33 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Don't forget Hitchens gets to play back in his natural position as a 4-3 LB

This!

This is a quiet plus for the Defense that many do not realize. Hitchens will be a whole different LB this coming season...much more comfortable and confident.

From a pure performance and draft position standpoint, the trade was heavily in KC's favor.  The real cost is hidden, which is the fact that 90% of domestic abusers repeat, regardless of counseling.  So, I think this deal is bad.  It won't feel bad when we are playing.  But it will feel very bad when he is suspended during the playoffs.  HIs sudden absence will be worse than Dee Ford encroaching in the AFC championship game.  Now we were are the John Madden era Raiders.  Great on the field but bad people. It will cost us big time at some point and make it more costly to try to re-sign Mahomes.  I give this an F, though it will look like an A most of the time.  Did you see his reaction about being traded to the Chiefs?  It is because he "wanted to be appreciated."  Does that sound like a team player or a selfish player all about himself? Where is this management when it comes to medical reality?  I think anyone can answer that.  I'm not happy about this, especially considering that Hill could be cut or suspended at anytime for the same thing...a self destructive impulse-control problem with a 90% repeat rate.

When we played Seattle, Clark was the best defensive played on the field. 

In this years draft, we would have had to give up a second to maybe get the 5th or sixth best edge rusher out of this draft.  ...... and I doubt anyone we would have drafted will be as good.  To me, Clark puts us in the conversation of being a top 15 Defense this year and beyond.  We got value here.

3 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

In this years draft, we would have had to give up a second to maybe get the 5th or sixth best edge rusher out of this draft.  ...... and I doubt anyone we would have drafted will be as good.  To me, Clark puts us in the conversation of being a top 15 Defense this year and beyond.  We got value here.

On the field...for any given game he is playing.

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

From a pure performance and draft position standpoint, the trade was heavily in KC's favor.  The real cost is hidden, which is the fact that 90% of domestic abusers repeat, regardless of counseling.  So, I think this deal is bad.  It won't feel bad when we are playing.  But it will feel very bad when he is suspended during the playoffs.  HIs sudden absence will be worse than Dee Ford encroaching in the AFC championship game.  Now we were are the John Madden era Raiders.  Great on the field but bad people. It will cost us big time at some point and make it more costly to try to re-sign Mahomes.  I give this an F, though it will look like an A most of the time.  Did you see his reaction about being traded to the Chiefs?  It is because he "wanted to be appreciated."  Does that sound like a team player or a selfish player all about himself? Where is this management when it comes to medical reality?  I think anyone can answer that.  I'm not happy about this, especially considering that Hill could be cut or suspended at anytime for the same thing...a self destructive impulse-control problem with a 90% repeat rate.

Oh No....Mr F ......There You Go Again 😉

7 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

except for the fact he was never convicted for domestic abuse of violence.

The Chiefs aren't in the dark on Tyreek HIll, they know what's going on or what happened.

I'm sure the Chiefs put some type of language into his contract to where if he ever is arrested for any reason, they can cut him without financial penalties as far as the guaranteed dollars go.

4 minutes ago, dksww said:

except for the fact he was never convicted for domestic abuse of violence.

The Chiefs aren't in the dark on Tyreek HIll, they know what's going on or what happened.

i'll be cheering right alongside you.

But I will also be reminding you of what I wrote when he gets in trouble.  My hope is that it doesn't happen.  My knowledge of DV is that it is 90% likely that it will.  This is akin to purchasing a lottery ticket. I am hoping that he is guilty of OTFV (on the field violence) and not DV.

For the record, Frank Clark was arrested and jailed for 2 days in the midst of being accused for beating up his GF in a hotel room.

During the investigation, the prosecution dropped those charges due to not having enough evidence from police to convict on assault or battery, whatever.

He took a plea bargain and was charged with disorderly conduct instead.

The horror, the horror...

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

But I will also be reminding you of what I wrote when he gets in trouble.  My hope is that it doesn't happen.  My knowledge of DV is that it is 90% likely that it will.  This is akin to purchasing a lottery ticket.

He wasn't charged or convicted of domestic violence though.  He was arrested and accused of it, but they prosecution dropped the charges on not enough evidence.

1 minute ago, dksww said:

For the record, Frank Clark was arrested and jailed for 2 days in the midst of being accused for beating up his GF in a hotel room.

During the investigation, the prosecution dropped those charges due to not having enough evidence from police to convict on assault or battery, whatever.

Good thing he didn't do it in front of a security camera in an elevator.

Just now, Fmbl2187 said:

But I will also be reminding you of what I wrote when he gets in trouble.  My hope is that it doesn't happen.  My knowledge of DV is that it is 90% likely that it will.  This is akin to purchasing a lottery ticket.

Since you've started talking about that 90% thing in the Hill thread, I have researched as hard as I can to confirm or deny this.  I cannot find anything to support your 90% number.  Do you have a link to a reference?  My research keeps leading me to 40 something percent. 

7 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Good thing he didn't do it in front of a security camera in an elevator.

You keep saying domestic violence, domestic abuse, but he was never charged with it is all I'm saying.

I mean a prosecuting attorney, whose job is to solely find anything they can to make someone guilty, dropped all charges because they couldn't find anything, yet there's people like you out there who think just because they're name was involved they did it.

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Since you've started talking about that 90% thing in the Hill thread, I have researched as hard as I can to confirm or deny this.  I cannot find anything to support your 90% number.  Do you have a link to a reference?  My research keeps leading me to 40 something percent. 

I wonder what the percentage is when they were involved with domestic violence in the first place?

8 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

you have just busted his mojo .. you are supposed to believe him regardless of what crap he throws against the wall. He's a Dr and your not //Bow down to the fumble

38 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

2nd worst game Fisher had all year long

24 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Something about a right to your own opinions but not your own facts, comes to mind.

34 minutes ago, dksww said:

Charges are dropped when there is less than 95% chance that he his guilty (known as "beyond a reasonable doubt") It is a very steep hill to climb before a jury is instructed to convict (Thank God).  But the league has no such burden of proof.  They have a fan base and a reputation to uphold, because advertising purchases are gigantic.  The league can suspend on much flimsier evidence, especially if it is a repeat.  You really ought to know your stuff before you make sarcastic remarks.

14 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Something about a right to your own opinions but not your own facts, comes to mind.

SEMO, I base my number on what I was instructed by the courts to do when making a determination as a coroner in cases of homicide, regarding cause and manner of death.  I was told that the confidence level is two standard deviations or 95% certainty. But that was almost 40 years ago, when I served as a forensic pathologist for 4 years.  The criteria may have changed since then, but I am merely basing that on personal instructions by the 3rd Judicial District of Kansas from 1988-1992.  So you can take that for whatever it is worth.  It certainly could be different now.  But domestic battery is a criminal charge.  A league suspension does not require anything more than "probable." As far as repeat rate for domestic violence, the stats are all over the internet. If you have trouble finding it, let me know, and I will find it for you.

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

As far as repeat rate for domestic violence, the stats are all over the internet. If you have trouble finding it, let me know, and I will find it for you.

That's the problem.  I haven't had trouble finding it.  And it's not 90 percent.  Or even close. 

Here is one reference for "arrest rate." which is lower than actual repeat rate, obviously.  I will try to find the other stat for actual repeat for you.

Edited.  That reference was for rehabilitation ability.  The 61% figure was another article I saw from the UK.

For some reason, I cannot change that edit from a link to a simple edit.