21 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Im not a fan of giving away cheap talented players via draft pick for edge rush. I think edge rush is too easily beaten by the good qbs when it matters the most, the playoffs.

i would rather load up our talent on the secondary and the interior d line.

You're out of your mind if you think these guys are just gonna line up wide every down.

5 minutes ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

There is more than one way to get pressure. Yes Clark is an edge rusher, but if you look at the big picture this defense isn't just about beating your man straight up. Its about twists, stunts, delayed blitzes, etc... so your opinion that Clark is just an edge rusher is wrong. Put Jones and Clark on the line with their long limbs and they can collapse a pocket and bat down passes.

You need more than just corners. Give a QB too much time and the best corners will get beat. We've witnessed that in KC too.

I don’t disagree with most of that, but fundamentally i don’t believe in paying ends. I pay for interior pass rush.

only want the ends to be able to stuff the run and set the edge. Any rushing ability is a bonus to this 

I want 3 chris jones on the team and rotate them, edge guys can be your 4 to 5 mil a year type guys, not 20 

17 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

On the plus side even though this is a massive contract, the only must resign members of the team currently are mahomes and chris jones

Hill will need to be resigned unless he is charged. His talent is hard to find even with the #1 pick in the draft.

Sorry, time for a rant.  You know one reason I'm very nervous about this is this Clark quote from another site:

“I feel like I’m good. I wanted to be somewhere where I’m wanted, where I’m appreciated. I thank God that KC came in & showed that. … In life (you) just want to be shown that you are appreciated sometimes & I feel like this was one of those things.”

Oh, poor babykins!  The Seahags have signed so many prima donnas to a contract that they literally don't have money to sign this guy and he (sniff, sniff) doesn't feel appreciated.  Hey guys, as you go to your construction job, your job pushing paper tomorrow, or whatever job you go to, take a second to feel sorry for poor, little, unappreciated Clark. 

I've seen too many of prima donnas get their contract with guaranteed money then go back to being the thugs they are.  At least the rookies have to behave themselves for a few years before they "get paid."  All of them wanna "get paid." And if you offer them #2 money, even if they aren't even a Top 10 talent, you are "disrespecting" them.  Guys, next time you are getting chewed on by your boss undeservedly or dealing with an unfair customer, just thing how lucky you are compared to these poor, underpaid, disrespected, unwanted, and unappreciated NFL players.

Yep, I'm being a drama queen here. And I hope Clark wins NFL Defensive Player of the Year as the Chiefs cruise to their first Super Bowel and 50 years.  But I will say, between the kneeling, the overpaid prima donna thugs, and the obvious bias the NFL has for teams like the Patriots and Cowboys, football is getting to the point where I'm starting to lose interest.  I didn't renew the NFL Ticket for the first time in 15 years.  And if the NFL keeps running fans off, these modern day court jesters are going to find the meaning of a days work and not "getting paid" for playing a game. 

Just now, SarcasticOne said:

Sorry, time for a rant.  You know one reason I'm very nervous about this is this Clark quote from another site:

“I feel like I’m good. I wanted to be somewhere where I’m wanted, where I’m appreciated. I thank God that KC came in & showed that. … In life (you) just want to be shown that you are appreciated sometimes & I feel like this was one of those things.”

Oh, poor babykins!  The Seahags have signed so many prima donnas to a contract that they literally don't have money to sign this guy and he (sniff, sniff) doesn't feel appreciated.  Hey guys, as you go to your construction job, your job pushing paper tomorrow, or whatever job you go to, take a second to feel sorry for poor, little, unappreciated Clark. 

I've seen too many of prima donnas get their contract with guaranteed money then go back to being the thugs they are.  At least the rookies have to behave themselves for a few years before they "get paid."  All of them wanna "get paid." And if you offer them #2 money, even if they aren't even a Top 10 talent, you are "disrespecting" them.  Guys, next time you are getting chewed on by your boss undeservedly or dealing with an unfair customer, just thing how lucky you are compared to these poor, underpaid, disrespected, unwanted, and unappreciated NFL players.

Yep, I'm being a drama queen here. And I hope Clark wins NFL Defensive Player of the Year as the Chiefs cruise to their first Super Bowel and 50 years.  But I will say, between the kneeling, the overpaid prima donna thugs, and the obvious bias the NFL has for teams like the Patriots and Cowboys, football is getting to the point where I'm starting to lose interest.  I didn't renew the NFL Ticket for the first time in 15 years.  And if the NFL keeps running fans off, these modern day court jesters are going to find the meaning of a days work and not "getting paid" for playing a game. 

