Chiefs fans are hilarious.  

All of last season and after the AFCCG all you heard was:

"Fire Bob Sutton"

"Cut Eric Berry and Justin Houston"

"Do not pay Dee Ford"

"Sign some players and fix this horrible defense"

Chiefs literally do all of this and then fans piss and moan today over the Frank Clark trade and signing.

lmaoooooo, just proves that people are never happy and think they know more than NFL GMs which is HILARIOUS.

And yes, I'm aware I've gone back and forth on this in the past 2 days.  At first I wanted it, then i didn't and now I'm ok with it because the 29th overall pick isn't really all that much, we had 2 2nd round picks and he is a much better player than Dee Ford.

2 minutes ago, SEMO said:

I’ll support him.  He is here for the foreseeable future. 

Looking at the trade value chart, we gave up about 1100 pts in capital, if the 2020 2nd is mid round.  That’s plausible with them getting Garrappalo(sp) back.  Hopefully, our pick isn’t higher😔.  

That equals around pick 14 this year.

More like 792 than 1100.  Usually you take a next year pick and give it a round later value...So in this case you have this years #29+next years 2nd(3rd round value)+you have the move from #92(132 pts) to #84(170 pts).  That comes out to about 640+190=830-38= 792pts....So basically the #21 or #22 pick this year for him.

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

according ot Petro  that compensation would of been the same to move up to 21st pick

That's what I came up with...

#29=640

2020 2nd=190 for est mid round pick

3rd round move up= Gain 38pts

Total = 792...Or a #21/#22 pick value

I'm fine giving 29, but I would have tried to knock down the 2020 compensation a little bit.  I think that's where they overspent.  But honestly, not the worst overspending he Chiefs have done by any means.

The Chiefs practically paid a 2nd rounder (late 1 isn't great value this year) and a 3rd.  2+3 and you could really make a case for that 3 really being worth a 4.

Just now, liquidfriend said:

I'm fine giving 29, but I would have tried to knock down the 2020 compensation a little bit.  I think that's where they overspent.  But honestly, not the worst overspending he Chiefs have done by any means.

Petro was speculating that since the Colts were in on the trade with loads of CAP  we might a had to give them a 1 &2 if they offered 1&3 

45 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

It's always the same Chicken Little motherfuckers that pollute every thread isnt it? Jesus Christ we added a BEAST to our defense. How could adding Frank Clark to your defense be considered a dumb move? Overpay? Maybe? Dumb? Of course not. Our d line rotation could be NASTY!!!

Here are 1754 more people you can complain about. 

Poll.jpg.4670cc78a7439d9e43b8e090da9fb1b2.jpg

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

most fans are dumb.

it's only for a 1st round pick, we already had 2 2020 2nds anyway so who cares?

people bitching about contracts are stupid.  it's not your money and all you have to do is look at any salary cap website and you will easily see the Chiefs have loads of cap space in 2020 and 2021

5 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The Chiefs practically paid a 2nd rounder (late 1 isn't great value this year) and a 3rd.  2+3 and you could really make a case for that 3 really being worth a 4.

good points, they're all late picks in those rounds.  

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

according ot Petro  that compensation would of been the same to move up to 21st pick

Hard to say when they don't know for sure what the 2020 pick will be.  My best guess:

Seahawks get:

29 - 640pts

92 - 132

Lowest 2020 2nd - 32 -270pts (if we win the superbowl)😁

1042pts

KC gets:

Frank Clark

84 - 170pts

1042-170 = 872

Pick 19

15 minutes ago, Balto said:

More like 792 than 1100.  Usually you take a next year pick and give it a round later value...So in this case you have this years #29+next years 2nd(3rd round value)+you have the move from #92(132 pts) to #84(170 pts).  That comes out to about 640+190=830-38= 792pts....So basically the #21 or #22 pick this year for him.

Yep.  I screwed up the 2nds.

One additional potential benefit of this trade is that the Chiefs MAY be somewhat comfortable about the Hill situation. I realize that this is a fairly deep WR class but you would think the top guys would be gone by the time the Chief's pick in the second round. I don't know...maybe I'm just trying to stay positive about it.

28 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Exactly. They want the Chiefs to add playmakers, but only on their terms. Because we didn't get Clark for a second rounder this year and nothing more, people lose sight of the fact that we added a beast. We were never getting him for a 2nd rounder alone. Veach has been adding picks and clearing payroll for a move like this. 

I cant imagine looking at this move and my first reaction being " I hate this". You like good football players right? Maybe youd rather have the college players that they would have taken with those picks. I'd rather have a proven stud just entering his prime.

Dee Ford:  28 years old, 5 NFL seasons

Just signed 5 year $85 Million

67 Games played

30.5 Sacks

136 Tackles

36 Tackles for Loss

69 QB hits

Frank Clark:  25 years old, 4 NFL seasons

Just signed 5 year $105 Million 

62 Games played

35 Sacks

136 Tackles

35 Tackles for Loss

72 QB Hits

Demarcus Lawrence:  26 years old, 5 NFL seasons...….Added him because he just got a contract the same as what we paid Clark and D. Lawrence is a SEXY name compared to Clark.

Just signed 5 year $105 Million

64 Games played

34 Sacks

200 tackles

48 tackles for loss

67 QB hits

The defense got seriously better today.  The value all lined up perfectly, moving up on the later rounds and sacrificing a first rounder for a ready now guy.  The first round picks are very valuable because of the way contracts are structured, but the chiefs have plenty of cap room , and a big need.  The net result of this trade is that we sacrificed cap space to eliminate uncertainty and a learning curve.  This makes us better now. I love it.  Now let’s get a corner or two and go kick some ass. Feeling really good about this coming season 

7 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Exactly. They want the Chiefs to add playmakers, but only on their terms. Because we didn't get Clark for a second rounder this year and nothing more, people lose sight of the fact that we added a beast. We were never getting him for a 2nd rounder alone. Veach has been adding picks and clearing payroll for a move like this. 

I cant imagine looking at this move and my first reaction being " I hate this". You like good football players right? Maybe youd rather have the college players that they would have taken with those picks. I'd rather have a proven stud just entering his prime.

Better tone. Having your opinion is fine. Beating others up, attacking, not the same. 

Guy in his prime and we got him. A need for our defense and he fits it perfectly. What is not to like? Get Jones extended this year and we hit a homerun. Get hill and fuller next year plus supplement with draft picks and FA and we will be good for a long time on both sides.

I mean even if we had a 16th ranked defense last year it would have been SB bound and we are doing what we need to do with cap space created by Veach and what we have in years to come.

This is a great day imo as it sets us up nicely and we wont be hit with big name FAs all in one year. Plus we have added depth now at DE. Draft the CB/S needed and the rest? Go for developmental depth and competition at TE, OG etc. We ser ourselves up nicely for the draft.