12 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

OH NO Mr Appalling....Nothing doom & gloom about it. I simply do not like high priced free agents. I dont waste my time attacking other peoples opinions either. I accept them for what they are.....opinions.  Want to attack mine fine. Hope it makes you feel better about yourself.

Hey my friend I didn’t attack you or cuss at you nor did it make me feel good because that is just a nick name I’ve given you no malicious intent! 

22 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Of course it is possible both teams will regret these moves. Awful lot of money....these contracts often turn out very bad....see Chiefs recent history.

Im all in and rooting itrs the best ever move......does not keep me from hoping vs knowing.

Well you can't stop trying because of history. If that were the case we never would have drafted Mahomes 

7 minutes ago, SarcasticOne said:

No, no sarcasm at a;;.  I got to Page 3 and then jumped here.  What you posted was the first time I read it and it does make the trade sound better.  If they are about the same player, a 1st and 2nd with us moving up on our 3rd is a lot better than two 1st round picks, that is as long as the guy loves football as much after he gets paid as he did before, as it seems Mack does. .  

I stand corrected brother my apologies I thought you was representing your name! 

7 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

Hey my friend I didn’t attack you or cuss at you nor did it make me feel good because that is just a nick name I’ve given you no malicious intent! 

Hmmmm....so calling someone Doom & Gloom is friendly and not attacking my opinion? OK?  Continue to stalk me if you need to. I will ignore you going forward. 

20 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Hmmmm....so calling someone Doom & Gloom is friendly and not attacking my opinion? OK?  Continue to stalk me if you need to. I will ignore you going forward. 

Now wait a minute I make a post about Mack you reply by talking about Mack but I’m stalking you come on man get some thicker skin or grow a pair and yes now that was an insult! 

2 hours ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Khalil Mack stats compared to Frank Clark last 3 seasons

Frank Clark - 47 games, 32 sacks, 31 TFL, 66 QB Hits

Khalil Mack - 46 games, 34 sacks, 39 TFL, 66 QB Hits

Yup, totally horrible move.

Wow!  How many D hits, though?

Mixed feeling when it comes to compensation (basically Ford plus a 1st if you want to put a face on it) as I don't think the Hawks were going to sign him and needed to make a move. If the Indy rumors were true then that's the price we had to pay for a difference maker. 

Contract wise it's just NFL business and I'd much rather pay a guy who consistently plays like Clark versus a probableone year wonder in Ford.

We got better bringing in a proven commodity versus a roll of the dice with the draft.  

Sean McVay on Clark:

“You mean, am I going to be sad not to see him twice a year? Heck no,” Rams coach Sean McVay said at the team’s pre-draft news conference. “He’s a great player. I think there’s a lot of things that go into that. He is a very good football player, and I will not be upset having to worry about seeing him. There’s a lot of really good players that they have in Seattle, but Frank was a special one. He’ll do a great job in Kansas City and that’s why he earned the deal.”

I have to admit...when I first heard about the trade and the contract I was like "WTF is Veach doing?'

I still think the money is a bit rich. He is like the 3rd highest paid defensive lineman in the NFL now correct? After the initial sticker shock I started focusing not so much on what we gave up but what we are getting. Clark is a stud. One defensive analyst I heard on the radio said "Comparing Dee Ford to Frank Clark is like comparing Joe Flacco to Patrick Mahomes." Dee Ford isn't a bum. But he is not the complete package Clark is. Ford cannot overpower guys. Ford was and will continue to be a liability in the run game. Ford has an injury history and is 3 years older than Clark. Plus he makes boneheaded mistakes. Clark also brings a level of nastiness to the defense that was severely lacking last year. It's obvious the Chiefs are expecting to get to the Super Bowl this year. In order to do that they needed a guy like Clark to anchor the line. They went out and got him.

As for the draft...I also understand that picks 25 through 65 are not that different as far as talent. Lot's of solid picks can be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. We can still get good players to add to the roster. 2019 Chiefs...SUPER BOWL OR BUST! I really think this is it.

Woke up this morning and on board with it now, I’m sure Veach is breathing a sigh of relief now!

the compensation is a lot but even though this draft is supposed to be deep at edge rushers, they’re not immediate impact players.  Are we really ok with another 4 year project like Ford or another Speaks to struggle to get to the QB all year and waste away another year of Mahomes putting up big numbers?  Clark is 26 and will still be hungry, plus you think honey badger will let him come in and not give a max effort, from everything HB says he’s going to make sure our D doesn’t lay down like last year.  

