17 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Exactly. They want the Chiefs to add playmakers, but only on their terms. Because we didn't get Clark for a second rounder this year and nothing more, people lose sight of the fact that we added a beast. We were never getting him for a 2nd rounder alone. Veach has been adding picks and clearing payroll for a move like this. 

I cant imagine looking at this move and my first reaction being " I hate this". You like good football players right? Maybe youd rather have the college players that they would have taken with those picks. I'd rather have a proven stud just entering his prime.

The negativity may be based on Clark's personal background.  I think it's a great move for KC.  Compensation is fine - for Clark and draft picks. Think he's lightyears ahead of dee ford. 

Some people may be concerned by his background and troubled past.  We've had issues with Hunt and Hill so this could be another risk.  it's alot to pay someone that could be perfect and have no issues or one step away from suspension.

I don't think you can fault the mixed opinion on signing him.  

Just now, FANATIC said:

Here you go.

Just spoke to one general manager who had this to say about the #Chiefs move... "Comparing Dee Ford to Frank Clark is like comparing Joe Flacco to Pat

So random, on my desktop it copies just the link but on my phone/tablet it will take the link and post the actual message (which is what I did after the fact).  

I heard Todd McShay say the film on him shows "a dynamic pass rusher who's also very good vs the run. Kansas City's defense clearly just got alot better."   I like to hear things like this.

I've always rode the fence on him with his off field issues at Michigan which will draw alot of scrutiny on the talk radio curcuits initially. But he's had no issues since entering the NFL and that had to sell Veach and especially Clark Hunt.

But as a football player we just got a guy who's clearly better and younger than anyone we just lost and I'm quite certain Spags would say a much better fit. And he plays with attitude which is something our defense has lacked. These contracts are gambles and Veach is sticking his neck out and put himself on the firing line. I like that. Sink or swim with guys you really want. That said, we've still REALLY got to find another corner!

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

according ot Petro  that compensation would of been the same to move up to 21st pick

I instantly though what would the trade chart say. Move up 8 spots wasn't gonna get us the edge we needed. Hey be bold and go get the players you really want. Don't be afraid to fail. Veach will catch hell if this doesn't work out, but good for him for putting his neck on the line. 

2 minutes ago, Chiefswinitall said:

Watch Seattle convert into a Hall of famer.    We better win the Fucking superbowl.

highly unlikely.  Go look at the past 20-25 past #29 overall draft picks.

I only recognized like 4 of them.

2 hours ago, dksww said:

?

how so?  

This only cost us our first.

We got a 2nd for Dee Ford that will be higher than ours.  We traded our pick, not the 49ers' pick.

We moved up 8 spots in the 3rd round of this year's draft.

To clarify we traded whichever 2nd round pick is worse next year. 

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

It's always the same Chicken Little motherfuckers that pollute every thread isnt it? Jesus Christ we added a BEAST to our defense. How could adding Frank Clark to your defense be considered a dumb move? Overpay? Maybe? Dumb? Of course not. Our d line rotation could be NASTY!!!

Bingo. Look there's definitive risk but Brett Veach has proven over the past two offseasons he's not going to waste money on players or characters that don't fit our overall plan. But he will with players he believes will and live with being on the firing line. I love it. And again if his moves don't work and we fall flat on our face we know where to turn. No more riding the fence post. Its Super Bowl or bust certainly over the next 3 years. 

This has a decent chance of developing into one of the best Chiefs defensive line groups in decades. Lots of depth and still one one of the younger groups in the league too. Desperately need another corner still. And then next year go get a dynamic versatile LB. Safety still a concern as well but we do have answers and added an elite guy. Over 50 percent of this defense will likely be different from the AFC Title game to Opening Day in September. As one of the Chiefs beat writers tweeted out "Veach means business with trying to fix this defense." 

2 minutes ago, West said:

2019 Okafor, Honey Bear, Clark vs 2019 Hali, Ford & Berry...

Chiefs D just got younger and much better.

This is not Wilkie's Chiefs....this management group is doing a solid job.

w

Yup. It also seems that these contracts are lining up with when Mahomes deal needs done. In my opinion, Veach is killing it as gm. 

5 minutes ago, West said:

w

Don't forget Hitchens gets to play back in his natural position as a 4-3 LB

23 minutes ago, West said:

w

Honey bear.  😄😄😄