistent caustic foul mouthed comments. Not everyone belongs to your cult. You have anger issues to work on.

I'm not angry at all. I'm ecstatic. And I'm not part of any cult. I just happen to love the Chiefs and believe in this front office. I do wish you were in that group, because clearly you arent. 

5 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

The only thing I don't like is did we essentially waste high picks on guys like Speaks and Tanoh?

Speaks has only had 1 season under a lame duck coach in Sutton.

Tanoh not sure either, these guys just didn't play under Sutton and even if they did it's still Sutton so we just don't know.

13 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

The only thing I don't like is did we essentially waste high picks on guys like Speaks and Tanoh?

I see Speaks more of the Strong-side DE not LEO like Clark will play.  Kpass….Not sure but maybe he plays SAM?  Or rotates with Clark?

1 minute ago, dksww said:

they signed him, wow

So they traded Ford and a first round pick for another guy getting 63.5 guaranteed. This guy must be way better than Ford? I hope this works out and would love being wrong.

Guy is a CHief so Go Chiefs. Maybe it is Superbowl or Bust tIme for Reid.

I am fine with this. Get a proven player instead of hoping no draft bust. Use cap space we still have this year and next. Need to resign our own now and oh, our defense will be much improved. All the while we are stacking up for a SB run for years to come and still have 2 2nd rounders this year, higher 3rd and our picks plus a lot of cap next year. There are guys we can cut next year too like Sorensen etc to get even more cap if need be and the 10 million from Berry's release post June 1st

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

So they traded Ford and a first round pick for another guy getting 63.5 guaranteed. This guy must be way better than Ford? I hope this works out and would love being wrong.

Guy is a CHief so Go Chiefs. Maybe it is Superbowl or Bust tIme for Reid.

Traded Ford and a 1st for this guy plus a 2nd. This guy is also more reliable and younger than Ford.

1 minute ago, Balto said:

I see Speaks more of the Strong-side DE not LEO like Clark will play.  Kpass….Not sure but maybe he plays SAM?  Or rotates with Clark?

Albert Breer‏ @AlbertBreer

In reporting on the Frank Clark trade to KC over the weekend, I asked a lot of folks on whether he was THAT big an upgrade over Dee Ford. The universal answer: Yes. Without question.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Traded Ford and a 1st for this guy plus a 2nd. This guy is also more reliable and younger than Ford.

Well the 2nd came in the Ford deal so I dont count that. Yes time to move on and hope for his career to be a game changer in KC. Onward.

I’ll support him.  He is here for the foreseeable future. 

Looking at the trade value chart, we gave up about 1100 pts in capital, if the 2020 2nd is mid round.  That’s plausible with them getting Garrappalo(sp) back.  Hopefully, our pick isn’t higher😔.  

That equals around pick 14 this year.

I'm actually fine with this and expected it would cost about what Veach paid for him.  

I think what we all need to take from this is consistency!  Clark is a guy who will get us about 10 sacks a year with a few 13-15 sack years mixed in.  That will be sooooo refreshing coming from what we have experienced with Houston's monster year and then BLAH...and Ford being a bust until its a contract year and going off!  

I truly think Clark was brought in because it gives our D a much needed baseline of what others should expect