We gave up way too much for Clark anyone ask themselves why Seattle who has had a much better defense than the Chiefs the last 6 or 7 seasons didnt want to pony up and pay him what Veach overpaid him? We just got rid of some bad contracts and now Veach adds a new one! Secondary is way more of a problem than pass rush with the signing of Okafor, and trading for Ogabah sp? We could of had an impact rookie defensive player making about 2-4mil a year for 4yrs than 20+mil and 2 high draft picks for a player with the same amount of sacks as Dee Ford last season! Seattle knew they could replace him and get as much production at 1/4 the price! 

I think we were going to burn next years second rounder  or this years third rounder to move up to 21  (Seattle's Pick).  ......  and to be honest with you , that would have been for a cornerback.  Not one of the top edge rushers.   So value here,  I think is good.   We are getting a better player that we would have at #21 for pretty much the same price draft . 

the contract money was money the Chiefs had to spend,  so I think we are good there.  We still have money this year to extend Chris Jones.  I think we are pushing the Tyreek Hill deal to next year if at all,  depending on how things flush out with this child abuse situation. 

Clark is a stud player.  I think we have a better pass rush this coming season that we did last year,  especially considering that teams are not going to be able to effectively run the ball on us.  If this team is healthy and we do not release Tyreek Hill,  I can see this team winning the Super Bowl and doing so in a dominant fashion.   The Chiefs are going to be a very , very difficult team to deal with.

38 minutes ago, Shadow said:

We gave up way too much for Clark anyone ask themselves why Seattle who has had a much better defense than the Chiefs the last 6 or 7 seasons didnt want to pony up and pay him what Veach overpaid him? We just got rid of some bad contracts and now Veach adds a new one! Secondary is way more of a problem than pass rush with the signing of Okafor, and trading for Ogabah sp? We could of had an impact rookie defensive player making about 2-4mil a year for 4yrs than 20+mil and 2 high draft picks for a player with the same amount of sacks as Dee Ford last season! Seattle knew they could replace him and get as much production at 1/4 the price! 

Seattle couldn't pay him because Russell Wilson fleeced them for 140 million.  They were trying to keep him until Wilson forced their hand.

39 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Sacks ain’t everything.

I didn’t like the deal at first, and still think we overpaid.  But, Clark is far superior to Ford, who is one dimensional.  All those sacks still only netted a 31 rank on D.

Veach is gonna move up for a corner.  There are plenty of picks left to do it.  And, enough FAs were brought in to curb the need for drafting several developmental players.  There will be several PFAs signed and we still have camp cuts to look at also.

And I thought this was a calm week to travel :D Seahawks gave up on him because of the Wilson deal which created a cap hell. He's a much better DE than anything we've had since Allen left town. Like most of the recent contracts I'm guessing Veach is expecting Clark to progress during his deal since even though he's a nasty pass rusher he still needs to improve against the run, yet still better than what we've had in town. 

I would prefer something like both of our 2nds this year as we could salvage an extra pick with that late 1st but I guess the market was high on him. Definitely don't like the idea of future picks packaged with a big contract but that's the way of the business. 

" His 33 sacks since 2016 rank ninth in the league, and his 2,045 defensive snaps in that span are fewer than the eight players ahead of him, according to ESPN Stats & Information research. Of the 21 players with at least 25 sacks since 2016, Clark's average of a sack every 63.9 snaps ranks seventh. "

Pro Football Talk-

"The Chiefs have gone through a major defensive overhaul this offseason, and it’s easy to see why: Their offense was great last year, but their defense couldn’t stop Tom Brady and company in the playoffs, keeping Kansas City out of the Super Bowl.

But it’s easy to wonder whether the Chiefs aren’t giving up too much to make these changes. They’re going to pay Clark a reported $105 million over five years, and give up a first-round pick and a second-round pick for the privilege of doing that. Compare that to the way the Lions upgraded at defensive end, by paying Trey Flowers $90 million over five years, and not giving up any draft picks to do it.

If Clark is an All-Pro and the Chiefs have a Super Bowl-caliber defense, all of this will be worth it. But that’s a big “if.”"

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-buyingselling-the-top-free-agent-pass-rushers-in-2018

FRANK CLARK – BUY

Clark is young and consistent – a fantastic combo to project going forward. He’ll turn 26 later this year and has three straight seasons with 10-plus sacks. It’s not simply the yearly consistency, but also the game to game. He didn’t have a single game this past season with fewer than two pressures.

DEE FORD – SELL

Ford is the anti-Frank Clark at this point; the consistency over his career has been non-existent. Seemingly minor injuries have neutered his effectiveness over the years. His 84 pressures this season including the playoffs were 30 more than any other season of his career. The high end is there, but in such a deep free agent class, there’s no reason to break the bank for him. The franchise tag is nearly a certainty.