YES 

10 minutes ago, SarcasticOne said:

Great take.  Next caller, you're on the air!

9 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The Chiefs can figure out a way to sign Jones, Pat and Hill.  The odd man out would be Fuller. 

Par has 2 or 3 years left? Sign one if these guys, I say Jones to extension this year. Sign then after season Hill if he is good to go and stays clean. Fuller could be extended to instead of Hill. This way you have abxhance to zmtsg the other not signed. Then work the cap the next year to extend our guys and set it up for the Mahomes extension to come. With the cap we will have next year we can pay plenty up front to front end load them.

9 minutes ago, SarcasticOne said:

Pretty sure you deserved it when your boss was yelling at you.

The cap is really something that can be easily manipulated with how much it's growing year to year, and with how much it's likely going to explode over the next CBA.  The reason the Chiefs want to extend Pat early is they want him locked in before those new figures come into play.

People lose their minds with every single big money contract and a year from now it's always, "man, that deal is a bargain today"

Just now, xen said:

Pretty sure you deserved it when your boss was yelling at you.

And some wonder why people start taking cheap shots at one another and using obscenities.  I know my opinion wouldn't be shared by all, but I would hope that an Administration would demonstrate proper netiquite and disagree with my arguments as opposed to the response you made. 

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I hate this deal so much, this puts me on the fire veach bamdwagon, even if andy reid made the deal, someone needs to pay

I don't think there's a "fire Veach bandwagon". I think there's just a wagon with you sitting alone in it. 

This is the most exciting time to be a Chiefs fan I can remember in my entire lifetime, and you are calling for peoples jobs. 

1 minute ago, SarcasticOne said:

And some wonder why people start taking cheap shots at one another and using obscenities.  I know my opinion wouldn't be shared by all, but I would hope that an Administration would demonstrate proper netiquite and disagree with my arguments as opposed to the response you made. 

Relax Francis, i was making a joke.  

I'll admit, AppalachianChief, in-between putting my head between my knees and wishing I had some oxygen bottles, this is a very calming statistic...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................(Now you did it, you got him so calm he eventually fell asleep!) 

3 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

Khalil Mack stats compared to Frank Clark last 3 seasons

Frank Clark - 47 games, 32 sacks, 31 TFL, 66 QB Hits

Khalil Mack - 46 games, 34 sacks, 39 TFL, 66 QB Hits

Funny how one fan base thinks they got hosed while another fan base believes they are geniuses…

What did Mack cost the bears in that trade...... I think we very will do well with Clark 

1 minute ago, SarcasticOne said:

I'll admit, AppalachianChief, in-between putting my head between my knees and wishing I had some oxygen bottles, this is a very calming statistic...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................(Now you did it, you got him so calm he eventually fell asleep!) 

Glad I could help even though I read back and others had already posted even though I know you are being sarcastic. Your number 1 now!!

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

What did Mack cost the bears in that trade...... I think we very will do well with Clark 

Of course it is possible both teams will regret these moves. Awful lot of money....these contracts often turn out very bad....see Chiefs recent history.

Im all in and rooting itrs the best ever move......does not keep me from hoping vs knowing.

Just now, FANATIC said:

Of course it is possible both teams will regret these moves. Awful lot of money....these contracts often turn out very bad....see Chiefs recent history.

Im all in and rooting itrs the best ever move......does not keep me from hoping vs knowing.

Mr. doom and gloom to the thread rescue!

7 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

Mr. doom and gloom to the thread rescue!

OH NO Mr Appalling....Nothing doom & gloom about it. I simply do not like high priced free agents. I dont waste my time attacking other peoples opinions either. I accept them for what they are.....opinions.  Want to attack mine fine. Hope it makes you feel better about yourself.

13 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

Glad I could help even though I read back and others had already posted even though I know you are being sarcastic. Your number 1 now!!

No, no sarcasm at a;;.  I got to Page 3 and then jumped here.  What you posted was the first time I read it and it does make the trade sound better.  If they are about the same player, a 1st and 2nd with us moving up on our 3rd is a lot better than two 1st round picks, that is as long as the guy loves football as much after he gets paid as he did before, as it seems Mack does. .  

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

You're out of your mind if you think these guys are just gonna line up wide every down.

Just saw several videos posted of Clark lining up inside and just destroying a guard. Also saw him pancake two different tackles. This guy is strong.